• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How many trophies for that?

None; but we all know judging a club on FA cups is too simplistic. Between 2005-2014, Sp**s won more trophies than us, but who was considered the bigger club relative to that time period? Brushing them aside as a banter club that are "always in our shadow" is a comforting lie gooners tell themselves.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
None; but we all know judging a club on FA cups is too simplistic. Between 2005-2014, Sp**s won more trophies than us, but who was considered the bigger club relative to that time period? Brushing them aside as a banter club that are "always in our shadow" is a comforting lie gooners tell themselves.

You could have that debate sure, and I think there is a case that can be made for Sp**s being better than us in recent seasons.

Fabregasm

You could have that debate sure, and I think there is a case that can be made for Sp**s being better than us in recent seasons.
It depends on what people value on the FA Cup trophy.

Since 2016/17, we won 2 Fa Cup trophy but 0 CL qualification Vs Sp**s no trophy but qualify CL 4 times and one CL final...

I would trade FA Cup for qualifying for CL consistenly, would you? In that sense on my point of view, Sp**s are ahead of us for sure.

We are too big of a club to be contented with only winning Fa cup and not qualifying for CL. FA Cup should only matter to us when we are chasing for the double. It's a compliment to add to League title. I find it overwhelming to finish outside top 4 and having FA Cup as "consolation" for our season and then telling ppl we are better than Sp**s because we won some trophy.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal fans are only divided online. The trolls on AM and the bots on twitter. The bots on twitter are at least amusing. Everywhere else is mostly positive about the direction.

When you have your inevitable nervous breakdown over our performance next season, I'll be here to comfort and remind you that it's only football.

love-comfort.gif

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz

The team is building yet after 280 million pounds Pub League Mik doesn’t have enough players to finish a lone competition while his rivals are playing in 3 competitions. If you are positive after this dung sandwich Arteta and Edu made us take a bite of then I suggest joining Scientology or becoming Republican or something; you have already shown a capacity for fact free death cultist thinking and why not meet some likeminded people to tell you climate change and Covid are hoax and man was really put on earth as reincarnations of a 40 billion year old Alien God King Xenu and his followers. Only a death cultist could think we have made progress under Pub league Mik.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Lol. Guesses the bloke from 4000 miles away who doesn’t go to any games.
Pretty easy to see there are no Arteta Out banners nor planes flying over the stadium during our matches. But, the angry man on the internet is trying to claim the sentiment leans towards Arteta Out? Lmao.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You say we are "too big a club" to be happy with just an FA Cup...which is true, in terms of overall history.

But we are coming up on 2 decades without a league soon, while only having 1 proper title challenge since we moved stadiums....our new generation of fans have not seen us win the league (and considering who owns us v who owns other clubs in this league, it will be quite a miracle for us to win the league again)

Being in the Champions League is great, I want to be back in there too...but unless you have the right board, it won't lead to anything more...Arsène kept us in the Top 4 after the stadium switch for a decade, but the board never wanted to push further, so it didn't result in us wining a league...would take a FA Cup or a Europa League over just being in the Champions League for the sake of it (which is what it will be under the Kroenkes sadly) as nothing beats seeing your team lift a trophy.

You just have to separate Arsenal from before, with Arsenal under Stan...it's two very different clubs, in terms of ambition.

If you are only gonna be happy when Arsenal are back to our 1997-2005 period, then you are probably gonna die a very angry supporter...unless we strike lightning in a bottle, but with City and now Newcastle around, that will be very unlikely.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah, was it the League Cup they won and we got to a Champions League final and finished above them every year investing the sum total of £4m on players, whilst they spent £130m according to Transfermarkt figures. 😂

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Massive pressure on Mikel for next season, the rebuild has been going on long enough, he has to deliver.
This. We acted correctly as a club, we believed in him and his ideas, and now is time for results. We have to be ruthless if it does not work, 3 years and the amount of investment we saw are more than enough reasons to have a good ride next season. And by good ride, I mean getting a trophy and CL football, like in the old days.

I believe that for once the club has made a good thing by sticking with someone that had a project and tried to revamp our brand. The foundations are there, so now we need to act like a big club.

Hopefully, the club already has a plan B so if necessary and action needs to be taken during the middle of the season we are allowed to have a smooth transition to a different coach. We have a very young core, it is a very high-risk high reward path that the board has chosen, so having the club healthy within the insides should be our main focus.

It is the first time in years that if you look at our starting eleven (bar striker) it is hard to tell where we can easily improve. The team as a whole looks solid and reliable, together and ready for a fight. Yes, people don't like Xhaka so you can argue a midfielder can be bought but he had a fantastic season and I don't mind him starting the week in and out next to Thomas.

He has built a team. It is time to deliver.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Pretty easy to see there are no Arteta Out banners nor planes flying over the stadium during our matches. But, the angry man on the internet is trying to claim the sentiment leans towards Arteta Out? Lmao.
Lots of mocking but haven’t see anybody angry. You Outers needed a straight jacket to stop your foaming after we finished 2nd. :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom