• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

not celebrating goals? Lool talk about moving the goal post. I can show you videos of 10 managers who were sacked their last matches and how the players celebrated goals. Also emerys last game was 1-2 loss to Frankfurt and we did celebrate our goal and created a lot of chances

Lmao in hindsight the way Emery was judged was incredibly harsh.

The handful of chances we create in a game nowadays if often used as a reason to bash the players.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I want our next manager to be warm and fuzzy, not stiff and cold
That's the dumbest **** I've ever seen someone post. And that's saying a lot consider the considerable amount of turd that's been posted on this forum over the years

I'm guessing you're going to be campaigning to have gunnersaurus as manager then!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

That's the dumbest **** I've ever seen someone post. And that's saying a lot consider the considerable amount of turd that's been posted on this forum over the years
It’s really not. Arteta may know a lot about football. But difference between a coach and manager is a manager has to connect with people. Humans tend to do better for you if they like you.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The mistake was not letting Emery sign his own players in the summer before he got sacked. He got top 5 and an EL final, so showed enough to get that backing.

His lack of English didn’t help, meant he couldn’t really sell himself and build a connection.

The guy after Wenger was always in for a tough time as most fans thought a new young shiny manager will take us back to the promise land.

It’s hit home now that we’re in drastic decline, and will probably never dominate English football again, or compete at the CL level.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
It’s really not. Arteta may know a lot about football. But difference between a coach and manager is a manager has to connect with people. Humans tend to do better for you if they like you.
Arteta is a great modern coach, highly capable to break down a general philosophy into many small pieces, and then drill them into the team. That’s what modern tactics is all about, and he is great at it. However, his philosophy is just terrible. No matter how capable you are to drill the tactics into your team, if you based it on a bad philosophy, you won’t get results. To me, he is the polar opposite to Wenger in terms of tactics. Wenger has a great set of tactical philosophy, but he failed to adapt to the modern tactical practice to drill pieces of small instructions into the team. In an ideal world, it would be great to have Wenger as a manager and Arteta to be the assistant. That would be a world class setup because the strengths of Wenger is the weaknesses of Arteta and vice versa.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
The mistake was not letting Emery sign his own players in the summer before he got sacked. He got top 5 and an EL final, so showed enough to get that backing.

His lack of English didn’t help, meant he couldn’t really sell himself and build a connection.
The club should have insisted on him using an interpreter. He may have taken that as a slight but the players not understanding what he wanted from them was a huge issue. We all laugh about the "calm" video but it's genuinely unclear what the purpose of that drill was.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The guy after Wenger was always in for a tough time as most fans thought a new young shiny manager will take us back to the promise land.

It’s hit home now that we’re in drastic decline, and will probably never dominate English football again, or compete at the CL level.
Doubt we’ll see Arsenal win the league again in our life time mate. Made my peace with it and am now a fully fledged non-sports fan. Leaving this institution at the end of the season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Would never say never.

Someone like Rodgers could easily get this squad competing for top four in certain years. Unlike Leicester we can actually afford to sign CL level players so you could see us becoming a factor in the competition with somebody competent in Edu’s role.

Not sure if we’ll ever be favourites but we’re two good hirings and a bit of luck/time away from being able to complete in the CL and league.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The club should have insisted on him using an interpreter. He may have taken that as a slight but the players not understanding what he wanted from them was a huge issue. We all laugh about the "calm" video but it's genuinely unclear what the purpose of that drill was.
The fans couldn’t understand was a big issue too, looking back, because if you can “talk the talk” and say the right things, that wins a lot of fans over who will then fight your corner.

He wanted Nzonzi and Zaha too, who looking back now would’ve been top signings.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arteta is a great modern coach, highly capable to break down a general philosophy into many small pieces, and then drill them into the team. That’s what modern tactics is all about, and he is great at it. However, his philosophy is just terrible. No matter how capable you are to drill the tactics into your team, if you based it on a bad philosophy, you won’t get results. To me, he is the polar opposite to Wenger in terms of tactics. Wenger has a great set of tactical philosophy, but he failed to adapt to the modern tactical practice to drill pieces of small instructions into the team. In an ideal world, it would be great to have Wenger as a manager and Arteta to be the assistant. That would be a world class setup because the strengths of Wenger is the weaknesses of Arteta and vice versa.
I see what you are saying, but would they get along? Wenger wanted his players to express themselves and believed ultimately games are decided on players decision and the more talented a player is the more likely he makes right decision

Arteta think he can control every aspect of the game and drill his players for everything. That’s why he tries to control everyone’s movement from the outside. It’s an extremely arrogant way of approaching things and he took all individual freedom away from the players. Sometimes we win the ball middle of the pitch and you see the player without assessing anything goes back to cb and cb to full back. It’s like they are restarting the drills during the match from training ground

GDeep™

League is very weak
Doubt we’ll see Arsenal win the league again in our life time mate. Made my peace with it and am now a fully fledged non-sports fan. Leaving this institution at the end of the season.
Like @Trilly said, never say never, bit of luck and good hiring brings us back to the party here and there.

As a fully fledged top club who compete at the top of England and expect to play CL KO games, we’re finished.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
From fans or journalists I’m yet to see a response as to what makes Arteta good that isn’t 1) Wenger rates 2) He was an assistant for Pep 3) He needs his own players.

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
David Moyes and Mikel Arteta started in the same month. David Moyes has taken West Ham forward and got them organised.
Mikel Arteta has taken Arsenal backwards and I still don’t understand what he's trying to do. But never mind, trust the process.

Top Bottom