• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Look around mate, you have some interesting takes out here. That we are dealing with an absolute ***** who somehow has an entire club fooled.
I think Arteta is alright. He clearly has a plan unlike Emery and despite whatever we think the important players are happy to play under him. Do I see anything special? No but that might not be necessary to get into the CL.

A ***** who's hoodwinked the club I wouldn't go that far. The worst I'd say is Arsenal have painted themselves in a corner backing this guy and are at a point where they have to see it through until it's untenable.

I know people think these players are amazing, but the list of coaches that can come in and carry on this project with the existing personnel is an extremely small list now.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I think Arteta was the wrong appointment considering our circumstances at the time. I wanted Ancelotti at the time and I'll stick by that.

He probably should have been sacked twice in his first year and half.

I think we're at the stage now though where we're starting to see some real improvements. Sure we've spent quite a wedge of money but that's necessary if you want to compete with the big boys in this day and age. We've been through a lot of rough with Arteta hopefully now it's time for some smooth.

I understand it but it becomes a bit futile having a dig at him for errors he made 18 months ago, he's a young manager and does seem capable of learning from his mistakes.

What gets me buzzing a bit is the players and fans seem like they are really getting behind Arteta and more importantly the club.

Maybe I'm just being optimistic but it feels like the club is on an upward trajectory for the first time quite a number of years.

I really believe 4th or maybe even 3rd is on the cards this season. I think we'll surprise a few.
How about errors he made 2 or 3 months or 7 months ago is that fair to criticize him, or is Arteta like a born again virgin after every tiny purple patch? I agree with upward trajectory but like you said what would Anxelloti or Tuchel done with the time and money. We could have had both. The opportunity cost of the Arteta project is staggering despite being unknowable
I think Arteta is alright. He clearly has a plan unlike Emery and despite whatever we think the important players are happy to play under him. Do I see anything special? No but that might not be necessary to get into the CL.

A ***** who's hoodwinked the club I wouldn't go that far. The worst I'd say is Arsenal have painted themselves in a corner backing this guy and are at a point where they have to see it through until it's untenable.

I know people think these players are amazing, but the list of coaches that can come in and carry on this project with the existing personnel is an extremely small list now.
Agree with a lot of what you say but we could have had Tuchel or Conte or Ancellotti, now we are basically stuck with his learning curve for good and bad.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Tbf seeing Ancelotti abandon the Everton project for Madrid maybe things have just happened the way they are supposed to.

We’ve not had to worry about Arteta getting poached by the giants.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Tbf seeing Ancelotti abandon the Everton project for Madrid maybe things have just happened the way they are supposed to.

Even if he is poached, which isnt so far fetched IMO, I doubt he moves now.

Arteta wont get the level of support he gets at Arsenal, not until he starts to show elite levels of consistency and a good reputation starts to speak for him.

Think we have him for another 2 years at the very least, provided he doesnt completely fall off a cliff.

Farzad Stoned

It’s because they don’t want him. That isn’t a vote of confidence. If no one else would ever want to be with your gf she probably isn’t an Instagram beauty.

Corbulo

We should easily finish in top 3 and win the Europa League which basically begins in the semis unless we're facing the football powerhouse Olympiakos Piraeus.

The league is also harder than it used to be, top 4 is the new top 17. Let's have some perspective here.

I'm not sure the rookie excuse has expired, remember that this is his first campaign during a World Cup season. It doesn't matter though, little Mik is our spoiled child. If things don't work out the board will give him another £200m to splash. Arteta has the best job in the world.

This whole process is like a gambling addiction. If we'll fail again then we'll start using the money we don't have, the money to pay bills, credit cards, or things for our children. In the 2027/2028 season we'll feel pushed to borrow, sell, or even steal things for the process money. Breaking the cycle is difficult.

But maybe we should refrain discussing or speculating about any situations because we don't have the full picture. Too many opinions for my liking. I would say that Mikel Arteta is a Spanish professional football manager and former player. He is the manager of Premier League club Arsenal.

Farzad Stoned

We should easily finish in top 3 and win the Europa League which basically begins in the semis unless we're facing the football powerhouse Olympiakos Piraeus.

The league is also harder than it used to be, top 4 is the new top 17. Let's have some perspective here.

I'm not sure the rookie excuse has expired, remember that this is his first campaign during a World Cup season. It doesn't matter though, little Mik is our spoiled child. If things don't work out the board will give him another £200m to splash. Arteta has the best job in the world.

This whole process is like a gambling addiction. If we'll fail again then we'll start using the money we don't have, the money to pay bills, credit cards, or things for our children. In the 2027/2028 season we'll feel pushed to borrow, sell, or even steal things for the process money. Breaking the cycle is difficult.

But maybe we should refrain discussing or speculating about any situations because we don't have the full picture. Too many opinions for my liking. I would say that Mikel Arteta is a Spanish professional football manager and former player. He is the manager of Premier League club Arsenal.
Come on top 4 is not the new top 17. I actually believe league is more difficult than 10 years ago. But don’t cheapen 20 straight years CL football and always getting to knockout stage that much.

Farzad Stoned

You can only hope Barca activates the nth lever and frees us from the process.

I'd forgive most of the hate I have for them if that happens
Barca isn’t going to give him 400 million in transfers in 2 and a half years. He also would be on a super short leash. He would be an idiot to leave the beguiled Kroenke family and their mega billions for a club that had to let Messi go on the free because they couldn’t pay him

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Arteta has been a player at the club under Wenger and he's been with Pep.

In the All or Nothing documentary he said. 10 years of letting lack of discipline go has led to the club being where it is, and he's absolutely right.

You can't accept mediocrity at the highest level of sport and to be the best. Auba had to go.

Reason why we failed to qualify was because we lost Partey at the crux part of the season.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

In the All or Nothing documentary he said. 10 years of letting lack of discipline go has led to the club being where it is, and he's absolutely right.

You can't accept mediocrity at the highest level of sport and to be the best. Auba had to go.

Reason why we failed to qualify was because we lost Partey at the crux part of the season.

Our failures were more than just Partey. Even that issue points to our weakness in depth.

But this is a new season. We now have a decent starting 11 that’ll play for the jersey and fans. Our bench is relatively poor still.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Smart people making stupid mistakes for almost 3 years now? Are you serious?

Maybe, just maybe its your second point.... he just may be competent.
Dumb people also make dumb mistakes. Like the owners of Arsenal lol.

This is his 4th season and you still need to cling to “the club backs him so he must be good” instead of actual **** he’s been able to do.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Been saying for a long time on here that if you want to be title challengers you have to spend title challenging money.

I may have been mocked and abused mercilessly because it absolved Wenger for not winning in recent years, but Josh has clearly been reading my posts. :lol:
With this kind of backing, even a **** manager will do well, for a bit.

Farzad Stoned

Xhaka as a B2B is like having an oil tanker in a speed boat race.
Exactly it’s one of those positions where you want a guy who is either fast, reads the game super well, or has a motor that just doesn’t quit in terms of work rate; or a or a combination of these qualities. Xhaka has none of these qualities really. For a player not expected to do much without the ball he doesn’t give you particularly good offensive production to justify his luxury player status.

Farzad Stoned

Or spent 51 million on White our new backup right back while leaving our midfield in tatters with no cover. A great manager would of found away to get Auba scoring look at how many years Ferguson tolerated that raging prick Keane? Conte got Kane firing.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
With this kind of backing, even a **** manager will do well, for a bit.

Thing is if they don't and they just keep receiving money while having complete safety, they will eventually get it right, at some point. It's inevitable.

And it's not even a **** manager at this point, any AM user could do it. That's why if Arteta delivers a carbon copy of Guardiola's style this year, or the next, or when the squad is full of his promising 50M talents, I won't be impressed. He's playing the manager game in an artificial, superfuous way, there is nothing to be impressed at.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom