• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Winning in the long term. You don’t like it, get off the ****ing boat.

200.gif

The certainties in life;

Death, taxes, Arteta fkin Arsenal and al-Ustaadh supporting him while he's doing it.

Alexs

A while. We wont be relegated. And there’s a decent chance we don’t get CL this year (but we’ll see when all starters are finally playing together). Kroenke’s have to be comfortable with investing without an immediate payoff but our fan base especially. This is going to take time. I thought it would be quicker but a combination of the pandemic and the **** hole our administration and wage bill structure has put us in makes this extremely difficult. A new manager changes nothing.
I'm interested, how long is a while? You imply 3 years of 8th is okay in the circumstances. Maybe it is but a new manager changes the things that matter most: some sort of clue on the pitch and a more attractive style of play. That's all I want for now and I don't really see Arteta providing it, since I've waited for 2 and a bit years with no real sign.

Telegraph: Arteta has 5 games to save his job

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

ITS HAPPENING

Mikel Arteta is under pressure to turn around Arsenal’s dismal start to the new season in time for the second international break in October or face a fight to save his job.

Arsenal have lost both of their opening Premier League games without scoring a goal, despite the club spending around £125million on new signings this summer.

Head coach Arteta was confronted by a group of angry supporters, who called for him to ‘leave’, as he exited the Emirates in his car on Sunday night, having seen his team booed off at half-time and full-time against Chelsea.

The Spaniard thanked the Arsenal fans for their support immediately after the game, but some are losing patience with the absence of any consistent proof of improvement since Arteta succeeded Unai Emery in December 2019.

Arteta claimed he was without nine players after the defeat to Chelsea, with £50m new signing Ben White ruled out with Covid, and there is acknowledgment within the club that he has been working under difficult circumstances.

Arteta also promised that results and performances will improve once players start to return and his new signings find their feet, but things could get worse before they get better with a trip to champions Manchester City to come.

But, following the City game and the first international break in September, Arsenal have games against newly-promoted Norwich City, Burnley, Tottenham Hotspur and Brighton, before the Premier League breaks again in October.

A failure to demonstrate a significant improvement in those games would see Arteta fighting to save his job and would hugely increase the pressure on his position, particularly as Arsenal could spend more money before the transfer window closes.

It is understood that the Gunners would ideally like to sign a new right-back, which could be dependent on whether or not Hector Bellerin leaves, and that they have registered an interest in former Tottenham player Kieran Trippier.

Trippier is believed to favour the prospect of a return to England with Manchester United, who remain frontrunners for his signature, but that has not put Arsenal off trying - despite Atletico Madrid’s demand for the 30-year-old’s £51m release clause to be met. Neither the Gunners nor United are likely to agree to meet that request.

Should Arteta ultimately fail to turn Arsenal’s fortunes around, then the club are likely to make former Chelsea head coach Antonio Conte their first choice to replace him.

Conte is out of work after leaving Inter Milan during the summer and rejecting an approach from Tottenham to succeed Jose Mourinho.

Arsenal would need to convince Conte that he would be given the tools, and the money, with which to challenge for trophies at the Emirates and would reject any offer that he felt showed the Gunners are prepared to accept second best.

Alexs

5 games would be City A, Norwich H, Burnley A, Spuds H, Brighton A. I'll take a point, guess which one, and Arteta gone, especially if Conte is lined up in the meantime but losing to Brighton and appointing Potter is fine. For this to work Norwich really need to up their game.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

5 games? I think we will lose all except Norwich at home. So after 7 games we will be bottom 3. I still don’t think he will be sacked

Top Bottom