• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
@SA Gunner

Basically, I feel we might have missed our chance to really cement Top Four this season...not saying we can't, but worried now.

If we could have really pushed to bring in a new CM before the second leg v Pool, we could have been in a fantastic position...plus all our away games still worry me, need Arsenal to give me some hope again...a win over an inform Wolves would show me we might be over our away form issues, that we have consistently had since about 2016.

Let me start by saying, you still going to have many more ups and downs as the season progresses. That's the emotional rollercoaster of not winning a game against Burnley to narrowly losing out to City in the dying moments of the game, to disposing of West Ham like they were bottom of the barrel stuff. One week you will see talk of chasing down Chelsea, and the very next week you will see talk of finishing below 8th. Just because of two results with the very same team.

I see it differently, after the emotion of the transfer window dies down, will we have the same side that has sat around 4th for a large part of the first half of the season. Add to that the continued inconsistencies of our rivals, and ourselves mind you, it makes for a tight but still very much good chance to finish 4th this year.

My belief comes from me being convinced by the work Arteta is doing behind the scenes. I see enough to suggest we are moving in the right direction and will be competitive, January additions or not.

Last edited:

The players you listed have either been extended or kept on by Arteta, or signed just before Arteta arrived.

What do you mean by the last paragraph? Change the culture? You think the new manager will need time to change the Arteta culture? Or are you talking about a previous culture? Which I thought Arteta had changed given it’s totally a new side, and his side, he’s got now.

They are kept yes as I doubt he would have gotten rid of them all in one go. These players won't be here in 2 years' time. So it is a slow process.

I think it's just culture at the club and it takes a lot longer time to change it inside and outside of the field. It is still some time before we get rid of the goofers and players that just don't try hard enough. For managers at other clubs to see us in a different light and the referees too! Arteta has tried and the new manager will also have to try.

You’d think we were fielding a bunch of teenagers the way some harp on about this being a young team.

It’s another buzzword just like trust the process to keep the sheep in line.

Isn't our squad pretty young though? One of the youngest in the league. There are also a lot of new players coming into the squad in a short time period so the team is young.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
You’d think we were fielding a bunch of teenagers the way some harp on about this being a young team.

It’s another buzzword just like trust the process to keep the sheep in line.
Denying basic facts doesn't strengthen your argument. It's the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears trying to avoid hearing the truth that you've been refusing to accept. Your avatar looks like she's getting ready to do the same, tbh.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Isn't our squad pretty young though? One of the youngest in the league. There are also a lot of new players coming into the squad in a short time period so the team is young.
I’d only class Saka, Martinelli and ESR as young. Probably throw in Lokonga too but his more of a fringe player.

If we consider the that Young PFA award was recently changed because it’s been criticised that players older than 21 can’t really be consider young anymore can we really say our squad is?

It’s a lie perpetuated to try and make our current position look less bleak.

I’d only class Saka, Martinelli and ESR as young. Probably throw in Lokonga too but his more of a fringe player.

If we consider the that Young PFA award was recently changed because it’s been criticised that players older than 21 can’t really be consider young anymore can we really say our squad is?

It’s a lie perpetuated to try and make our current position look less bleak.

Yeah but the squad is still young and team still with many new players that have been for very short period together

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Players are in their primes from 25 to 27 years old. Arsenal's average starting XI is 24 years old. This is where the young team comes from. Only the deluded think this is some type of lie.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Players are in their primes from 25 to 27 years old. Arsenal's average starting XI is 24 years old. This is where the young team comes from. Only the deluded think this is some type of lie.
Players are in their prime much longer than 27. 22-30 are probably your prime in football, in general.

There are rare cases when a guy is great at 18 and has lost his prime by his mid 20’s.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Age and experience argument is redundant at clubs like Arsenal anyway, you either win games or you don’t. Nobody cared Wenger had young teams, they wanted CL, Cups etc, when that stopped he was gone.

Arteta better get CL by next season or the fans will turn and he’ll be gone too.

The project, culture, non negotiable thing only works for a while.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

@Trilly getting schooled on page 2933? Threadmark it, things you expect to see.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Age and experience argument is redundant at clubs like Arsenal anyway, you either win games or you don’t. Nobody cared Wenger had young teams, they wanted CL, Cups etc, when that stopped he was gone.

Arteta better get CL by next season or the fans will turn and he’ll be gone too.

The project, culture, non negotiable thing only works for a while.

People won't turn if he gets 5th, depending on the football we play.

GDeep™

League is very weak
On the age and experience thing again, it’s not like we’re developing players from scratch outside some of our own kids.

Ben White has played high level domestic football for years, as has Gabriel, Tomiyasu was one of the best defenders in Serie A, Ramsdale has been POTY for his last 3/4 clubs over the last 4 years, Saka was getting games under Emery, as was Martinelli, Ode has been on the scene since forever, played Sociedad, Norway.

It’s not like we’ve got Patino in the team. ESR is the only guy who we’re developing from scratch and even he is in and out the team.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
"To be a real football player, you need to be 23 years old because before you have learned your job, you can have a great game and after, sometimes an average game,"

When Chelsea won the league in 2005 the squad was also similar in age to ours.

To lower expectations because ‘the squad is young’ is just wrong.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom