• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Kav

Established Member
Love Paddy, but dont think he's ready yet.

Graham Potter is the one for me.
So you don’t think Vieira is ready but you have been twerking for a man who had Zero management experience before he was appointed and a poor record over the last 3 years here to remain in charge of Arsenal.

wtf-what.gif

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Was randomly on Twitter and saw this
Look at the football we were capable of playing with Walcott and a finished Wilshere. Opposition is a bit crap but still, I don’t know how many more signings the guy needs before people realise you can play good attacking football without a first eleven who are all technically excellent.
Beautiful stuff. Made my eyes water ngl.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Exactly whenever the going gets tough he stops being genuine.

There’s a clear difference in how he holds himself accountable when we have one bad result after a few good ones vs when he’s had quite a few bad ones. He starts to move the goalposts and blame everything but himself.

We’ve now had Vieira, Conte and Tuchel come in and turn their teams around in a short time while Mikel continues to ask for time and money. How many more examples do we need? Ten Haag next?

Last edited:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Saliba trending on Twitter now he‘s been called up with Guendouzi to the national squad.
My favourite.

It’s ironic that Mikel tries to talk about the economic side of things when we undersold Douzi by about 15M and then signed Lokonga (who might be a worse player) for 20M. That’s 35M gone due to pure ego.

It’s looking like Saliba doesn’t want to come here. We might not even make a profit on him while signing Ben White for 50M.

That’s a total swing of maybe 85M because we have someone who doesn’t know how to manage personalities.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It’s ironic that Mikel tries to talk about the economic side of things when we undersold Douzi by about 15M and then signed Lokonga (who might be a worse player) for 20M. That’s 35M gone due to pure ego.

It’s looking like Saliba doesn’t want to come here. We might not even make a profit on him while signing Ben White for 50M.

That’s a total swing of maybe 85M because we have someone who doesn’t know how to manage personalities.
Hard to see how hard nosed business man Stan is going along with throwing cash down the drain.

Wizard Mikel, has him in a spell.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Holy ****! Haven't looked at this thread for a couple of days and 50+ extra pages full of Arteta out rantings... ManU fans posting **** and getting love... Don't get why so many posters here are such ridiculous incels.
What’s wrong with Arteta Out rantings? I don’t want him sacked but surely you can question a lot of what he’s done and this season is a massive red flag.

You might enjoy losing 14 league games and finishing below one of the poorest Sp**s side we’ve seen in a long time, many have just had enough.

His squad management has been shocking.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Arteta is definitely in the early stages of his career. I’d say he is at Arsenal 10 years too early.
So why do you think he’s the right man for the job, surely the two statements are mutually exclusive?

Ten years is a long time to wait, ten years could see us become firmly midtable like Everton or something.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Wenger was an old man who just overstayed his welcome.
That’s a ****ing insult the greatest manager Arsenal has ever had. Who was 2nd in the league when the fans dumped all over him. He never out stayed the welcome of fans who understand football and loved a character, a wit, an attacking genius and a man who combined family values and the art of beautiful football.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

What’s wrong with Arteta Out rantings? I don’t want him sacked but surely you can question a lot of what he’s done and this season is a massive red flag.

You might enjoy losing 14 league games and finishing below one of the poorest Sp**s side we’ve seen in a long time, many have just had enough.

His squad management has been shocking.
Think there is plenty of reasons to doubt Arteta, but the rantings here are way over the top! Overall this has been a season in the right direction. With a deeper squad and less biased referees we would have been clear 4th now.

No, I do not enjoy losing 14 games.

No, I do not think Sp**s is such a bad squad. Their front 3 is really good and fit sitting back and playing on the counter.

Yes, the squad management hasn't been great. Shocking isn't the term I would use.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Some of you are living in the clouds with your mega positivity, it’s the same rubbish from you guys season in, season out. Same thing in the transfer windows too. When the season flops you still continue to attack guys who had questions and doubts.

Why are we losing 14 league games a season? Finishing below Sp**s? When Sp**s have been poor and had their own issues with multiple managers, Kane wanting to leave, Son injured etc.

Arteta is stinking out the place.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I voted no but to be honest I'm not that fussed with the league position. At the start of the season I voted 'improvement in performance regardless of league position' and I have never waivered from that.

I would have been happy to finish 6th/7th this season if we had played some great football at times but ultimately were a bit inconsistent and naive.

But even if we somehow got a miracle and finished 4th tomorrow I would still view this season as a failure because the football we play is absolute garbage for the most part. We have played well in maybe half a dozen games all season and have looked terrible in most of the rest even when we have won, robotic in attack, can't control games, slow and ponderous.

I am a believer that if you get the football right then the results will come once you get better players. I know everyone is probably sick of hearing about Klopp but he got Liverpool playing his way quickly and you could see that once he upgraded the players they would incrementally get better and better. Brighton are another example, play great football, organised, can pass, press, create chances but they are just held back by their squad quality. I think if you put 3-4 top class players in that team they could easily challenge for Europe. Sp**s are another one, Conte has imprinted his way of playing already and they will get better as he gets in players more suited to his system.

I don't see any system or way of playing with Mikel which is woeful after nearly 3 years. I can't say like with Brighton 'if only they had a striker to put all these chances away' or with Sp**s 'they will be really dangerous with better quality wingbacks' I'm sure we will look better with better players but I don't see where the large improvement is coming from. We could get better strikers than Lacazette and Nketiah but I would bet that we still look robotic in attack. We could get midfielders than Xhaka and Elneny but I bet we still don't create many big chances, that is down to Mikel and his coaching team and it isn't good enough.
This post should have a lot more reactions because it’s perfect. Especially the bits in bold. One of Mikel’s biggest achievements is convincing fans to overstate the impact of good players.

This isn’t an amazing attacking team that just needs a solid DM or CB, we’re also not a super solid defensive team that just needs better attackers or a team that controls the game but just needs a clinical finisher.

We’re just fundamentally average and that comes from the manager.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The squad is only a little weak because Arteta gave away Guendouzi and Auba, didn’t use the best young CB in Europe in Saliba and decided to sign White etc. He could’ve used the money better.

We’ll be here all day having these circular debates, but it’s clear to see what has happened when you put away your ultra positive glasses.

I actually think it’s embarrassing and an insult for some to have such low standards for this club. Top 4 was there, let’s not make excuses. We lost 14 league games and are finishing below a poor Sp**s now.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Hard to see how hard nosed business man Stan is going along with throwing cash down the drain.

Wizard Mikel, has him in a spell.
He's not a hard nosed business man he's just a rich piece of **** who lucked out by marrying into one of the richest families in the world. Even his supposed real estate acumen has been described as mostly buying and developing areas near his wife's Walmarts.

To be fair it literally doesn't matter what he does his obscene wealth just keeps growing regardless of who manages Arsenal. He bought the club when we were a lot more competitive than we are now yet the value of his shares has more than tripled until today. Of course it'd be worth even more if he hired capable people for key positions but then again as was mentioned he's really not that smart.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arteta will not come back from this, young managers rarely do. He’ll have a couple of more 5th and 6th place finishes, and he’ll be let go eventually.

We’re the new Ole and Utd you can say, we’re just dragging this relationship out.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He's not a hard nosed business man he's just a rich piece of **** who lucked out by marrying into one of the richest families in the world. Even his supposed real estate acumen has been described as mostly buying and developing areas near his wife's Walmarts.

To be fair it literally doesn't matter what he does his obscene wealth just keeps growing regardless of who manages Arsenal. He bought the club when we were a lot more competitive than we are now yet the value of his shares has more than tripled until today. Of course it'd be worth even more if he hired capable people for key positions but then again as was mentioned he's really not that smart.
Marrying rich has always been good business acumen, hasn't it?

PS. With you 100% on him being a rich piece of ****! Well, at least they have started pushing some more money into the club to protect the investment.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom