• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Aside from Arteta taking over a team in 12th place. A title challenge with these ****ty players? I suggest some heavy drugs for this level of delusion.

No we were in 10th/11th when he took over, where did you get 12th from?

As for the rest, if the players are still sh*tty yet Arteta has been here for two summer transfer windows then doesn't he deserve some blame as well?

I could understand saying that if he'd had little to spend but he's spent quite a bit, surely we should have a better squad by now by that logic? Or are you saying that it's going to take more transfers windows (but then surely there's a limit to this, how can it take 3/4/5 transfers windows just to get results).

But imo the squad wasn't really that bad when he took over, and during his reign we've also added players and offered contracts to players that don't take us forward too.

You can't say the players are bad yet absolve Arteta of blame when he's been managing the squad along with Edu for over two years.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I can’t lie. There’s something about Arteta that makes me wanna clothesline him. Wenger was an old man who just overstayed his welcome. Emery was out here drowning and I felt a bit sorry for him. But Arteta. Arteta!!! I wanna fight him. Why is he such a d1ckh£ad? Lego-haired loser.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

They were 2 pts behind us after us starting 3 games with 0, and covid cases.
This is so dumb to post, honestly.

Yeah I mean I agree that it was only Matchday 10 when he took over, so there were still many points up for grabs making their position in the table at the time less relevant (or holding very little relevance, outside of Sp*rs being like in the bottom 5, which they weren't).

Conte went on to get 53 points in the next 27 games (from Matchday 11 till 37). That's about 1.96 points per game, if you extrapolate that over a season it works out to about 74.59 points.

So that's a better metric to judge. I'd say that's not too bad considering he's not had a full summer transfer window and he didn't even take over at the beginning of the season.

For comparison sake, Arteta took over Arsenal on Matchday 19 in the 19/20 season. In the 20 games he managed from Matchday 19 till 38, he got 33 points which equals 1.65 points per game and 62.7 points extrapolated over a season.

Different circumstances of course and you can't compare the situations the clubs were at, or fairly compare a rookie to a very experienced manager but it's just to give you an idea of how the numbers stand.

Edit: Let me add for finality; Arsenal were 11th when Arteta took over management of the team. I think he was actually appointed Head Coach by the time we had the Everton away game (we were 10th before that game), but he was in the stands so wasn't officially managing the team until the Bournemouth game (we were 11th before that game).

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Why so many pages? I don't get it. He won't be sacked just because you write more posts about it... It's the same every time, page after page.

For owners, Arteta has met the targets this season I think. Lowering the wage bill and getting into Europe. Shame with top4, but it seems the manager and owners are on the same page here.
So we close the forum because nothing we talk here is gonna change the reality of the club? Or just leave it open to suck mentally Arteta's peepee and talk how we enjoy it?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Starting 3 games with 0 is now an excuse? Was someone other than Arteta managing those games?

If you start the league from week 4 we don’t better than them. If you exclude certain results and focus on the end. Arteta has done really well

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

No I looked it up Arsenal was in 8th position when emery was sacked, lol but sexuals trying to tell us that the second emery season was the peak of our decline as a club

Yes when Emery was sacked NOT when Arteta took over, OMFGGGGGGGG. Jesus.

Edit: It looks like you deleted your comment but let me add this for all the bozos that keep forgetting. Emery was sacked and then Ljungberg was interim manager before Arteta took over.

Last edited:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Aside from Arteta taking over a team in 12th place. A title challenge with these ****ty players? I suggest some heavy drugs for this level of delusion.

Not even going to respond to this drivel as @dka1 has already dismantled it.

Also, the attempt to throw snide comments because another person doesn't agree with your way of thinking is something I'd unfortunately expect from someone with such a lack of basic comprehensive skills, so I'm going to let you crack on 👍

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

We had a youth project and 100 injuries every season under Wenger after 2006 but that was never accepted as an excuse for the fact that we didnt won PL or CL. The fans simply refused to accept that top 4 was enough at the time despite young players and injury problems. Now we are hearing from the same fans that 5th place is perfectly fine since this is a youth project and we have some injuries. I find this repulsive.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Starting 3 games with 0 is now an excuse? Was someone other than Arteta managing those games?
I'm not using it as an excuse. Just giving an example on how these kind of arguments are just not accurate. Like the image saying "9th" but they were only 2 pts behind, not 5 positions in table.

Yeah I mean I agree that it was only Matchday 10 when he took over, so there were still many points up for grabs making their position in the table at the time less relevant (or holding very little relevance, outside of Sp*rs being like in the bottom 5, which they weren't).

Conte went on to get 53 points in the next 27 games (from Matchday 11 till 37). That's about 1.96 points per game, if you extrapolate that over a season it works out to about 74.59 points.

So that's a better metric to judge. I'd say that's not too bad considering he's not had a full summer transfer window and he didn't even take over at the beginning of the season.

For comparison sake, Arteta took over Arsenal on Matchday 19 in the 19/20 season. In the 20 games he managed from Matchday 19 till 38, he got 33 points which equals 1.65 points per game and 62.7 points extrapolated over a season.

Different circumstances of course and you can't compare the situations the clubs were at, or fairly compare a rookie to a very experienced manager but it's just to give you an idea of how the numbers stand.

Edit: Let me add for finality; Arsenal were 11th when Arteta took over management of the team. I think he was actually appointed Head Coach by the time we had the Everton away game (we were 10th before that game), but he was in the stands so wasn't officially managing the team until the Bournemouth game (we were 11th before that game).
This is spot on. Can't get better than this.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I think the way the poll is worded along with the response is interesting. Feel like it's carefully selected to best tap into people's anger, not that the result is worthless. I would, however, be interested to see the result of 'Does 5th place constitute a failure to you?' and if it's much different.

Imho we could do with curbing our anger and hate a little bit, if Arsenal causes us this much pain I question its value in our lives. I'm still looking forward to next season even though it's a difficult road ahead for this club, with or without top four.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
just leave it open to suck mentally Arteta's peepee and talk how we enjoy it?
tenor.gif

Do what?

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

A_M Iniesta

Pragmatically successful based off being in a better position.
However with less shine than it should have .Arsenal still lacking killer instinct , top 4 in our hands and we wasted it

not looking forward to Europa only if we get to the final

serious investment needed, for all his faults i trust Edu to get us quality this summer.
don't hesitate to sell anyone

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
It is one thing to fail, it is another thing to blow it due to rank amateurish managerial. A team that spent 285 million pounds and threw away numerous talents because he fell out with them, then watch the team was unable to field premier league quality players to finish a line competition. We choked badly, comically, and we did it Sp**s due to the manager solely. It is like losing Wimbledon by double faulting 4 straight points, it’s not just a that we got 5th; the way we got 5th should end him. He blew it in such a bad way to the worst possible team

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
The work that Mikel Arteta has done and is doing to unite the fan base and bring the fans closer to the club is exceptional. It's exactly what we needed as a club. More valuable for us in the long term than short term results on the pitch. The start date of the project was last summer, that's when the reset button was pushed. Next season is going to be a massive challenge, a lot rides on him and Edu to get things right this summer and do what needs to be done.
Also, Xhaka should be made captain and given a new big contract. There can be no better leader.

Olivier_Giroud

I can’t lie. There’s something about Arteta that makes me wanna clothesline him. Wenger was an old man who just overstayed his welcome. Emery was out here drowning and I felt a bit sorry for him. But Arteta. Arteta!!! I wanna fight him. Why is he such a d1ckh£ad? Lego-haired loser.

He has the most punchable face in the Premier League bar none plus the added fact that he has a very vile manipulative character like most fraudsters, so he is an easily dislikable individual. There is something really wrong with this creature, as to what his former teammates says that he usually keeps to himself and only talks about football. You rarely see him hanging out and playing with the boys when he was a player. Most likely, his definition of playing with the boys is literally playing with U-14 boys that would create a scandal within the club.

Although he is mentally challenged, this keeping to himself and being mysterious emits an aura of being a Genius which the Kronkes and Artetasexuals easily fall for and because of that I fear that our Club will be in deep trouble for the foreseeable future.

Top Bottom