• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Malky

Established Member
Job's ****ed, Arteta's done here.
7 out of a potential 24 points away from home so far. Even better, we've only scored 6 away from home. :lol: :lol:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't get why people are crying. This is what some of us have been saying for better part of last 12 months but no one listened and they all buried their heads in the sand. I lost faith after our 3-0 loss Villa December last year. His whole career here have been a boom-bust cycle. This is his ceiling. We're just prolonging the whole issue by keeping him. Better cut the cord now.

I'm saying it now, I hope we lose all our games as long he's manager.

Ps: **** off with your santimonious bullshit about being a better fan than me.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
I really don't know what I keep coming back to watch these games when I know that we are going to be Stoke MKIII. There is nothing redeeming in our matches, and I don't really care anymore about a win or loss. The feeling I had for this club is still there, but man.

Every match, it's the same thing all over again. So preditable, so boring. Getting battered by Chelsea, City and Liverpool is one thing and people will look for exuses there. But Everton? Mikel pls. He should have been gone months ago.

I'll advise Mikel to change his slogan of 'Trust to Progress' to 'Stop the Regress'.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I'm expecting a bump on that "Is the league tougher" thread.

It always happens after all our embarrassing losses.
I honestly doubt that. Think even the most supportive media outlets are or have turned. There will be the odd holdout, but no one has forgotten the previous poor performances. Like the Villa game from last season. That was a terrible game and yesterday feels a bit the same. I feel that many can turn a blind eye to poor performances and bad runs if they aren't too often and too reoccurring. Under Arteta they have turned out to be too often and too reoccurring. I started hoping for top 4 and now after the last two games it looks impossible.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Does Arteta need another 150m to spend?

My boy Demarai Gray cost 1.7m last summer, I’m sure if we looked hard enough we could have identified a decent CM.

Oops I forgot, we sacked our scouts 🤦🏽‍♂️

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Realistically I don't see a change being made until at least the summer.

You look at fairly realistic options like Rodgers or Potter and you ask yourself would they get more out of this squad than Arteta?

Results wise you'd say probably but more than that they'd actually implement an identifiable style of football. Our squad is actually pretty decent now. There are things to work with.

The way I look at it either Arteta gets top 4 this season ( which I don't believe will happen now) or we move on from him. Managers that we hold interest in should be being sounded out now.

The problem is the likes of Vinai, Edu and even Josh have tied themselves to Arteta. If Arteta is removed the first two are in danger of going down with Arteta's ship so they'll probably fight it to the bitter end.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn’t surprise me if he became the first manager to survive a dressing room revolt tbh. We’d probably be the first club to sack a bunch of disgruntled players before getting rid of the manager.

Honestly can’t believe the lack of whispers about an unhappy dressing room. Adrian Clarke has always said players tend to work you out pretty quick, especially if you’ve got no reputation to fall back on and you can lose them quickly. I’m baffled that all I ever hear is that the players are behind him and say he’s some kind of tactical genius.

Then again anyone with an opposing view to him probably is lined up and whipped while Mikel watches from on high.

What did you expect?

The board bends over backwords for this joker. Add to that the fact that the most senior player in this team & captain is a bonafide coward who shirks his duty on a constant basis!

It's sickening how, with the lack of a backbone, that this guy is our captain.

The man is a bonafide mollusk & epitomises the current malaise that is gripping the club.

How do we expect the young players to take charge when their older peers hide from the problems staring them in the face? They need instructions, guidance & discipline.

Instead, they're fed a steady diet of nonsense, delusion & tips about stacking cones correctly.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The cult like devotion is genuinely scary.

not even sure maniacs like this & the PR boys in the Athletic do Arteta any favours these days

Arteta was not happy with the performance, the team was very experienced & 'average squad age' is not a thing :facepalm:

"I'm very disappointed," Arteta told Arsenal Media. "I think in the first half we were inconsistent with the ball and we had some moments of control, we didn’t concede anything apart from the goal that was disallowed by the set-piece, but we didn’t have enough penetration or threat on the opponents' goal.

"One of the few times we did it we scored a goal from Martin and then in the second half we had to grab the game and we tried to do that, but again, in moments we were sloppy.

"We created four big, big chances, with Eddie, two with Martin and then one with Auba at the end, and when you don’t put them in the net away from home it’s very complicated to win the game, especially if you concede in the way that we did for example with the first goal.

"We gave too many balls away too easily and encouraged them against the movement that they had in the press. The few times that we did break the press we were open on goal, but we have to do it much more consistently."

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
James McNicholas in the Athletic

'If you were already concerned about the absence of a coherent strategy for Arsenal’s attack, then their performance in this 2-1 away loss to Everton will have confirmed some of your fears.'

Hey, I'm thinking he's seeing the light, until he spins it that Arteta hasn't been able to buy any strikers of the right type to suit his style of play and suggest a player like Calvert Lewin would be more suitable.

'Stylistically, he is a very different player to either Aubameyang or Lacazette: of his 43 Premier League goals to date, almost half (18 goals — 42 per cent) have been headers. He would offer Arsenal the focal point they frequently lack.'

Get your cheque book out Stan Arteta's PR team is trying to suck you in again.

Top Bottom