• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This guy doesnt have the pull he believe he has. We have signed one "top player" with him as manager and that one turned out to be a fraud.
Why would any top player join Arsenal let alone Arsenal under Mikel?

That’s not even shade, that’s just being realistic. Our market is basically guys who are trying to make a name for themselves now.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

We've got to get Arteta out of here imo but unfortunately we can't do anything about it easily because it's pretty clear our stupid owners like him & will give him all the time in the world.

I can't do anything major about it because of where I am unfortunately but the best chance we've probably got is for our major home supporters to do something.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

We've got to get Arteta out of here imo but unfortunately we can't do anything about it easily because it's pretty clear our stupid owners like him & will give him all the time in the world.

I can't do anything major about it because of where I am unfortunately but the best chance we've probably got is for our major home supporters to do something.

The home supporters have been brainwashed by him.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Everyone has been brainwashed by Arteta, and Im sick of it. He has somehow convinced the board and the professionals at the club that he is actually competent, when the on field results are clear to see.

What the hell are they seeing and evaluating?

What would it take for the decision makers at the club to see through his lies @Aussie_gunner123 @ExtjExhtts ?

Football Head

Lord Conspiracy

We could have a 10/10 transfer window, but we'll have sub-zero out of 10 coaching and man management. A recipe for a perpetual cycle of failure.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Everyone has been brainwashed by Arteta, and Im sick of it. He has somehow convinced the board and the professionals at the club that he is actually competent, when the on field results are clear to see.

What the hell are they seeing and evaluating?

What would it take for the decision makers at the club to see through his lies @Aussie_gunner123 @ExtjExhtts ?
SA Gunner I think one of the major issues in this situation is whether our board actually care about the success of the club. We've been out of the CL for a few seasons now & no top name players want to join us anymore but the board don't seem to see into that.

Fair enough if it's a long term plan but it's been long enough & they've got to do something about it in the short term too, rather then 100% complete younger, inexperienced signings, a few more experienced players would help too but we seem to refuse doing anything about it.

SA Gunner

SA Gunner I think one of the major issues in this situation is whether our board actually care about the success of the club. We've been out of the CL for a few seasons now & no top name players want to join us anymore but the board don't seem to see into that.

Fair enough if it's a long term plan but it's been long enough & they've got to do something about it in the short term too, rather then 100% complete younger, inexperienced signings, a few more experienced players would help too but we seem to refuse doing anything about it.

I have a feeling they care Aussie, and I say this because I just need to look at our Arteta signings. 24m Ramsdale, 17m Tomiyasu, 50m White, 45m Partey, 35m Ødegaard, 25m Gabriel. A board with Stan Kroenke leading it is not known for spending such levels of money.

The reason some here think Arteta is incompetent is because they simultaneously think that they have access to the entire picture. They dont, and that's why making such calls are premature IMO.

I dont think its because the decision makers are brainwashed by Arteta and Edu either, its likely more they have a far bigger picture at their disposal, and can actually see the nuts and bolts of the operation and what is actually coming.

Active, big investment in the team, and improvements (admittedly minimal at this stage), are signs which suggest to me that something is brewing behind the scenes.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

SA sorry I don't know how to tag but back onto the issue, doesn't it seem a bit funny that we've let numerous players go but haven't bothered to sign anyone, our squad was already a bit thin aswell before we let our players go.

We could say we've probably tried to sign a few but I'm sure if they really wanted to they'd be able to find a way to sign at least 1 even just on loan. A lot of targets may not be keen to sign unfortunately because of our current issues.

Haphazard

I have a feeling they care Aussie, and I say this because I just need to look at our Arteta signings. 24m Ramsdale, 17m Tomiyasu, 50m White, 45m Partey, 35m Ødegaard, 25m Gabriel. A board with Stan Kroenke leading it is not known for spending such levels of money.

The reason some here think Arteta is incompetent is because they simultaneously think that they have access to the entire picture. They dont, and that's why making such calls are premature IMO.

I dont think its because the decision makers are brainwashed by Arteta and Edu either, its likely more they have a far bigger picture at their disposal, and can actually see the nuts and bolts of the operation and what is actually coming.

Active, big investment in the team, and improvements (admittedly minimal at this stage), are signs which suggest to me that something is brewing behind the scenes.
They think Arteta is incompetent is because its what we see in league finishes/cup runs and squad management.

We always hear about this mythical 'something special' as if we will just flip a switch and challenge City/Liverpool in the coming years.

The truth is the board/ownership are also incredibly incompetent with poor planning. The reason why Stan has spent is because we are entering our 6th year without CL football and the 1st year without ANY European football thanks to Arteta so its more of a desperation move. Let's not pretend any of these players were being chased by any top club.

SA Gunner

SA sorry I don't know how to tag but back onto the issue, doesn't it seem a bit funny that we've let numerous players go but haven't bothered to sign anyone, our squad was already a bit thin aswell before we let our players go.

We could say we've probably tried to sign a few but I'm sure if they really wanted to they'd be able to find a way to sign at least 1 even just on loan. A lot of targets may not be keen to sign unfortunately because of our current issues.

To tag, use the @ Aussie_gunner123 format, with no spaces inbetween of course.

Its a concern, no doubt about it. Maitland-Niles' departure was a crock of ****, now that we look at what has transpired this month. Its clear that the club planning got it wrong and we we short as a result of it. This window is also looking suspect, now that we are on the 27th with nothing coming in, in a year when top four is a real possibility.

The reason I give them the benefit of the doubt personally, is because of Tomiyasu, White, Ramsdale, Lokonga, Ødegaard and Tavares last summer. Its either they fluked the **** out of those signings, or the system in place delivered some well thought out gems. I'm in the latter camp and that's why Im not as stressed as say last season's end.

SA Gunner

They think Arteta is incompetent is because its what we see in league finishes/cup runs and squad management.

We always hear about this mythical 'something special' as if we will just flip a switch and challenge City/Liverpool in the coming years.

The truth is the board/ownership are also incredibly incompetent with poor planning. The reason why Stan has spent is because we are entering our 6th year without CL football and the 1st year without ANY European football thanks to Arteta so its more of a desperation move. Let's not pretend any of these players were being chased by any top club.

At risk of repeating myself, Ill ask again. How is it that those six signings have integrated so well? Especially no name brand players. If Arteta and Edu are so useless, who did the planning for our spending last summer?

We cant have it both ways, either Arteta and Edu are useless or they arent. I could accept the argument that they are not completely useless and not completely good, somewhere in between. And if that's the argument we make here, then it still doesnt explain how we have invested so well over the window.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

@SA Gunner yeah it was good we made those signings last window, the majority were good signings too & I'll admit that but I'm sure Arteta & Edu realise we are short yet again in squad depth especially CM & CF but they are really starting to worry me how players don't seem to be keen to join anymore as much as most use to be anytime they heard our interest. We've got to start doing something about it again sooner rather then later.

SA Gunner

@SA Gunner yeah it was good we made those signings last window, the majority were good signings too & I'll admit that but I'm sure Arteta & Edu realise we are short yet again in squad depth especially CM & CF but they are really starting to worry me how players don't seem to be keen to join anymore as much as most use to be anytime they heard our interest. We've got to start doing something about it again sooner rather then later.

No doubt it looks bleak right now. I think we needed a CM at least because Xhaka is unreliable IMO.

Four days left of the window, it would be great if we can get some players in, but that said I would not give up on our top four chase if we dont. We are playing well enough when we have momentum, to outrun West Ham, Sp**s and United IMO. We'll probably disagree on my last point :)

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

No doubt it looks bleak right now. I think we needed a CM at least because Xhaka is unreliable IMO.

Four days left of the window, it would be great if we can get some players in, but that said I would not give up on our top four chase if we dont. We are playing well enough when we have momentum, to outrun West Ham, Sp**s and United IMO. We'll probably disagree on my last point :)
There is no way I've lost complete faith in our top 4 chase yet don't worry about that but still, we still need at least 1-2 signings because what are we going to do if we get 2-3 major season injuries during the 2nd half of the year?

All well and good to be able to give our academy players a debut in that situation but we can't just rely on that inexperience the whole time worst comes to worst.

The game against Burnley too for example, we were struggling to get through their defence, I thought for at least the final 10 minutes probably as people say, time for a bit of "youth & enthusiasm" with our academy players getting a chance see what they could do but we didn't even bother giving any of them a chance.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

In saying that, I certainly don't mean our current crop of younger senior players did & don't have any enthusiasm but there comes a time where we have to call those guys our current senior players & our younger players the academy players next in line :).

Top Bottom