• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
I think he is going to find it harder next season, this season was the one to get into the top 4 and he failed with his ineptness, it will be interesting to see how he copes with Europe I still don't think he is the one to take us forward. He has had 3 seasons if the 4th one fails I hope he will be gone. We need a proper manager to take the club forward. We have some good players but a manager who doesn't know how to get the best out of them.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You hear some man saying Wenger left Arsenal in a huge mess in the shape of Xhaka, Elneny and Mustafi.

Arteta has extended the contract of Xhaka and Elneny and tried to extend Mustafi's contract but man declined.
Laca would probably have gotten an extension as well if he ended the season on a decent note.

So why do you guys keep blaming Wenger when the current manager have made this guys an important part of his squad and this despite spending almost more than any other manager.

scytheavatar

Established Member
You hear some man saying Wenger left Arsenal in a huge mess in the shape of Xhaka, Elneny and Mustafi.

Arteta has extended the contract of Xhaka and Elneny and tried to extend Mustafi's contract but man declined.
Laca would probably have gotten an extension as well if he ended the season on a decent note.

So why do you guys keep blaming Wenger when the current manager have made this guys an important part of his squad and this despite spending almost more than any other manager.

The biggest mess Wenger left us was Özil, the 3 players you mentioned are small fries and insignificant compared to the big fish. Elneny had his best ever season ever during Wenger's last season and Mustafi plus Xhaka are still good enough that they would have been decent squad players. Wenger knew that modern football was kicking out players like Özil yet still wanted us to play him cause he's Özil. Which is pure insanity and impossible to justify. It's an utter shame that Arteta ended up having to clean up the crap stain that Wenger and Emery refused to clean.

• Red card
Reactions: Kav
D

Deleted member 102404

I think he is going to find it harder next season, this season was the one to get into the top 4 and he failed with his ineptness, it will be interesting to see how he copes with Europe I still don't think he is the one to take us forward. He has had 3 seasons if the 4th one fails I hope he will be gone. We need a proper manager to take the club forward. We have some good players but a manager who doesn't know how to get the best out of them.

Depends a lot on the summer business I feel.
No doubt we need not just a deeper squad but a striker and midfield upgrade to the first team. Get that and I think with an extra years experience under the belt for the younger players, we'll do better than this season.
What is encouraging to me is that we've reached pretty high peaks this year at times so the potential is there. It's more about consistency now.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
The biggest mess Wenger left us was Özil, the 3 players you mentioned are small fries and insignificant compared to the big fish. Elneny had his best ever season ever during Wenger's last season and Mustafi plus Xhaka are still good enough that they would have been decent squad players. Wenger knew that modern football was kicking out players like Özil yet still wanted us to play him cause he's Özil. Which is pure insanity and impossible to justify. It's an utter shame that Arteta ended up having to clean up the crap stain that Wenger and Emery refused to clean.
Özil has been gone for almost 2 seasons. Lol. Arteta fans are deluded.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Erm was Özil's extension on Wenger? We signed him on during the 17/18 season if memory serves correct, by that time Gazidis had already wrestled power away from Wenger (let's not forget Gaz and Sven gallivanting Germany to sign Auba).

I'm quite sure that one and the fat ass wage was on Gazidis.

You've really misrepresented history in your post as Macho already pointed out. You sure you're not from an alternative universe?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The team has been shaped by Mikel and Edu now, tbh.

Even with the players that were still here under Arsène and Emery, we had the chance to move on from them and decided to keep some of them.

Everything that happens next season, is completely on Mr Arteta and Mr Gaspar...good or bad.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

No more room to hide & no goalposts to move.

He is, quite comfortably, the worst manager in the top 6. Were it not for a completely novice board (which is lacking knowledge of football & rife with incompetence) he would've been shifted long ago.

I firmly believe he will not be here when the season resumes after the world cup. That alone should count as a trophy!

Haphazard

He is, quite comfortably, the worst manager in the top 6. Were it not for a completely novice board (which is lacking knowledge of football & rife with incompetence) he would've been shifted long ago.

I firmly believe he will not be here when the season resumes after the world cup. That alone should count as a trophy!
The problem is we have the 3 stooges of incompetence in Vinai/Edu and Arteta and they all seem to be protecting each other jobs by showing the board a united front.

Any board with footballing knowledge or ambition gets these 3 shifted long ago.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

The problem is we have the 3 stooges of incompetence in Vinai/Edu and Arteta and they all seem to be protecting each other jobs by showing the board a united front.

Any board with footballing knowledge or ambition gets these 3 shifted long ago.

Therein lies our fundamental problem. Our board has none.

Factor in the incompetence of the 3 stooges & we're left in a situation where we're purely relying on luck to see what materializes.

By the way, @Heskey we need a 3 stooges poster now. Vinai as Curly casts itself :lol:

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice

We live in hope.:thumbsup:

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think there really has to be a discussion about Auba. First we didn’t create enough chances for him, then we sold him mid season when we were in a CL race. Think we would’ve scored a few more had he stayed, that’s could’ve been the difference between 5th and 4th.

Even if you argue he was a trouble maker, which is VERY dubious to me, you have to question why we didn’t get rid in the summer or waited a few months more.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Are you high? Emery was desperate to get rid but he got little support and couldn't in the end.

The way history is rewritten on here to prop up Mikel is dangerous.
Amen. If Arteta had the same level of power as Emery, he would be gone by now also. I have no doubt Emery could have done a better job with the power and resources that Arteta had been given. I think some of the differences were down to timing, Emery was there when Mislintat and Raul had the reigns and were competing for power. I don't think Arteta had been their long when Tim Lewis came in and cleaned Raul out leaving a power vacuum.

Fabregasm

The team has been shaped by Mikel and Edu now, tbh.

Even with the players that were still here under Arsène and Emery, we had the chance to move on from them and decided to keep some of them.

Everything that happens next season, is completely on Mr Arteta and Mr Gaspar...good or bad.

They gonna feel the heat if our start next season is not anything explosive.... Sideway backward passing, 100 crosses per game tactic and crowd will absolutely turned against them from the disappointment brought over this season.... Interesting new season awaits!

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
By the way, @Heskey we need a 3 stooges poster now. Vinai as Curly casts itself :lol:
I could swear I've done it before. :lol:

Not able to create anything for now, but I'll follow up later tonight with something.

In the meantime I have this one from the past (although I see I forgot to add Vinai to it).
1653483123913.png

And this one:

Mikel is the baby, Edu is the man and Vinai is the woman.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

I could swear I've done it before. :lol:

Not able to create anything for now, but I'll follow up later tonight with something.

In the meantime I have this one from the past (although I see I forgot to add Vinai to it).
View attachment 7016

And this one:

Simply magnificent!🤣🤣

Luiz with the hat really ties it all together :lol::lol::lol:

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
No big talents want to play Thursdays for the Spanish Pulis. Mikel’s pub league management set us back for years. I hope Sp**s enjoys De Jesus. He can’t field a team for one competition, but he is going to field a team for 3 and do well enough in league to secure Cl next year I am sure, lol. If we do get players to come we will have to overpay on wages destroying their transfer value. While Sp**s will have De Jesus and Conte and CL, we will have Pub League Mik ,Thursdays, and the process to mediocrity. We say we are a big club but I haven’t seen any evidence of it in years, right now we are Spud’s whipping boys and league laughingstock thanks to the “process”. What a fraud, if he gave a toss about the club he would of resigned after his pub League mistake cost us Cl and any recruit basically worth having.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

For interests sake, how far down do you rank him in the league.

Perhaps it would be easier to name the managers Arteta is better than. :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom