• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yes, he has had a great first season although he has had a dip in form lately. You think otherwise?
Not sure bro. He seems a helluva shot stopper, but his fist pumping, flapping and general OTT emotional stuff seems suspect to me.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
🙂 You really are into nuances today, aren't you?
You're not in any position to complain are you. People come here to vent because they see the club they love underachieve and become a laughing stock, despite the club being in the best position financially it's been in living memory and despite us having the most talented batch of youths coming through at the same time, and you call them "incels" because "shocking" isn't the term you'd use to describe the management.

I see you posting that White has "worked out right away" and no one's calling you names for it either despite it being one of the most ridiculous opinions in 3000+ pages.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I see you posting that White has "worked out right away" and no one's calling you names for it either despite it being one of the most ridiculous opinions in 3000+ pages.
You don't think White has been good this season? I think he has been very solid. He his no VVD, but when we had our starting back 5 together with Partey in front we were very solid at the back.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Not sure bro. He seems a helluva shot stopper, but his fist pumping, flapping and general OTT emotional stuff seems suspect to me.
Guess we have to disagree. I like his attitude and his more outgoing personality. Plus the way he dealt with the online abuse he got when coming here speaks to his mental strength. For me he isn't a problem.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
You don't think White has been good this season? I think he has been very solid. He his no VVD, but when we had our starting back 5 together with Partey in front we were very solid at the back.
Isn't that more because of Partey's presence and experience than White's credit?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I said it the other day, if he were a 8m defender from Belgium I would agree that he's been a decent buy. For 55m (if you wanted you could add whatever opportunity cost arises from losing Saliba) he's been disastrous. Took a good while to get up and running and has too many mistakes in him.

Surprisingly it's not even the defensive part of his game but his ball playing that's been a massive disappointment, bloke's supposed to be some sort of Beckenbauer but plays like a mix of Holding and Gibbs half the time, 99% of our ball progression from CB comes through Gabriel and he cost less than half while being better in every aspect.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Obviously the full responsibility lies with Kroenke and the board but I really believe Arteta has done an incredible job of clawing into the club the way he did. He gets more money than anyone else to spend, no expectations on finishing anywhere while on 100% job security, can pay Barcelona to take Auba a year after giving him 350kpw and the captaincy while we have no real striker.

Edu who's his boss technically comes across like he's his PA, he has the whole media in a chokehold, when **** hits the fan he hires a PR company, even Lacazette came out saying the whole club is all about Arteta. If he were 10% the coach that he's the politician we'd be walking the league.

MauveGunner

Not necessarily...
White has had a decent season and the English Tax brings up high expectations. I'm not someone who is going to point fingers at the players themselves. He was decent, and can become a very good player for us.

But your take: "when we have all 5 fit we're very solid" is the big issue most of us have here. It's a problem we have created ourselves.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Why curb our anger when really the only thing that probably will get us a real top manager anytime soon is a total fan revolt. I ain't buying a shirt till he is gone, I don't live in uk so match boycott is not in my cards.
I think there are a number of reasons-- hate and anger don't have to be involved when you make the reasoned decision that you don't want to support the regime by not purchasing merchandise; only extreme levels of visible, local-to-the-club hate are going to have a big influence on the decision-makers at Arsenal; it's bad for your health; it makes reasoned discussion very difficult (kills critical faculties in general); it spills over on to the people you engage with. It's just not that useful.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I wonder what the goals will be next season. We've already seen within the space of a week Arteta shift the goalposts from "top 4 being the goal" to "we've done more than people expected".

Rather than wondering what the consequences will be if he doesn't achieve them, I'm more thinking how they'll shift the goalposts when we inevitably don't.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I wonder what the goals will be next season. We've already seen within the space of a week Arteta shift the goalposts from "top 4 being the goal" to "we've done more than people expected".

Rather than wondering what the consequences will be if he doesn't achieve them, I'm more thinking how they'll shift the goalposts when we inevitably don't.
Goals will be the goal for next season, scoring 20 or so of them across a season. If you think about it it is really hard to score goals because the goalie can use his hands and has gloves, but also we must not forget our team is still very young and really some in the squad didn't pull their weight

imagine this read in a nasal voice with some bits about passionate fan culture and you have our 22/23 end of season review

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I said it the other day, if he were a 8m defender from Belgium I would agree that he's been a decent buy. For 55m (if you wanted you could add whatever opportunity cost arises from losing Saliba) he's been disastrous. Took a good while to get up and running and has too many mistakes in him.

Surprisingly it's not even the defensive part of his game but his ball playing that's been a massive disappointment, bloke's supposed to be some sort of Beckenbauer but plays like a mix of Holding and Gibbs half the time, 99% of our ball progression from CB comes through Gabriel and he cost less than half while being better in every aspect.
I don't think he is half as bad as you make him out to be. 50m was a steep price for sure though.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

But your take: "when we have all 5 fit we're very solid" is the big issue most of us have here. It's a problem we have created ourselves.
That problem has been a problem that has been with us for quite some time. Getting rid of all the overpaid non-performing players that didn't fit what Arteta wanted to do has taken quite some time. Now he has a clean slate and it is all on him now. If he is as **** as most say here we should expect us to crash and burn next season. Anything close to top 4 should be just a dream with all the other clubs with either better managers and better squads, or both.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
So why do you think he’s the right man for the job, surely the two statements are mutually exclusive?

Ten years is a long time to wait, ten years could see us become firmly midtable like Everton or something.

I think because the club have committed to developing him and we are far down the road now.

I know there was big talk when he came in back in 2019, but I think the club knew that would be a chance of having to take extra time to develop him into a manager. They are basically working on extracting that now.

I’d say unless there is a ready made better option to take over, with what’s already been built (Potter perhaps), we won’t see any uprooting and restarting happening. We are not City, Chelsea or United who can just chop and change because of near unlimited resources.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I think there are a number of reasons-- hate and anger don't have to be involved when you make the reasoned decision that you don't want to support the regime by not purchasing merchandise; only extreme levels of visible, local-to-the-club hate are going to have a big influence on the decision-makers at Arsenal; it's bad for your health; it makes reasoned discussion very difficult (kills critical faculties in general); it spills over on to the people you engage with. It's just not that useful.
Unfortunately staying calm isn't all that easy for everyone. I had a bit of an anger meltdown a week or so ago when I felt posters enjoyed a Sp**s win if I recall correctly. But you are of course right. Getting all bent out of shape really doesn't help.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
So you don’t think Vieira is ready but you have been twerking for a man who had Zero management experience before he was appointed and a poor record over the last 3 years here to remain in charge of Arsenal.

wtf-what.gif

Yeah it’s strange right :lol:

If it’s any consolation, I was quite against Arteta joining us, and got onboard when it became inevitable. Even post his appointment I still hated how slow and stop start he was and wanted him out.

Honestly I’m not keen on swapping a rookie for another relative rookie. If Arteta goes then we should stop experimenting and get in proven quality at the highest level.

MauveGunner

That problem has been a problem that has been with us for quite some time. Getting rid of all the overpaid non-performing players that didn't fit what Arteta wanted to do has taken quite some time. Now he has a clean slate and it is all on him now. If he is as **** as most say here we should expect us to crash and burn next season. Anything close to top 4 should be just a dream with all the other clubs with either better managers and better squads, or both.
Looking at who's loaned out it seems like we could have used the likes of AMN, Douzi and Saliba. Even selling Auba came and bite us in the ass. No use about crying in squad depth.

There is no clean slate, we still have some dead wood to sell. Who we need to get rid of, replace AND to add on. There is a reason why most don't really see how we can mingle with Europe in the mix looking at how inconsistent we are.

Really hope we do because I want the best for the club. But I don't see Arteta turning it around.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Was randomly on Twitter and saw this
Look at the football we were capable of playing with Walcott and a finished Wilshere. Opposition is a bit crap but still, I don’t know how many more signings the guy needs before people realise you can play good attacking football without a first eleven who are all technically excellent.

But A-M told me Wenga couldn't coach an attack, all he did was tell them to go and "express themselves" lmao

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom