• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Too be honest £350m later and I don't which team would win, the first under Unai playing the second under Arteta. Obviously Auba couldn't play twice, but put Martineli in there.

Liechtsteiner was a back up. Tavares is nothing compared to Monreal. White is an english Mustafi it seems.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You say this and when you apply what you've said, we could replace half our team with West Ham players and improve. That's a real worry imo.
Nonsense. They have their main cb out for the season. They have 1 striker. People never seem to get different managers get more out of their players. Our players like Man U, Chelsea in the past is being held back by poor manager

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Too be honest £350m later and I don't which team would win, the first under Unai playing the second under Arteta. Obviously Auba couldn't play twice, but put Martineli in there.

The Unai team finished 1 point off 4th and 2 points of third and was the third highest scoring team in the league (72 goals). Why the highest the Arteta team has ever finished is 8th twice :facepalm:

These people should have some shame ffs.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
The Unai team finished 1 point off 4th and 2 points of third and was the third highest scoring team in the league (72 goals). Why the highest the Arteta team has ever finished is 8th twice :facepalm:

These people should have some shame ffs.
And he had to totally bottle the end of season to finish fifth; we were right on track for at least third at the same time teta had us languishing in the bottom half

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Because the "young squad for the future" schtick was engineered by Arteta and his media/PR shills.

As @field442 explained it well, this approach is designed to buy him time in the owners eyes and his media hacks will have plenty of excuses ready.

The fact that he made a 180° turnaround from signing experience in first summer window (plans for CL in 3 years 🤦🏻‍♂️) to youth (ones for the future), is a testament that he has no idea but he's just buying himself more time.

Hmmmm, I disagree with a ton of this, sorry @field442. He’s not buying time just because he bought younger players.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

So these young players are ready? Why does he constantly remind us about how young we are then?

I’m disagreeing with the idea he bought ‘young players’ just for an excuse. That to me simply isn’t true.

That’s something this club needed to do for years.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I’m disagreeing with the idea he bought ‘young players’ just for an excuse. That to me simply isn’t true.

That’s something this club needed to do for years.
You can buy 24-25 year old with experience. We purposely went very young so Arteta can start building and get more time. It won’t make any difference. Give him 10 years and a billion m. He is still poor manager

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

You can buy 24-25 year old with experience. We purposely went very young so Arteta can start building and get more time. It won’t make any difference. Give him 10 years and a billion m. He is still poor manager

Look at the players we bought though? They are all modern type players and most managers would be happy with them.

They aren’t specifically for Mikel, their young players who hold value and have high potential, Mikel facilitated that.

Had we gone for experience I doubt we’d be playing more exciting football or be better off on points.

These players aren’t bought just so Mikel has more time, that’s my opinion.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Look at the players we bought though? They are all modern type players and most managers would be happy with them.

They aren’t specifically for Mikel, their young players who hold value and have high potential, Mikel facilitated that.

Had we gone for experience I doubt we’d be playing more exciting football or be better off on points.

These players aren’t bought just so Mikel has more time, that’s my opinion.
So who bought the players if not Mikel?

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

So who bought the players if not Mikel?

What? I said facilitated, as in he had a part to play along with others involved. If they wanted to keep Mikel on to rebuild they'd just do it regardless of who they bought. The owners of a club don't need to give the manager an excuse just to keep him on. :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom