• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Chaoz_Enigma

They'll say, "Like the stockmarket, when the bubble bursts there's often a long period before it reaches those heights again. After Arsène's incredible over performance there was bound to be some re adjustment and a string of bang average managers on the hunt for the next gem."
After his incredible bull run to undefeatable season high. There are visible slow decline corrections to Arsenal, indicating bear runs. There are several spikes but the trend did not buckle.

However during his last season and followed by 2 managers after, Arsenal were facing big dips. Will it bottom out or the freefalling continue?

For long term inves...(ahem suppprters) this is probably a buy in opportunity during the dips.

For trade....(ahem fans) these volatility in short and medium term might shake out interests as there are risks of catching a falling knife.

Chaoz_Enigma

What a complete load of drivel. I’m a supporter and a fan but not of this mindless charlatan. The arrogance to presume that if I don’t support this brain dead project I’m not a supporter, just a fan, is mind blowingly dumb and patronising.

I supported and was a fan of Arsenal before you were born. Just fcuk off.
Chill kid...we all want arsenal to win. Go take a break, drink some tea. Chill with the missus. There are more to life than being angry at an internet forum. Just bring your passion when we win and shed some tears of joy.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
After his incredible bull run to undefeatable season high. There are visible slow decline corrections to Arsenal, indicating bear runs. There are several spikes but the trend did not buckle.

However during his last season and followed by 2 managers after, Arsenal were facing big dips. Will it bottom out or the freefalling continue?
Yea, we'really sliding down on the left arm of the head and shoulders shape.

What we experienced during Wenger was a parabolic run to new heights (price discovery) and we reached ATH in 2004. After that there were some corrections but we were always in accumulation.

What Arteta is doing is a horrible Fib retracement of going past the critical 0.618. It's always difficult and takes a long time to come back from that 😎

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Would be interesting to split A-M posters into "Fan" and "Supporter" categories. Might be dangerous though. Reopening barely healed older wounds as internecine warfare breaks out between different tribes - The Usual Suspects; The Bum Squad; The Sauce Squad and all of the splinter factions (pro/anti vaxxers, Özil loyalists, "The Youth", The Iconoclasts etc). @Riou and I caught in the crossfire, just wailing with fear and despair.

(I'm definitely a supporter btw 😉)

Alexs

Chill kid...we all want arsenal to win. Go take a break, drink some tea. Chill with the missus. There are more to life than being angry at an internet forum. Just bring your passion when we win and shed some tears of joy.
I can be angry at the bogus labeling. I missed 3 home games from 1976-1998. Arteta has no right to decide what kind of supporter I am but on his terms, when I go I’m surrounded by fans and very few supporters.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Arteta has half this forum on strings :lol:

I don't even agree with what he's said but if you think he's an idiot or doesn't know what he's doing why would you bother getting worked up by what someone like that says?

Pretty obvious to me he's trying to create a siege type mentality among the match going fanbase before a big game.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Arteta has half this forum on strings :lol:

I don't even agree with what he's said but if you think he's an idiot or doesn't know what he's doing why would you bother getting worked up by what someone like that says?

Pretty obvious to me he's trying to create a siege type mentality among the match going fanbase before a big game.

Yeah in all seriousness he knows what he's doing saying this and there's no chance the match going fans are gonna turn against him ahead of such a massive game. It's a gamble because if we win this he's thinking it'll win him even more support, however it could also massively backfire if we don't, but why would he not be backing us to win?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Arteta is a ****ing *****. This is all it comes down to. His head is so far up his own arse that he thinks the current mood among the crowd is down to them getting on board with his “project” when the reality is everyone is just happy to be back at the football again. Tim Stillman wrote a good piece about it this week.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Thank god real fans who support their local teams up and down the country from league one to the conference don't share your view or there would be no leagues at all.

You're like a 5 year old throwing your toy.

Entertian me entertain me.

Pretty sad.
Think there is a big difference between being a match going fan and one that follows a team mainly via TV. Same between the traveling fans and the ones that only go to home games.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Would be interesting to split A-M posters into "Fan" and "Supporter" categories. Might be dangerous though. Reopening barely healed older wounds as internecine warfare breaks out between different tribes - The Usual Suspects; The *** Squad; The Sauce Squad and all of the splinter factions (pro/anti vaxxers, Özil loyalists, "The Youth", The Iconoclasts etc). @Riou and I caught in the crossfire, just wailing with fear and despair.

@Riou Is a classic case of the Arsenal supporter. He's as rabid as the rest of us during the day but late at night, when he's probably raiding the cabinets for errant jaffa cakes, he experiences a moment of weakness where he regrets acknowledging the truth.

He'll run back to Arteta's manicured hands eventually.

But you...

addtext_com_MDQyOTM5MzEyNDU.jpg

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Think there is a big difference between being a match going fan and one that follows a team mainly via TV. Same between the traveling fans and the ones that only go to home games.

Yep, I'm not saying any type of fan is better or worse than the other but you can tell the difference.

If someone became a fan of Arsenal because they loved watching on TV the way we played football in the 2000's or because they had great admiration for our manager it's totally understandable that they'd be fed up with the club now and want out. That era is long gone sadly.

Then there are others who kind of have the club ingrained in them and are going to be passionate about it through thick and thin, probably to their own detriment at times, even if they're not keen on how the club is being run currently.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Would be interesting to split A-M posters into "Fan" and "Supporter" categories. Might be dangerous though. Reopening barely healed older wounds as internecine warfare breaks out between different tribes - The Usual Suspects; The *** Squad; The Sauce Squad and all of the splinter factions (pro/anti vaxxers, Özil loyalists, "The Youth", The Iconoclasts etc). @Riou and I caught in the crossfire, just wailing with fear and despair.

The thing is Arteta is talking like he isn’t the one that made a lot of the supporters we have on here/other platforms into fans. Very strange comments though as he seems fixated on the fanbase and these types of sly digs just divides the fanbase even further imo.

Got to give credit to those who aren’t following him blindly as he’s moving towards this “light” which will lead everyone off a cliff - it’s inevitable that’ll happen.

Barry

The thing is Arteta is talking like he isn’t the one that made a lot of the supporters we have on here/other platforms into fans. Very strange comments though as he seems fixated on the fanbase and these types of sly digs just divides the fanbase even further imo.

Got to give credit to those who aren’t following him blindly as he’s moving towards this “light” which will lead everyone off a cliff - it’s inevitable that’ll happen.
Do you know what, I agree with most of this. He's always going to be on dangerous ground when he starts blaming the fans, and besides that he's wrong as well - the dodgy performances and results are why some fans have turned. That said, there are some moronic elements to our fan base as well. Take the social media stuff when Ramsdale signed. Some of it was appalling. We shouldn't just passively accept that either.

Barry

@Riou He's as rabid as the rest of us during the day but late at night, when he's probably raiding the cabinets for errant jaffa cakes, he experiences a moment of weakness where he regrets acknowledging the truth.

I love your work, this is some exceptional story telling!

Not going to comment on what stuff I'm made from, but if you cut me open it would be 90% jaffa cake, most days.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Yep, I'm not saying any type of fan is better or worse than the other but you can tell the difference.

If someone became a fan of Arsenal because they loved watching on TV the way we played football in the 2000's or because they had great admiration for our manager it's totally understandable that they'd be fed up with the club now and want out. That era is long gone sadly.

Then there are others who kind of have the club ingrained in them and are going to be passionate about it through thick and thin, probably to their own detriment at times, even if they're not keen on how the club is being run currently.
In addition to the difference between fans going to matches and not there is of course the difference between non-match going fans watching Arsenal on TV and fans that join various online communities with an Arsenal bend on them. In the latter group you will get just about everything. From A-M posters who on the whole just want to talk about Arsenal with someone, to the low lives that harass players like Xhaka, Ramsdale etc. on social media.

I wouldn't m ind a poll though like what @Barry suggests. I am fairly sure the large majority would view themselves as supporters.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I love your work, this is some exceptional story telling!

Not going to comment on what stuff I'm made from, but if you cut me open it would be 90% jaffa cake, most days.

This gave me a good laugh 🤣

I've always loved writing. The best thing that came out of the pandemic (never thought I'd hear myself say that) was rekindling my love of writing & putting the many idle hours to good use.

Had my first ever (two actually) stories published earlier this year. The main character in one of them is named Mikel.

As much as I wanted to kill him, doing it in fiction was my only recourse. He didn't survive (and it felt a little too good 🤣 )

Top Bottom