• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That report is saying we're planning on offering him a new deal before the season is over though.
i dont believe these reports the mail likely made up the story because of Pep contract with city and saw it an opportunity to made up story because they keep eye on Arteta. as much i remember supporting arsenal we offer manager new contract at the end of season we did it with wenger too.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why are people are getting so wound up about the Liverpool result? They have a far superior squad, a better manager and we were without our two starting MFs. The players were disturbed by the fraudulent betting investigation timed right before the game (nice job FA). He should be judged on league performance, not the League cup.

If the board are backing him they have to offer him a new contract this season. Remember the chaos that happened when Wengers contract was allowed to enter its final 12 months in 2016/17, the speculation about if he would renew or not had a negative impact on the team.
What are your excuses to losing to Nottingham Forest?

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
New Arteta contract incoming! Jesus, I thought we were a mess but it seems you lot and Everton want to join us.

I don’t understand how Utd, Arsenal etc owners can look at clubs like Liverpool and City and yet still persist with the same, tried and tested (failed) managers and routines.

It’s crazy.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

New Arteta contract incoming! Jesus, I thought we were a mess but it seems you lot and Everton want to join us.

I don’t understand how Utd, Arsenal etc owners can look at clubs like Liverpool and City and yet still persist with the same, tried and tested (failed) managers and routines.

It’s crazy.
Well, you tried with van Gaal and Mourinho, tried, tested and successful managers. You still failed. Perhaps the problems were deeper than the manager?

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
What are your excuses to losing to Nottingham Forest?
does it matter?
progress is there to be seen, we are overachieving with the youngest team in the league.

he created a solid back 4, He prioritized Saka's progress over Pepe´s credentials and it paid off, he found a fantastic winger on Martinelli, which is exuding confidence, we have an elite GK with basically no selling.

But the most important thing, the team plays for him, they believe him, and so we should.

Good news if we are offering him a new contract, it would be stupid not to do it after the amount of progress we made this year. Sometimes it is not about points or results, it is about bringing our fanbase together again, it's about making the stadium believe, it's about creating a core of players that can take us places. he has done that and he can keep improving.

GDeep™

League is very weak

It’s crazy.
Don’t think you can call Arteta a failed manager, won us a Cup, in contention for top 4 this season. That’s pretty decent going when you’re up against phenomenal spenders like Utd, City, and Chelsea.

Utd are the biggest spenders on the planet in the last 4/5 years, don’t compare us to you.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

does it matter?
progress is there to be seen, we are overachieving with the youngest team in the league.

he created a solid back 4, He prioritized Saka's progress over Pepe´s credentials and it paid off, he found a fantastic winger on Martinelli, which is exuding confidence, we have an elite GK with basically no selling.

But the most important thing, the team plays for him, they believe him, and so we should.

Good news if we are offering him a new contract, it would be stupid not to do it after the amount of progress we made this year. Sometimes it is not about points or results, it is about bringing our fanbase together again, it's about making the stadium believe, it's about creating a core of players that can take us places. he has done that and he can keep improving.

Didn't know you're a comedian.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It’s crazy.
So you want City to take him? They are very impressed by his work here and want a new direction after pep leaves. They are fed up with winning against big teams and want to go back to their old ways with Arteta

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

does it matter?

Wow I mean I do think Arteta may be going somewhere, but your post is filled with so much gross exaggeration and just outright non-truths that I'm struggling to believe if it's serious.

Let's go through each point.

No we're not. We're 6th and Tottenham are a point ahead of us with a game in hand. That said, it's also true that West Ham are only two points ahead of us having played two more.

So I think it's fair to estimate that our true position might be 5th.

Tottenham fired their manager part way through the season and I think are just getting their act together. However, I've heard that they aren't actually playing good football but are getting lucky, I don't watch them but even so, they could pull four ahead of us if they win their game in hand.

Man Utd haven't really been great either and also parted ways with their manager part way through the season. They are on the same points as us having played a game more.

We spent upwards of £120M or so in the summer, albeit a lot of our players are young but I'd say that given all of the factors 5th is only about par. Don't get me wrong; it's certainly not bad, but not overachieving.

Solid back 4; yep sure, he's done good things regarding the defensive side of our game; we're not perfect but definitely better.

The Saka point just isn't true and it's a bit weird point to make.

Saka featuring has nothing to do with being prioritized over Pepe. Saka would be playing regardless (as he's fantastic) and Arteta has already proven that he doesn't favour Pepe anyway (he started Willian over him at the beginning of the previous season), so it's not a question of prioritization and I don't know why you're trying to spin that point as some kind of genius move by Arteta; it's not.

As for the point on Martinelli I won't even waste my breath, but he did not find a winger in Martinelli, he'd already played in a similar way before Arteta came in.

He did very well with Ramsdale though, both him and Edu, especially as lots of fans likely shared the same view as me in thinking that he'd be a bad signing; we were proven wrong.

Erm no, it'd be stupid to offer him a contract before he's even achieved a position in the league this season.

And whilst I think we've started to look good (well.......before the recent cup games), it did take Arteta spending quite a bit of money and bringing in "his own players" before things started to finally click.

He's lucky to still be here especially considering how badly the previous season was going until around Christmas.

Last edited:

Kav

Established Member
does it matter?

Yes it matters because clubs exist to win trophies and titles amongst other things.

He didn’t find Martinelli. That credit goes to Raul and co and particularly Emery for playing him.

There is no progression as yet. We’re 6 th and there are 18 games to play. We still have a mid table offense and a nonexistent midfield. Try again. Go on.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
The league is the best measurement of success. It's a cliche, but the table never lies, at least not after 38 games.

There is a lot of noise, but the time to take stock will be once the season is finished. Any contract should wait till then.
Thats true but Josh Kroenke has a man crush on Tets.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

This isn’t surprising at all.

A bit of a read below, but humour me.

I think what a lot of people here need to realise, is that the club’s evaluation of the Arteta project and the evaluation from those outside of the club (us here for example) are vastly different. It’s very clear by now, from the club actions, that Arteta is meeting the milestones that have been set out, whereas we are left speculating about whether he is doing a good job based on individual results or groups of performances or even if we make top 4 this season.

The very same thing happened to Klopp, and Guardiola if I recall, them being questioned by their supporters, before their respective projects took off and started delivering.

Nothing wrong with doing our own evaluation and drawing our own conclusions of course, we are looking at the project’s most important measure, the results on the field. But ultimately it’s still based on incomplete information. We don’t know what is happening behind the scenes, what is to be invested, and what’s coming. And that’s a lot of information to miss out on.

For me, the real questions are what @Kav asks. What is it that has the club and so many working behind the scenes so loyal and invested in Arteta and Edu? Is it a case of…

1. These people behind the scenes at Arsenal continuously fall for Arteta’s sweet words and catchphrases, which make them forget our poor performances, poor management of the squad, getting knocked out of cups and missing top 4, getting beat by our direct rivals or well organised less resourceful teams like Brighton, are extremely fearful of being wrong yet again and do not have the vision to go for a real achiever like Graham Potter, or are not pushing for the right players?

Or..

2. These people behind the scenes have access to the bigger plan of action of the project, the actual expected dates and times for specific milestones, the actual plan of action on how we get there, the investments to be made in the squad and around it, the players targeted, monies to be spent, etc.

I for one do not think our officials at the club are ducking idiots who would piss away the long term prosperity of the club, because they like some rookie manager. Instead I see a club which as tucked up with its planning and actions in recent years, realise there is no quick fix to this, and now have committed to a slower, more detailed recovery process. Mertesacker himself alluded to this.

So forget, what the papers tell you, rival fans who claim our club’s a mess, etc. They too have no idea about what’s happening. Instead try and look for the longer term investments, that do not necessarily yield results right now. That, remains in the guesstimate zone, but IMO is a closer sign of where we’re going.

Last edited:

Oh_Snap

does it matter?

somewhat agree. progress isn't as fast as i would like it but it took other managers, f.e. klopp with way more funding, almost as long. if the team finishes top 4 this season & next there is hardly anything to complain about. if.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Not surprising but not what I would have done not what I want.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Why can't we just wait till Arteta meets some objectives? This club man. At least wait to see if we finish top 4 before even discussing a new contract. Swear no other club operates like this, I thought our plan when appointed was he'd get us into CL within 3 years and have us challenging. All of a sudden we're in a situation where we can conceivably still finish maybe 7th and there's talk of a new contract.

The worst part is we don't even HAVE to do this. There are plenty of managers around. Potter is just one of several names.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom