• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Rattata

It hurts me, it hurts me badly.

I do remember that OnlyOne campaigned pretty hard for him too but the usual suspects were all about giving Arteta time.

Just imagine if Tuchel came in at the turn of the year and we replaced Edu with someone like Campos then gave them the £150M+ we gave Bumteta and Plebu this summer......................it hurts my soul.
Don't worry we will against Sp**s next week and then they will go back for Conte while we finish 10th at the end of the season.

Alexs

Glancing at today's table, this is where each team would finish if Arteta was the manager:

Chelsea - 5th
Liverpool - 5th
United - 5th
Brighton - relegated
City - 5th
Everton - 11th
Tottenham - 10th
West Ham - relegated
Brentford - relegated
Aston Villa - 17th
Watford - relegated
Leicester - 15th
Arsenal - 8th
Palace - relegated
Southampton - relegated
Wolves - relegated
Leeds - relegated
Newcastle - relegated
Burnley - relegated
Norwich - relegated

GunnerShy

You’re gonna get more out of Mo Salah the next 5 years than you are Saka or ESR so their ages doesn’t matter. This isn’t the 90s players play well into their 30s with modern technology.

Liverpool have a better squad and manager than Man Utd and have won more recently and performed better in multiple league campaigns apart from last season. It’s pretty obvious Man Utd will drop out the top 4 before Liverpool.
I disagree. But I'd have said Man UTD are the next most logical. I think they have too much attacking talent to drop off, even with a **** manager. Time will eventually tell.

I think if you actually look through Man UTDs squad, barring another quality central midfielder, it's outstanding. It's better than Chelsea's.

Mo Salah v Saka over the next five years? It's kind of the wrong comparison.

My point is Mo Salah 2021 v Mo Salah 2022/23. And what that means for their team. Alongside the rest of the spine. Will that drop them to the 65-75 points where we might stand a chance of competing?

In any case, not sure we are getting there with Mikky. The last couple of years have shown the importance of a top level manager. We've done ok with our transfer business. I think it's the 5th best squad in the league. It's young and short of the quality to take a top four spot this season, but with a **** manager, it will always look short of quality. Wenger, for all his alleged sins would walk this squad into fifth. Even now.

Lampard's Chelsea looked like they were missing something. They finished top four and won a UCL with a real manager.

TL;DR? I respectfully disagree. But without a proper manager, it's all academic.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arteta is getting support from the players, the match going fans, the owners and section of the media..it’s done guys.

We’ve all got a choice to make, it’s either suffer with Mik and the team every week or turn the telly off until further notice.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I disagree. But I'd have said Man UTD are the next most logical. I think they have too much attacking talent to drop off, even with a **** manager. Time will eventually tell.

I think if you actually look through Man UTDs squad, barring another quality central midfielder, it's outstanding. It's better than Chelsea's.

Mo Salah v Saka over the next five years? It's kind of the wrong comparison.

My point is Mo Salah 2021 v Mo Salah 2022/23. And what that means for their team. Alongside the rest of the spine. Will that drop them to the 65-75 points where we might stand a chance of competing?

In any case, not sure we are getting there with Mikky. The last couple of years have shown the importance of a top level manager. We've done ok with our transfer business. I think it's the 5th best squad in the league. It's young and short of the quality to take a top four spot this season, but with a **** manager, it will always look short of quality. Wenger, for all his alleged sins would walk this squad into fifth. Even now.

Lampard's Chelsea looked like they were missing something. They finished top four and won a UCL with a real manager.

TL;DR? I respectfully disagree. But without a proper manager, it's all academic.
Liverpool have way better attacking talent than Man Utd tho lol Salah is best forward in the league and Mane is top 3 in his position. Also they have the much better defence and manager, only thing they have over Liverpool might be manager and even then Pogba and Bruno are insanely overrated. You’re just buying into the Man Utd transfer hype it happens every season, they might not even finish top 4.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Imagine giving a new contract to a manager who finished 6th while his predecessors finished 5th/6th and it was deemed not good enough at the time.

What's this insistence with Arteta, is it because he's young ?

It's because the owners want someone who has something in the way of independent thinking but can still be kept on a tight leash because he doesn't have that big a profile to throw his weight around.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta is getting support from the players, the match going fans, the owners and section of the media..it’s done guys.

We’ve all got a choice to make, it’s either suffer with Mik and the team every week or turn the telly off until further notice.
Two 8th place finishes, 2 goals in 5 games, 13th, and the worst football I've ever seen as an Arsenal fan . . no boycotts, no abuse, no rants, no protests and not a plane in sight. 🤬🤬🤬

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Sp**s have looked a shadow of the team under Pochettino. They were investing 6th and Poch got top 4 for 4 years running, then they sacked him. Wenger over performed for 20 years and our fans made sure he failed.

What is wrong with people. The league isn't getting harder, the richest 4 teams have now got the league to themselves as Sp**s and Arsenal have shot themselves in the foot and joined the rest of the also rans.

scytheavatar

Established Member
It's because the owners want someone who has something in the way of independent thinking but can still be kept on a tight leash because he doesn't have that big a profile to throw his weight around.

Does Arteta actually have "something in the way of independent thinking"? So far his tactics and football philosophy are derivative from other managers.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Imagine giving a new contract to a manager who finished 6th while his predecessors finished 5th/6th and it was deemed not good enough at the time.

What's this insistence with Arteta, is it because he's young ?
The most bizarre part about this whole affair is I genuinely struggle to find anything objectively good about having Arteta as a manager. He hasn’t got the best out of anyone, his tactics are sh1t, his results are awful and the football his teams play is not worth watching. What exactly does the board see that we don’t?

At least with Klopp in the early days when the results weren’t good you could see a very clear and positive brand of football worth persisting with. Struggling to think of possible redeeming qualities Arteta might have.

IstraBalagina

Sp**s have looked a shadow of the team under Pochettino. They were investing 6th and Poch got top 4 for 4 years running, then they sacked him. Wenger over performed for 20 years and our fans made sure he failed.

What is wrong with people. The league isn't getting harder, the richest 4 teams have now got the league to themselves as Sp**s and Arsenal have shot themselves in the foot and joined the rest of the also rans.
The league isn't getting harder constantly, but this season it looks harder than ever with 4 teams possibly challenging for the title. Teams spending crazy money and still struggling.

Sp**s and Arsenal were not challenging anyway so a change was needed to try and be better but atm things don't look good for both.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Does Arteta actually have "something in the way of independent thinking"? So far his tactics and football philosophy are derivative from other managers.

He has a perpetually shifting set of "Non-negotiables". I suppose, at a stretch, that can be filed under the umbrella of independent thought 🤣

IstraBalagina

The most bizarre part about this whole affair is I genuinely struggle to find anything objectively good about having Arteta as a manager. He hasn’t got the best out of anyone, his tactics are sh1t, his results are awful and the football his teams play is not worth watching. What exactly does the board see that we don’t?

At least with Klopp in the early days when the results weren’t good you could see a very clear and positive brand of football worth persisting with. Struggling to think of possible redeeming qualities Arteta might have.
Actually when Arteta first came in we had the manager bounce effect and there was still a buzz around the place and we played better football than what we see now.

Once he took control things became worse.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

It hurts me, it hurts me badly.

I do remember that OnlyOne campaigned pretty hard for him too but the usual suspects were all about giving Arteta time.

Just imagine if Tuchel came in at the turn of the year and we replaced Edu with someone like Campos then gave them the £150M+ we gave Bumteta and Plebu this summer......................it hurts my soul.

Keep it on ice, there's a lot more hurt to come.

By that time, the Emirates PSA will have replaced "Sweet Caroline" with "Against The Wind" 🤣

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Sp**s and Arsenal were not challenging anyway so a change was needed to try and be better but atm things don't look good for both.
They were both getting in amongst the top 4 every year. Now both teams are on the long hunt to find another over performing manager. And its not as easy with Sp**s and Arsenal as it is with City, Chesea, United and Pool.

Haphazard

And any Arteta in maniacs need to look closely at Arsenal and Chelsea since Lampard left, including signings. Yes Chelsea have/had a better squad but not hugely better and their sacked manager had some managerial experience and actually was a club legend. With Tuchel/a real manager they won the CL, could easily win the league this year and we’re praying for 6th or 7th.
I remember seeing a stat somewhere that the assembled starting 11 squads for both did not have much of a price difference to justify chasing CL/PL vs finishing mid table.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom