• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He looks like his own man to me, working with Guardiola will have added experience though, for sure.

Yes he does, the bit about his Pep roll neck jumper shouldn't have been included, it was something I was going to post last night and got included in todays post. Yes, it was the added experience that I was getting at, not that he's a Pep clone! :)

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I still know all the words to Beyblade theme song off by heart.

Also didn't know anyone else knew about Gundam Wing lmao I was gonna change my account name to Zechs Merquise and put his picture as my avatar.

This are the two best Anime dubbed theme songs tho:

I remember the dubbed DBZ, Beyblade, Shaman King and One Piece theme songs almost word for word because of the broadcasting on Toonami or whatever it was called. Samurai Jack had an amazing theme tune as well.

I don’t think Cartoon Network realise how many anime fans they created in our generation. I didn’t even realise it was anime until I came across a one piece clip online years later and it was in Japanese. I thought the dubs we grew up watching were the real thing. :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I remember the dubbed DBZ, Beyblade, Shaman King and One Piece theme songs almost word for word because of the broadcasting on Toonami or whatever it was called. Samurai Jack had an amazing theme tune as well.

I don’t think Cartoon Network realise how many anime fans they created in our generation. I didn’t even realise it was anime until I came across a one piece clip online years later and it was in Japanese. I thought the dubs we grew up watching were the real thing. :lol:

Yeah Toonami and Fox Kids were the one. One Piece theme was so cheesey but I loved it. I swear I preferred anime because it felt like the stakes were higher, Western Cartoons would have stuff like Dexter shouting at his sister for going into his lab or something while Anime had them fighting to the death over the fate of the world with a banging theme song.

sykesy69

There’s no doubt Arteta’s tactical game plan is always spot on. I’m a big supporter of him and agree to give him time to rebuild the squad. But he has to polish on his in game tactical change.

During the Chelsea game, Lampard made a sub and a change in the formation to gain control in the midfield.

If we have Guardiola, he would have maybe tuck in a winger to counter Lampard’s tactical change, trying to gain back possession in the midfield area. But Arteta didn’t change anything, that’s why we play at home but we only have 42% possession at the end.

And later, Lampard was trying to create overload on their left side, and Arteta didn’t do anything.

Chelsea tried to press us high, we could have drop a midfielder to get more numbers at the back, so we can play out from the back not losing possession. But again, Arteta didn’t change anything, that’s why we are forced to play long ball and lost possession. It happened many times in the second half.

It didn’t cost us a goal directly, but tactically speaking, Lampard did better in his in game management despite not getting the game plan right at the start.
Lampards change wasn't to gain control, it was to match numbers. They were playing a 3-4-3 and were incapable of closing the passing lanes until the change. The change put more numbers in midfield and spread the front 3 a little wider, which helped them to cut off the easy supply. Then our fatigue mixed with their higher energy and slightly better quality players allowed them to create more pressure, which we dealt with pretty well until the error.

The distinct lack of depth on the bench meant there wasn't much of a change to be made bar Pepe, that would've made much impact. IMO Pepe would've been caught isolated bringing the ball out anyway, due to fatigue in the rest of the team not being able to offer neccessary support.

All baseless hypothecials anyhow.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If anyone read the quotes or even listened to Artetas press conference after the game, I really like what he is saying about the fans, how we are important & it all depends on the players body language, stuff like that. He's got a point in actual fact. I also like how he made the players go over & appreciate the support after the match.

Keplaz

I think Emery did require high fitness levels, the difference between when he first came here and towards the end of his time were so different.

He either gave up on pressing completely or the players did. It’s no surprise that our fitness levels have gradually dropped.

I think Emery's inability to communicate meant his ideas were lost. I think he knew what he wanted to achieve but the players stopped listening. I think he lost them during the run in last season, and the Europa League Final was the last straw.

Arteta seems like a good coach and also an effective communicator. Only time will tell but the start of the process has been good. He's also learning as he goes but the players seem to have bought into him.

Keplaz

Yeah Toonami and Fox Kids were the one. One Piece theme was so cheesey but I loved it. I swear I preferred anime because it felt like the stakes were higher, Western Cartoons would have stuff like Dexter shouting at his sister for going into his lab or something while Anime had them fighting to the death over the fate of the world with a banging theme song.

Do you remember Ultimate Muscle? I think it was on Toonami. It's one of the stupidest shows I've ever seen but it was very funny.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
14-57-13-833-Xk86ajx.jpg
WTF is in her glass :lol:

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Really looking forward to see this team come out oozing with confidence next game.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Pretty amazing how quickly he’s been able to implement some of his ideas.
Yeah this is such a great clip of the longer press, the slow “choke-hold”. Thank you! I also loved the shorter 6 second press after possession loss where you could see Xhaka and Torreira flying in after the first line of press, it’s the type of press that only the best teams can get through, certainly not United. Loved it.

Manberg

Predator
I think one of those conditions he apparently reguested when joining must have been to be able to wear whatever he wants on the touchline.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member

The liberation i felt upon discovering Manga and Anime. Western comics take themselves too seriously.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think Emery's inability to communicate meant his ideas were lost. I think he knew what he wanted to achieve but the players stopped listening. I think he lost them during the run in last season, and the Europa League Final was the last straw.

Arteta seems like a good coach and also an effective communicator. Only time will tell but the start of the process has been good. He's also learning as he goes but the players seem to have bought into him.
It was crazy. Emery paid millions to make noises that players couldn't understand.

Like me asking my pup to stop p!ssing on the tiles. He's just zoned out.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom