• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So TLDR; We will persist with this until our success or failure is undeniable.
So how will that be measured? Keep on spending like we have and we’ll never be awful. Teams rarely stray too far from their investment position, unless the team really down tools because you’ve p!ssed them off big time, like Mourinho at Chelsea.

It takes a special manager to get top 4 on a shoe string like Arsène, or beat City to the title spending 3rd like Klopp. I worry that we’ll be meh for the foreseeable future.

TornadoTed

Established Member
This post should have a lot more reactions because it’s perfect. Especially the bits in bold. One of Mikel’s biggest achievements is convincing fans to overstate the impact of good players.

This isn’t an amazing attacking team that just needs a solid DM or CB, we’re also not a super solid defensive team that just needs better attackers or a team that controls the game but just needs a clinical finisher.

We’re just fundamentally average and that comes from the manager.
I remember the 2006-2014 teams Wenger built. I was excited (often to be let down) because we played some great stuff but missed that Vieira in midfield, Adams in central defence or RVP in attack etc. It was frustrating when Chelsea and Man Utd signed higher quality and we were always a couple of players short but ultimately still enjoyable as we played some beautiful stuff and dominated teams regularly.

Now I feel we could sign 4-5 great players and still look stiff, robotic and timid under Mikel. The Leeds game a couple of weeks back summed it up for me, 2-0 up against 10 men and instead of loosening up and getting 5 or 6 we stutter to a 2-1 win.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I have to be honest, finishing 5th (barring a miracle from Norwich) isn't a terrible position to end up in.

And I think I've been fairly positive not negative about Arteta since our run after the City game (where I personally saw progress in our style of play in terms of our control as I keep saying).

That said, our collapse has been bitterly disappointing, I didn't realise just how disappointed I'd be but I'm almost Arteta Out again to the point that the "Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes", is something I felt lol.

200.gif

Erm I think I'd be more forgiving of Arteta if he didn't have the issues he's had with numerous players and if I was confident that he could get us to attack well consistently (controlling games is good, if we don't score more we aren't going to get anywhere).

Plus our inability to handle the pressure, especially in the Newcastle game, not very encouraging imo.

We'll have to see what happens next season because he's staying, but if we end up spending another £100M+ then he must to show more, I don't think there can be many excuses.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Look Trax, I think they are trying to force the whole culture reset thing, growing olive trees for philosophical meetings, going room to room with the same speech and energy, and other things Guillem BallaGOAT waxed lyrical about. We'll probably see more of that in the All or Nothing doccie.

Power to them, whatever they need to do to take the project to a success, I'm all for that, as we are here now anyway, and unless things really go to the dogs, they'll be here to stay for the foreseeable future. And I dont think we want things to go to the dogs, because after the Arteat OUT brigade have completed their lap of honour, will we be altogether, supporting a failed club.

I look favourably at the process, not just because I could be delusional, but also I have faith in people to get it right if they work hard enough, especially with so much at stake for us as a club, and them with their reputations, especially around these times. And more importantly realising that they ****ed up with Wenger and Emery and we cant do that again if we want to remain a serious club.

So TLDR; We will persist with this until our success or failure is undeniable.

Surely there must be a simpler way to say never? :lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
So how will that be measured? Keep on spending like we have and we’ll never be awful. Teams rarely stray too far from their investment position, unless the team really down tools because you’ve p!ssed them off big time, like Mourinho at Chelsea.

It takes a special manager to get top 4 on a shoe string like Arsène, or beat City to the title spending 3rd like Klopp. I worry that we’ll be meh for the foreseeable future.

Where the club decide to draw the line is anyone's guess really. I mean the club went on a 150m spending spree after we lost the semi final of the Europa League and finished 8th. Common sense at that time suggested we cut the cord right there and bring in experience to manage the rebuilding process.

So I dont know man, I just look to the finer details (which impress me to be honest, and which we've discussed before) and hope that we are on track. Either that or I take a break from the club.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Surely there must be a simpler way to say never? :lol:

I really do believe this guy will make it as a top manager (cue the red card and thumbs down brigade). The real question for me is when it happens and who benefits from it.

I'd be mighty pissed if he delivers a top standard at Barca/City/PSG in 5-7 years time, having learnt all the good stuff trial and error, thanks to good ol Arsenal FC.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

I really do believe this guy will make it as a top manager (cue the red card and thumbs down brigade). The real question for me is when it happens and who benefits from it.

I'd be mighty pissed if he kills it at Barca/City in 5-7 years time, having learnt all the good stuff trial and error at Arsenal FC.

You know that's not my style.

I'll simply chuckle to myself awaiting the next infuriating post exalting Tets.

It's a vicious cycle, bit one that I've committed myself to the bitter end 🤣

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Arteta and Edu haven’t been good enough so far, but they’re learning on the job, might as well stick with it because KSE have committed to it now and aren’t going to change. Let’s relax and see where it goes, they might surprise us, who knows.

No frills, no bull sh!t. I can live with that.
Nah, you're not going to live with that. I'm getting attacked specifically because I've been saying this the entire time.

Most of you are not going to like this but Kroenkes are doing a US sports style rebuild and from the US standpoint of sports they think it's going remarkably well. And, why wouldn't they? We've won 21 games and are sitting in 5th place in the whole league. A US sports version of a rebuild rarely goes that well. Most teams actively tank (purposely lose games) their seasons to get the best chance at good young players coming into the league.

I'm a fan of the Raiders in the NFL. I can count on two hands the number of good seasons they've had since I've been alive. They claimed to do a rebuild at least a dozen times if not more. In a 16 game season, our rebuilds would see us win anywhere from 2 to 5 games. Double that to 32 games to get close to PL and that's 4 to 10 wins. You see where I'm going with this?

The Kroenkes have allowed the Rams to throw money and draft picks around like candy much like you lot are up in arms over Edu and Arteta reshaping and removing players even at losses of money. The Kroenkes are actually used to this (to a point) and will allow them some leash as long as the results are relatively good.

I don't know how much time the Kroenkes will accept as giving Edu/Arteta but the signs are telling me at least two more seasons from how the Kroenkes run their US teams. That's how I have somehow became an Inner because I know they aren't going anywhere for a while so it's no use moaning day after day.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

December 2020?

I'm still shocked that he was abls to survive that horrendous run of games.

But then I remenber those fixtures didn't count as, according to Tets mobile echo chamber, they were part of an extended pre-season. The real one only started in January 2021.

Whatever they're smoking is the stuff John Henry should try to get his hands on because it's the real deal :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom