• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
I was all for sacking Tets until the last summer window happened, but too much has gone into it now where you can't sack him lightly anymore. You'd have to find a coach that sees Ben White, Ødegaard and Ramsdale as starters otherwise that's a lot of time and millions wasted.

This just has to play out, you have to be Arteta in now.
Disagree. Sack him now. **** the sunk cost fallacy. If you sack him now, we might even be able to convince Guendouzi and Saliba to stay.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
If the club was committed to getting out some of these choir boys and pumping the same funds into the next manager then I would want Mik sacked yesterday.

Doesn't seem realistic though does it?
I want mick sacked yesterday even if they’re not willing to pump funds

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Fair post TBH.

The reason reason that I think the club (and some fans like me) are not turning on Arteta is that there is an acceptance that things needed significant change if we were to get back to being a club that could seriously challenge the top spot in the PL - and it would take time.
I am pretty sure a lot of managers could have kept us hovering around 4th-6th as Wenger did in his last 2 years and Emery did in his first season. But, I don't think there was ever a chance we were going to get close to the top spot with the direction we were headed. That's an opinion, of course, though I've never seen a case bing made that the squad we had at the end of the 2018 season was on the up.

So the club, rightly or wrongly , decided to hit the reset button.
You either accept that or you don't - both POVs are ok, but it is what it is.
If you hit the reset button, do it with a top manager not someone that’s never managed before. Both POVs are not ok. One is ducking dumb!

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Arteta is criminally incompetent Saliba doesn’t want to come back and wasn’t experienced enough to even be in our squad but Holding deciding our CL was the best possible team he could field. What a complete dufus, he closes the barn darn after the 60 million pound Horse of CL football is long gone. What a reactive bozo, this certainly proves he had no clue what he was doing last year or at anytime. Now he wants Saliba back I thought just 12 months ago he couldn’t even make the squad.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Genre doesn't count in Sweden, that's why @BaZZe is transcending so much. So yeah it counts! You can identify yourself with whatever you want!! trans vikings rights FTW!!!
Can't even tell the difference between the words gender and genre, transphobes are truly intellectual powerhouses.

Thanks for letting me continue to live rent-free in your head. I wonder if that's why that brain of yours isn't capable of much else.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I want mick sacked yesterday even if they’re not willing to pump funds
Money given to crap manager is wasted it is like giving the worst surgeon in the world the best surgical tools but the actual surgeon is incompetent. Good pieces in an orchestra will sound like garbage if the conductor has gone tone deaf.

Haphazard

Actually I am feeling very attracted by Real Madrid... The thoughts of watching them destroying Liverpool makes horny... Maybe I am an DonCarloSexual
Emotion Reaction GIF

scytheavatar

Established Member
I was all for sacking Tets until the last summer window happened, but too much has gone into it now where you can't sack him lightly anymore. You'd have to find a coach that sees Ben White, Ødegaard and Ramsdale as starters otherwise that's a lot of time and millions wasted.

This just has to play out, you have to be Arteta in now.

The whole point of a Technical Director is that he should handle the transitions of the managers and make sure our next manager will see Ben White, Ødegaard and Ramsdale as starters...... if Edu can't do that job and is useless without Arteta then I am not sure what he is hired for.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Same.

It's really more hope than expectation that he'll fail due to me being envious they got him first :lol:

He'll do well eventually, if United give him the time to rebuild. He is a good manager, with good ideas.

But he'll be called a fraud and people will accuse United of being clueless if they stick with him as well. Just you watch.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The whole point of a Technical Director is that he should handle the transitions of the managers and make sure our next manager will see Ben White, Ødegaard and Ramsdale as starters...... if Edu can't do that job and is useless without Arteta then I am not sure what he is hired for.
We complete buggered the transition of our record signing Pepe, Guendouzi, Saliba, Martinez even who was supposed to get a shot at GK earlier than he did, Nketiah had his progress reset it recently turns out, so the club haven't set a great precedent for this.

Furthermore, the way Edu was hired and kept on was even dubious. KSE didn't cast the net far and wide when Raul was fired, they kinda just said you're director now.

My skepticism hasn't come out of nowhere.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

He'll do well eventually, if United give him the time to rebuild. He is a good manager, with good ideas.

But he'll be called a fraud and people will accuse United of being clueless if they stick with him as well. Just you watch.

If anything leads to his downfall at United it will be the divided dressing room. Impossible to think he'll resolve it in a summer or two.

And players are quite adept at getting managers sacked.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

These f*cking wastemen couldn't even get that right ffs.

Guy beheaded Auba in public not even a peep! pathetic bunch.

Yet another area we don't excel at!

You'd think player cameraderie would count for something, right? And this wasn't a squad player, it's the captain FFS!

At that point I knew most of them were simply yes men & followers.

Had this happened at Chelsea, Tets wouldn't have gotten to February :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You'd think player cameraderie would count for something, right? And this wasn't a squad player, it's the captain FFS!

Seeing the bags Arsenal are handing out this summer, it kinda makes sense I suppose.

I'm sure Lacazette was expecting one himself until he exposed his inability to run anymore, he essentially snaked his boi for nothing.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Seeing the bags Arsenal are handing out this summer, it kinda makes sense I suppose.

I'm sure Lacazette was expecting one himself until he exposed his inability to run anymore, he essentially snaked his boi for nothing.

The team will have an infusion of fresh blood.

The fear is that they'll be more of the "follower" types that Arteta wants to simply play his turgid brand of football & do as they're told 😑

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice

With MA's authoritarian attitude linked to his embarrassing lack of man-management skills, I think the players are afraid to say anything about him. They need to grow some.

Top Bottom