• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Arsenal4life14

It was Mikel's fault for appointing him captain. Auba was never a model professional.
I never thought making Auba Captain was a good choice but it happened and he accepted it so he should have known what was expected of him, If he didn't want the responsibility involved with being a Captain he should have turned it down.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sky saying Thomas Tuchel is interested in signing Auba from Barcelona, he understands Arteta’s stance but, “Tuchel added that in the past he's got nothing but happy memories of the player and that he enjoyed their time together.”

Reactions: A_G

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Sky saying Thomas Tuchel is interested in signing Auba from Barcelona, he understands Arteta’s stance but, “Tuchel added that in the past he's got nothing but happy memories of the player and that he enjoyed their time together.”
You their new mouthpiece? About the level journalism these I guess

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You their new mouthpiece? About the level journalism these I guess
Nope, would never work for Sky, not a big fan of Murdoch. A good example though of things not being black and white. Auba may not work for Arteta but there’s other top managers who view their spat very differently and still see his potential in EPL football.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Nope, would never work for Sky, not a big fan of Murdoch. A good example though of things not being black and white. Auba may not work for Arteta but there’s other top managers who view their spat very differently and still see his potential in EPL football.
Murdoch’s a ****

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Ngl the way they portrayed the whole Auba situation in the documentary still seems a bit petty. The club had months to try to spin the whole thing and that’s what they came up with 🤣 the situation would have been nipped in the bud had Arteta addressed the “lateness” straight away, that’s what normal people do rather than compile a dossier.

Hopefully one day Auba reveals his side of the story.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The silver lining is Arteta isn’t as all powerful as I thought. He had to really go out of his way to get Auba down which says way more about him than Auba.
Mmm not really. I see a room of three man saying “Mikel and Auba have to sort it out” and Mikel still got his way.

As Laca famously said “Arsenal is about Mikel”.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Mmm not really. I see a room of three man saying “Mikel and Auba have to sort it out” and Mikel still got his way.

As Laca famously said “Arsenal is about Mikel”.

Edu and Vini said make it work, it was Auba that showed up in Barcelona without telling the club and took the situation out of all their hands.

Arteta's "I'm the solution" quote makes tons more sense in this context.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Edu and Vini said make it work, it was Auba that showed up in Barcelona without telling the club and took the situation out of all their hands.

Arteta's "I'm the solution" quote makes tons more sense in this context.
Expand?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Ngl the way they portrayed the whole Auba situation in the documentary still seems a bit petty. The club had months to try to spin the whole thing and that’s what they came up with 🤣 the situation would have been nipped in the bud had Arteta addressed the “lateness” straight away, that’s what normal people do rather than compile a dossier.

Doubt he will though, seems like a gent.

Compiling a dossier seems a bit spectrum-ish.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

There was just no need, I think most have moved past the whole thing. And I gotta be honest it's hard to take seriously given other players have done other things which are not even on the same league as coming late for training and have kept being played. So it's hard to really buy into the devil portrait that they're trying to paint.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka

Yeah, they had a full episode to sell their version and nothing of substance was produced. Arteta ends up looking as if he just threw the problem at Edu and company instead of trying to make things work, Edu and the rest of the staff look unconvinced by Arteta's decision but end up submitting to his childish whim anyway. They all just look, well, incompetent.

That said, it's very unfortunate that such a ****ty vision was successfully sold to the fans anyway, a visit through the selling rumours thread and you will have a lot of people wanting the club to thread our unwanted players the same way Auba was treated, exiled and with no way at all to come back to the team.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

The club is a joke.

The whole 'culture change' was a PR stuff Arteta weaponized to have total control of the club.

I'd take him more seriously if he applied the same metric of punishment to every infringement from the players.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
The club is a joke.

The whole 'culture change' was a PR stuff Arteta weaponized to have total control of the club.

I'd take him more seriously if he applied the same metric of punishment to every infringement from the players.
Douzi and Özil got shipped as well due to attitude/disciplinary issues, no?

I agree on the heavy PR though it's insane. Personally never seen this in football before, unless I missed it or don't follow it close enough.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Douzi and Özil got shipped as well due to attitude/disciplinary issues, no?

I agree on the heavy PR though it's insane. Personally never seen this in football before, unless I missed it or don't follow it close enough.
He didn't view them as important to his team football wise that's why he binned them. We both know if Özil was still producing 15+ assists per season, he'd still be here his refusal to take a pay cut notwithstanding. If Guendouzi was giving us Partey performances, he'd still be here.

The whole thing is bullshit. It's just sad that he has some fans eating out of his hands.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
He wouldn't kiss the pretender's ass so he had to go to justify this the pretender has to character assassinate him.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
He didn't view them as important to his team football wise that's why he binned them. We both know if Özil was still producing 15+ assists per season, he'd still be here his refusal to take a pay cut notwithstanding. If Guendouzi was giving us Partey performances, he'd still be here.

The whole thing is bullshit. It's just sad that he has some fans eating out of his hands.
Both Özil and Guendouzi were playing well under Arteta and then dropped right after disciplinary issues. This is not similar to Auba case

Latest posts+

Top Bottom