• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Thing is it's not about being happy to finish 5th. It's whether or not it was an acceptable performance. No-one should be doing cartwheels unless we're 1st or at least in contention for the title. That's what the game is about. Winning.

If 4th is decent / minimum this season. 5th was okay last year. Not great but okay. The manner we lost 4th and to who still niggles a bit admittedly though. Was a bit of a bottle job.

I'll be happy with Arteta as long as he keeps improving our position year on year until we get in title challenging territory so 4th is the minimum for me this season.
There’s so much wrong with that simplistic stuff. Winning the league may well be the objective now we’re spending like there‘s no tomorrow. But for lower spending clubs, that more certainly is not the objective and everybody knows that. And no manager in any job, anywhere, can keep improving year on year it’s an impossibility.

The aim of any club is to reach a position where you can out perform your investment. And staying there is an unbelievable achievement. Winning is only the prerogative of the top spending clubs else you have to wait for a freak 1 in 140 year thing like Leicester.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Feel another manager of the month award coming soon, ngl.

Remember when Arteta last won it, and Tuchel threw a genuine hissy fit over it 🤣

Be careful, you'll have Tommy T turning up outside your gaff like:

FGwov7aVEAAt9lP.jpg

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

There’s so much wrong with that simplistic stuff. Winning the league may well be the objective now we’re spending like there‘s no tomorrow.

In theory, Arsenal would need one more £150 mil summer in order to reach the £400 mil+ mark which is what Liverpool and City spent to win their titles.

I highlighted this, and I agree.

Another summer like this and Arsenal aren't challenging and clearly stating targets then it's a scam. There's no two ways about it, it's not the Arteta show it's supposed to be a competitive football club.

This is also where Arteta falls short for me, a more suited manager would have got this further along and been more helpful with player sales hastening the process (Auba, freezing out players and paying them to go etc).

The way Arsenal has gone about this is totally unique and Barca getting a substantial fee for a 33 year old Auba would further expose Edteta.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I highlighted this, and I agree.

Another summer like this and Arsenal aren't challenging and clearly stating targets then it's a scam. There's no two ways about it, it's not the Arteta show it's supposed to be a competitive football club.

This is also where Arteta falls short for me, a more suited manager would have got this further along and been more helpful with player sales hastening the process (Auba, freezing out players and paying them to go etc).

The way Arsenal has gone about this is totally unique and Barca getting a substantial fee for a 33 year old Auba would further expose Edteta.
Spot on. Without this massive push, there’s every reason to believe Tets would have settled in to being a top 8 manager as the last three seasons have shown us.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
The joke is way more than half of those names are either pro Arteta or are completely pacified and tolerate absolutely anything as long as new/better players keep coming in.

Me, I don't like Arteta think he's average and a questionable man manager but if hes good for Arsenal, then he's good for Arsenal I will take the L on my opinions.

You shouldn't listen to @Shllin he's garbage tier. Pretends to be neutral on Arteta when it's peak, pipes up with stupid sh*t when it's looking good. His posts are like gum that get stuck at the bottom of your shoe and you need to scrape off, absolute rubbish.
This coming from agenda merchant fair and balanced Macho :lol:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
There’s so much wrong with that simplistic stuff. Winning the league may well be the objective now we’re spending like there‘s no tomorrow. But for lower spending clubs, that more certainly is not the objective and everybody knows that. And no manager in any job, anywhere, can keep improving year on year it’s an impossibility.

The aim of any club is to reach a position where you can out perform your investment. And staying there is an unbelievable achievement. Winning is only the prerogative of the top spending clubs else you have to wait for a freak 1 in 140 year thing like Leicester.

I'm not interested in getting into another Wenger top 4 debate.

The vast majority of Arsenal fans don't sit there pouring over squad cost details or net spend to determine whether we've had a good season or not. They want the club to win things or at least be improving our league position until we can challenge for major honours.

Supporting any club is an emotional investment and how supporters judge things is also emotional, there's nothing wrong with that. A club with the history and tradition of Arsenal needs to be moving on an upward trajectory in the medium term. That's what the majority of fans demand. Of course it's not the same for Crystal Palace or Southampton fans, expectations are different there.

You frequently say Arteta In guys lower expectations around the club but if by the time Arteta leaves Arsenal aren't either winning league titles or at least challenging for them on a regular basis, I won't be able to judge his tenure here a success even if he's improved us significantly.

You don't get a trophy for outperforming your investment, there's no glory there. Man City fans don't sit around worrying that their success is diminished by the huge amount of money they've invested over the past decade or so. Winning things is what the game is about for a club like Arsenal and the majority of fans.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
There is something pretty great in winning trophies in the Football Manager games, but also having a positive bank balance at the same time.

So I can see were Trax is coming from, tbh.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I'm not interested in getting into another Wenger top 4 debate.

The vast majority of Arsenal fans don't sit there pouring over squad cost details or the financial circumstances the club are operating under to determine whether we've had a good season or not. They want the club to win things or at least be improving our league position until we can challenge for major honours.

Supporting any club is an emotional investment and how supporters judge things is also emotional, there's nothing wrong with that. A club with the history and tradition of Arsenal needs to be moving on an upward trajectory in the medium term. That's what the majority of fans demand.

You frequently say Arteta In guys lower expectations around the club but if by the time Arteta leaves Arsenal aren't either winning league titles or at least challenging for them on a regular basis, I won't be able to judge his tenure here a success even if he's improved us significantly.

You don't get a trophy for outperforming your investment, there's no glory there. Winning things is what the game is about for a club like Arsenal.
Lol. Entitled claptrap. My best friend is an Everton supporter, he goes to every home game. He knows they’ll never win the league while City, Liverpool, Chelsea and United can out spend his team for fun. But he goes anyway because he loves the club, not for glory, not for winning the league, and not for winning the CL. They don’t have to pour over squad costs to know it.

Arsenal have had a similar spend to Sp**s over the life of the Prem and they haven’t won the league once. Liverpool have spent a lot more and only won once. The only reason you have this arrogance is because of one man, Arsène Wenger who won it 3 times and give our fans an invincible feeling . . . before they turned on him in thinking they were better than they had any right to be.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Lol. Entitled claptrap. My best friend is an Everton supporter, he goes to every home game. He knows they’ll never win the league while City, Liverpool, Chelsea and United can out spend his team for fun. But he goes anyway because he loves the club, not for glory, not for winning the league, and not for winning the CL. They don’t have to pour over squad costs to know it.

Arsenal have had a similar spend to Sp**s over the life of the Prem and they haven’t won the league once. Liverpool have spent a lot more and only won once. The only reason you have this arrogance is because of one man, Arsène Wenger who won it 3 times and give our fans an invincible feeling . . . before they turned on him in thinking they were better than they had any right to be.

Yeah, your proving my point. Your friend is emotionally invested in Everton for whatever reason. I bet he's spent loads of money watching them over the years that could probably have been spent more wisely and he knows they'll never win the league. He's a fan and he's emotionally invested. It's not logical behaviour, in the same way that most Arsenal fans aren't logical when it comes to determining success by squad cost or net spend. That's the point of being a fan, emotions and hope.

I'll leave it there as with your second paragraph it's pretty clear you want to drag this thread endlessly back to Arsène.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
@Nacho @Trilly @Blood on the Tracks @Kav @Rimaal @Sebastes @El Duderino @Mrs Bergkamp @Rex Bezos @jones @Heskey @Penn_ @Hunta @OnlyOne @DanDare @Taylor Gang Gunners @field442

Is this true? (Sorry for the "flip-flops" I forgot to include and yes I'm aware of the dusted tag too).

I can't tell the difference between @Emeryates and him anymore.

This forum is a power vaccum anyway, the former stopped posting and now the latter feels the need to Don his pound store @<<reed>> clothing for some reason.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

It weird. I agree with so much of what you say but then when you talk about your view of where we are in the here and now I’m just like “eh?”. It’s like your a widower who’s wife died in a tragic car accident a decade ago. Years pass and you feel “the urge” - pull a bird at a bar but when the time comes to do the deed you pull up short (literally) because you keep seeing flashes of your one true love.

Arsène, great as he was, was not your wife. He don’t even know who you are bro. The past should inform our future but not define it.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Come on mate, use your brain. It’s part of the cost of a player, how much you’re liable for if you want to get rid.
How about answer the question, why do our wages have to be included when everyone else is also paying their players wages? Or why even stop there, let's add tax and player agent fees too while we're at it?

People mention transfer fees because fees are the salient cost of acquiring a player. People like you are muddying the waters now with wanting to add wages to "give a bigger picture" because our performance at selling players is horrid.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
@Nacho @Trilly @Blood on the Tracks @Kav @Rimaal @Sebastes @El Duderino @Mrs Bergkamp @Rex Bezos @jones @Heskey @Penn_ @Hunta @OnlyOne @DanDare @Taylor Gang Gunners @field442

Is this true? (Sorry for the "flip-flops" I forgot to include and yes I'm aware of the dusted tag too).
If Arteta wins the title it means he's most likely become a much better coach than he currently is. That would be like 10% of the way of my grievances with him, only way I'll ever be Arteta In is if he publicly apologises for being a selfish arrogant piece of ****.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It weird. I agree with so much of what you say but then when you talk about your view of where we are in the here and now I’m just like “eh?”. It’s like your a widower who’s wife died in a tragic car accident a decade ago. Years pass and you feel “the urge” - pull a bird at a bar but when the time comes to do the deed you pull up short (literally) because you keep seeing flashes of your one true love.

Arsène, great as he was, was not your wife. He don’t even know who you are bro. The past should inform our future but not define it.
:lol: Where we are now is a very different place. KSE are realising that they can take on the oil clubs suddenly. How or why is a mystery. But they’re doing it, and Arteta is almost an irrelevance to this game changing move by the owners.

Top Bottom