• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger šŸ™
Trusted ā­

Player:Saliba
I think Arteta should have been sacked already but I 100% think he's a better manager than Ole. Not even close.

How longs Ole been a manager now? Must be pushing a decade and he's crap. He's a school sports team level tactician šŸ˜

Even though Arteta has struggled at times you can see there's something there, the Arsenal job may have just come too early for him. Plus he's actually won a trophy of note, at least.

Ole's winged it at United on fan sentimentality and a nice guy persona.
United are investing 2nd with their squad and Ole finished 2nd last year.

Arsenal are investing 5th and Arteta hasn't come anywhere near that yet. So don't get carried away.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit šŸ’ø
Dusted šŸ”»

Iā€™ve not seen anything to suggest Arteta is better than Ole. Other than Ole gets more money and has a better team and Arteta gets by with less.

When I say get by, I mean free reign to lose against any half decent side.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ā­

Player:Rice
Why I say Arteta is a better manager then Ole is largely tactical.

I've no doubt Arteta is well versed tactically, in fact he may be too well versed for his own good, he over thinks things and trips himself up trying to be too clever. A poor man's Pep in that regard.

Ole's just a deer in a headlights when things go wrong, like today. He wasn't in control of his side after they went 2-0 down.

shoot for the top

I've no doubt Arteta is well versed tactically, in fact he may be too well versed for his own good, he over thinks things and trips himself up trying to be too clever. A poor man's Pep in that regard.

Ole's just a deer in a headlights when things go wrong, like today. He wasn't in control of his side after they went 2-0 down.
Tactically better? Yesterday was the first time in a while Arsenal produced good football. He has been largely worst than Emery with more money spent.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

Ole is more like Wenger of the old. He doesn't try to overcomplicate things. He puts out his best 11 most weeks and let the players figure it out. The problem now is that the players under his disposal are need of coaching because he has too many luxury players and out of form regulars to compensate for it. He could get away with Pogba in the line up because Fred and McTominay can cover a lot of ground but now they have to factor in Ronaldo who is useless off the ball. United's downfall lowkey reminds me of Lampard's at Chelsea. Too many players were brought in and disrupted the small collection of players he had.

Arteta is like a Rube Goldberg Machine. He has many clever ideas to solve simple issues but he often creates new problems because he overcomplicates the method. Imagine creating a 60 yard long domino stacked contraception that uses kids toys and a bowling ball to turn on the tv. Yeah it looks cool and you will probably get a few million likes on YouTube, but we have remote controls for a reason. Arteta likes Tierney to push up and play like a winger but he is aware that Tierney will obviously leave a lot of space behind him so he will put Xhaka there to close any gaps. That makes sense but Partey is isolated in midfield and many teams can take exploit of that numerical advantage. When the more simpler thing he could do is to keep Xhaka in midfield and tell Tierney to be more intelligent on when to push up instead.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I think Arteta should have been sacked already but I 100% think he's a better manager than Ole. Not even close.

How longs Ole been a manager now? Must be pushing a decade and he's crap. He's a school sports team level tactician šŸ˜

Even though Arteta has struggled at times you can see there's something there, the Arsenal job may have just come too early for him. Plus he's actually won a trophy of note, at least.

Arteta probably knows way more than Ole but being a coach isn't all about knowledge and tactics. There are softer factors too. There are a lot of things that Ole has over Arteta. Ole isn't abrasive or difficult for his players. Almost all of his players have bought into his project. Even the ones that don't play don't really kick up as fuss. As for Arteta, we know he has a history of upsetting some players. Guendouzi, Ɩzil, AMN, Willian, Luiz etc. Arteta's talent ID is questionable. Willian, Cedric, Mari, keeping Nketiah, picking Leno over Martinez etc. I think Ole has mostly been right with his acquisitions. No silly transfers like Feilani or a finished Falcao.

Fabregasm

Spot on, but Arteta seems to be learning well and shaping the squad up differently this season. He sort of understood now the need for intensity over anything else tactically and like the game against palace, we scored early and dropped off and got screwed. The last game I saw him engaging the team to press on after taking the lead and not revert to that backward and sideway passing in attempt to "control" the game and end up losing it. Pretty good sign he is at least learning from mistakes.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
If we'd had a lot more of these type of performances in his reign I'd certainly have given the guy a lot less criticism. I'm not asking for much, we really don't have to play as negatively as we have in so many games when you see what we can be capable of.
The inconsistency is the hallmark of a midtable team. This is what Arteta has made us.

IstraBalagina

What's there? Is it confidential?

IstraBalagina

Spot on, but Arteta seems to be learning well and shaping the squad up differently this season. He sort of understood now the need for intensity over anything else tactically and like the game against palace, we scored early and dropped off and got screwed. The last game I saw him engaging the team to press on after taking the lead and not revert to that backward and sideway passing in attempt to "control" the game and end up losing it. Pretty good sign he is at least learning from mistakes.
If he learns from his mistakes why we finished 8th back to back? You must look at the whole picture not base it on one game

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
eZxDBPO.jpg

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Think @<<reed>> predicted a story like this would come out

I feel sorry for mouthpieces like this, constantly having to shift their narrative, until some sort of consistency is attained. Then its likely a "I told you to keep the faith" or something along those lines.

For far more detailed analysis, why cant these commentators call the situation for what it is and analyse the situation accordingly. They would get so much more covered that way.

Fabregasm

If he learns from his mistakes why we finished 8th back to back? You must look at the whole picture not base it on one game

Let's just say if this is another 8th finished then he's done. I'm looking it game by game the inconsistency is still there but when it clicks it is pleasant and no fluke wins like before

Alexs

The top 3 are long gone already but 4th is anyone's down to us in 10th. The next league game will tell us much more about Arteta's new found knowledge and the team's consistency. If we win the 3 next winnable games and don't get embarrassed by Liverpool I'll start to believe he's turned the corner.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger šŸ™
Trusted ā­

Player:Saliba
Fergie got hammered 1-6 at home to City in 2011 and yet won the league the following year, Leicester put 5 past City last year but Pep won the league, Aston Villa put 7 past Liverpool last year, yet Klopp is a superb manager.

Fans always get carried away with big losses because it hurts their ego.But they don't mean sh!t. What matters is your consistency. It was big losses that lost ArsĆØne his job in my view, It didn't matter that he always managed to finish in the top 4 and won cups for fun spending way below the rich 3.

Arteta hasn't got any consistency so far and he lost 5-0 to City. We're a long way off saying he's better than Ole or any other manager at this point.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

Is 4-4-2 the way forward now? When we play with one up top we look so isolated.

Obviously in big games I donā€™t mind if we surrender possession and keep it tight but against Palace and Brighton we missed an opportunity.

Leicester Iā€™d probably go back to a midfield three because Tielemans is playing incredibly and will need covering.

Watford afterwards is calling out for two up top.

Top Bottom