• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Kysus

@hydrofluoric acid
And you seem to be so happy and sure about his ability way before he was appointed. Where is your evidence that he has already learned all the stuff from Pep? Where is your justification for him to be good enough if we appoint him straight after Wenger without even learning one thing from Pep?

It’s fine if you knew taking Arteta is a risk but you are still willing to take the risk and support him because other managers are not guaranteed to be successful anyway.
It’s fine if fans supported him after a few matches, knowing that his tactical knowledge is great.
Its fine if people think he is an inexperienced manager and need more time to tell if he is good enough.
It’s also fine if fans don’t support him because Guardiola’s football is not for them. They wanted a more defensive approach.

It’s fine because every opinion above comes with a reason. But I am sick of people supporting him with no reason or logic behind. Because you FEEL that he is a good manager, so he is the greatest manager on earth before he even started his first match? And saying you love him so much, and other managers are sh**? Where is the logic? To me it’s like an eight years old fangirl supporting a boyband. Or a mother who thinks her son is the best in everything, just because he is her son.

I support Arteta because from the first few matches, he showed that he is a good manager. You support him because you have blind believe in him, it’s embarrassing.

After all these years of school, why would people not have any critical thinking? Or I just have to accept that under the normal distribution, there will always be certain percentage of people having IQ under 50?

Intuition > Ego
Whole picture > narrowminded analysis
Emotional intelligence > IQ

@hydrofluoric acid
And you seem to be so happy and sure about his ability way before he was appointed. Where is your evidence that he has already learned all the stuff from Pep? Where is your justification for him to be good enough if we appoint him straight after Wenger without even learning one thing from Pep?

It’s fine if you knew taking Arteta is a risk but you are still willing to take the risk and support him because other managers are not guaranteed to be successful anyway.
It’s fine if fans supported him after a few matches, knowing that his tactical knowledge is great.
Its fine if people think he is an inexperienced manager and need more time to tell if he is good enough.
It’s also fine if fans don’t support him because Guardiola’s football is not for them. They wanted a more defensive approach.

It’s fine because every opinion above comes with a reason. But I am sick of people supporting him with no reason or logic behind. Because you FEEL that he is a good manager, so he is the greatest manager on earth before he even started his first match? And saying you love him so much, and other managers are sh**? Where is the logic? To me it’s like an eight years old fangirl supporting a boyband. Or a mother who thinks her son is the best in everything, just because he is her son.

I support Arteta because from the first few matches, he showed that he is a good manager. You support him because you have blind believe in him, it’s embarrassing.

After all these years of school, why would people not have any critical thinking? Or I just have to accept that under the normal distribution, there will always be certain percentage of people having IQ under 50?

Wtf :rofl::rofl::lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy:

What is wrong with you hahahaha!

Arteta is top coach I knew this easily. Knows the club. I knew that also! Of course I wanted him as our manager over bums like Emery and Allegri.

Football Manager yet another one on this forum I break without even trying. :lol:

I have no idea how I do it but people just get obsessed by me on here and I start living rent free in their heads. :trophy:

Still I think FM is good poster. I think my biggest achievement is pastcurd, that guy will probably never be same. Absolutely destroyed him.

By the way. If anyone want to know in details how I knew Arteta was a right fit for Arsenal before anyone else then people can sign up for my postlist. 300$ per month.

TriniGunner

Wtf :rofl::rofl::lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy:

What is wrong with you hahahaha!

Arteta is top coach I knew this easily. Knows the club. I knew that also! Of course I wanted him as our manager over bums like Emery and Allegri.

I never wanted Emery, he's a fraud. Not in the personal sense but in the "I'm a top coach and get great results sense". If we did 2 hours of analysis on his La Liga tenure, we would have seen where his teams' results, performances and league table positions were far below what would have been expected of a manager to replace Wenger and move us forward. Added to that, we went and got a manager who barely knew how to communicate with his players. I was not in the Arteta camp when we appointed Unai as I thought he probably needed some more experience but he would have been the better option over Unai.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Taking over the best team, then be backed by billions and billions...not many people knew to win the league this way before Pep, what a visionary!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Taking over the best team, then be backed by billions and billions...not many people knew to win the league this way before Pep, what a visionary!

I mean, he's good. But is he Wenger and Ferguson good?

Both changed the league for the better and made it what it is today without spending 200m on fullbacks every season.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
How Arteta restored belief in the Arsenal squad after a season of crisis

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/ars...in-the-arsenal-squad-after-a-season-of-crisis

I'll copy and paste a few of the best bits since I know most of y'all are too lazy to click and read the article. ;)

The physical aspect:

Individually, the manager has put great emphasis on tactical positions and on the small but crucial details, such as the positions of players' bodies and their vision when receiving the ball. They've practised the long, diagonal passes to switch the play that have been on display all season at Liverpool, to name just one club. The Arsenal players have also worked tirelessly on how to be better and sharper in transition, both offensively and defensively, working to find more space and exploit it better. This was evident against Man United, many felt they were watching the Arsenal they thought they had lost.

And this:

Overall, despite Arteta's being in charge for a short time, the changes at Arsenal have been clear to see and significant compared to his predecessor's methods. The patterns of play are obvious, particularly in the buildup play. Take, for example, the way Granit Xhaka drops into the left-back position, with Aubameyang coming inside to leave the whole left side for his full-back to exploit.

Arteta has also worked a lot with Mesut Özil. Not only does he want the playmaker to be a key part in his team, but he has also changed Özil's position, asking him to take up "half spaces" on the right side when Arsenal have the ball. If Özil was unsure of his future when Arteta arrived, even though they were in the same Arsenal XI at the tail end of his new manager's playing days, he has been boosted by the faith shown. Sources say Özil is a totally changed player compared to the one booed by home fans a few weeks ago. He is impressive at training and influential in matches.

The mental aspect:

However, arguably the biggest change has been not tactically but mentally. Arteta has been very clear since day 1 about what he calls the "non-negotiables." The attitude of each and every player has to be perfect.

When Arteta was appointed before the Everton game, he told his new squad that he would be sitting in the stands at Goodison Park watching their attitudeand their effort with and without the ball. Before his first game in charge at Bournemouth, he told them again: "If you don't give everything, you are out of the team. It doesn't matter who you are."

Arteta has been insistent about that energy and commitment from his players, especially when losing possession and using a high press to get the ball back as quickly as possible. Before each game, the players gather for a group huddle in which Aubameyang gives a pep talk. After the United game, Arteta told his players to go and clap the crowd "together." The togetherness shown by the Gunners is probably what pleases Arteta the most. They attack and defend together; they press and close down as one.

If he was asking for a completely different mindset, a more aggressive approach, more intensity and more running, the players definitively responded.

And his man management skills:

But where the Spaniard has shown his real strength is in his man-management. He is very demanding and wants his players to give everything, but he has to be credible and a strong leader. Promising midfielder Joseph Willock describes him as "stern and relatable." Arteta had a chat with the club's five captains -- Aubameyang, Xhaka, Özil, Lacazette and Hector Bellerin -- to ensure that his message was understood and relayed within the squad by the senior players.

In addition to being tough, Arteta has taken time to speak individually to those players who arguably needed it most. He took Xhaka to one side, convincing him to stay after been ostracised after a well-publicised fall-out with the club's supporters. He also made time for Reiss Nelson, who did well against Chelsea, and club-record signing Nicolas Pepe, who have improved in training and have earned another chance.

On the morning of the United game, Arsenal players were again told to be at the stadium first thing for a light training session before they headed to the team hotel for final preparations. Arteta took time to speak with Pepe, asking him how he was feeling and if he felt ready to start. It gave Pepe the boost and confidence he needed. It was his mother's birthday on New Year's Eve, and he wanted to make her proud. He wanted to make Arteta proud as well and repay him for his trust.

Top Bottom