• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name

The "doesn't have his players" excuse really needs to be put to bed. It's a myth that continually gets brought up.
I want Arteta out but that's a pretty silly tweet. This is from a transfer window before Arteta took over. Now my memory may be hazy, but three of that XI left in that transfer window (Monreal, Koscielny and Cech). So that just leaves 8 players, of which three are still in the playing XI, meaning Arteta has moved on 5 players. Of those five, two of the players that regularly start (Elneny and Saka) are still at the club and were on the bench that game. Of the remaining three spots, we play Ceballos who was brought in by Emery, ESR who is a youth prospect and then Pepe who was again brought in during that transfer window.

Iceman10

Established Member
Shock the 12 year old is now being patronising. If you're like this in every day life I feel sorry for everyone that's around you. But you probably aren't, you're probably still living with your parents. In a basement.

You aren’t exactly taking any high ground right now, which you would comfortably be able to do if you had strong facts to back you up. Respond to the comment by @Tir Na Nog that was highlighted. Maybe reply to it directly.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I want Arteta out but that's a pretty silly tweet. This is from a transfer window before Arteta took over. Now my memory may be hazy, but three of that XI left in that transfer window (Monreal, Koscielny and Cech). So that just leaves 8 players, of which three are still in the playing XI, meaning Arteta has moved on 5 players. Of those five, two of the players that regularly start (Elneny and Saka) are still at the club and were on the bench that game. Of the remaining three spots, we play Ceballos who was brought in by Emery, ESR who is a youth prospect and then Pepe who was again brought in during that transfer window.
A lot of that is correct. I'd classify Ceballos as an Arteta signing though considering he signed him on loan for another season and obviously he signed Auba to a massive extension as well. Sokratis, AMN, Torreira, Kola, Özil, Mustafi, Guendouzi and Willock is still a heck of a lot of players/wages out the door in his time and I don't think we've had a penny back for any of them.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
A lot of that is correct. I'd classify Ceballos as an Arteta signing though considering he signed him on loan for another season and obviously he signed Auba to a massive extension as well. Sokratis, AMN, Torreira, Kola, Özil, Mustafi, Guendouzi and Willock is still a heck of a lot of players/wages out the door in his time and I don't think we've had a penny back for any of them.
Tbf again, of that list, I would have paid money to get rid of Mustafi, Özil, Sokratis and Kolasinac. Yeah, the Douzi one is bad player management, and honestly, despite all that, he should be getting more of the squad than 10th. In fact, it's more of an indictment of Arteta that Emery basically had that squad in the top 4 more or less.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Bielsa only works well with lesser players because they’re willing to run and run in training as well as every game. Try that here with our over paid wankers and he’ll walk after a month in charge.
Pep manages to do it with over paid wankers at City, and so does Klopp. This bullshit about well paid players being less willing to run is absolutely bullshit propaganda.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Tbf again, of that list, I would have paid money to get rid of Mustafi, Özil, Sokratis and Kolasinac. Yeah, the Douzi one is bad player management, and honestly, despite all that, he should be getting more of the squad than 10th. In fact, it's more of an indictment of Arteta that Emery basically had that squad in the top 4 more or less.
Yeah, it's clear that the likes of Mustafi needed to go, FWIW I'd have still had Özil involved until the end of his contract, but I think it further emphasises how much Arteta has been backed over Emery in that the board have basically agreed to pay off most of those for nothing in return. I mean Emery never played Özil for a big chunk of time in his last season, similar to Arteta, but no effort was made to try and offload him then. That's not me saying it would have ended any different for Emery either though if he had received that backing because who knows?

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Not sure I think the players have turned, most are his boys - Tierney, Luiz, Holding, Bellerin, Xhaka, Partey, Willian, Cedric, Mari etc.

Terry, Lampard, Drogba and Cech were all Mourinho's boys. Didn't stop Chelsea sacking him twice. You overestimate how much the average footballer gives a **** about anyone outside themselves.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Let's strip it back a bit here because Pepe plays less than Neto therefore stats will be skewed.

Have you watched Pepe play and attempt to dribble past players? There's no pace, no power, he doesnt dribble with any aggression, he looks elegant sometimes but there's no real passion to beat a player.

Now have you watched Neto? I'm sure you have. He plays with pace, power and aggressiveness. Something we severely lack on the wing, Saka plays with the aggressiveness but isn't as skillful as a dribbler.

I dont give a damn about stats when I can clearly see that one is an aggressive winger who beats his man regularly and the other is heavily reliant on skill to beat a man because he's not an aggressive, powerful runner.

It really isn't hard to differentiate the two. Another good example is Zaha, another one who uses power and aggressive dribbling to beat his man. Compare him to Mahrez or Bernardo Silva, who are overly reliant on skillful dribbling.

Pepe's finishing is pretty elite ill give him that, but I dont think he'll ever fit in this league with the lack of aggression. Reminds me of a winger version of Özil to some degree.
I get where you’re coming from, Neto is smaller, lower centre of gravity and quicker over short distances but at the end of the day the player with the higher take on % is the player whose best at beating his man, you can’t argue that really. You’re just talking about your preference.

Zaha is powerful but he’s as skillfull as anyone on the ball, don’t be like one of those pundits who discount African players’ technical attributes just because they’re athletic, not that I’m accusing you of that.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom