• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

roz

Fake News Merchant
That the mentality this club has since moved to Emirates wenger didn't try to change it and Emery too.
Maybe they did? It could just be the players themselves not wanting to change? It’s encouraging to see Mik get angry and shout at them at half time and it worked as we were a completely different team second half. But really it shouldnt have come to that so early in his reign.
The fact they resorted back to that mentality so quickly is really worrying.

we need to go all out in January to sign a player that Arteta trust completely to bollock these players because clearly they are too comfortable, doesn’t matter what position just so long as they can act as Artetas general to the boys on the pitch coz maaan do they need it.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Last night was the perfect game for Arteta to reflect back on with the players & say to them, there's what happens when you are arrogant, complacent & don't put the effort in, in comparison to showing the level of aggression & intensity expected of you every game.

The next few months should be used by Arteta to see what players want to buy into this, & who would rather try & coast. If you don't buy into it, ship them out.

As much as last nights was a strong team, there's also the fall back that you would imagine at least 4 of the back 5 that played last night won't be first choice next year. Throw in Torreira, & perhaps Aubameyang, that gives you over half a team of changes without any transfers.
Lets hope they took the message on board!

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
My point is that before we say Arteta will be the same, he has to show that ceiling that Klopp did.

This is not a dig at Arteta, I'm fairly okay with what's happening currently, but it's a bit of a funny statement when you consider "that ceiling that Klopp" showed was 2 Bundesliga titles, 1 DFB Cup and a CL final with Dortmund.

I get the feeling sometimes people look a bit isolated at the PL and what's happening there, an example being a lot of people looking at Klopp's first season with Liverpool to analyze/rate his impact, managerial acumen, etc. Klopp was by no means a guaranteed success at Liverpool - no one ever is at any club - but if you have his Dortmund and especially his Mainz days in mind you just know what the man is capeable of, not only in terms of tactics but especially in terms of teambuilding, man management and being involved in squadplanning to find the perfect parts for his teams. It often reads liks "look Klopp only finished 8th in his first season but he turned them around and look at their big games that season" - well, what about looking at establishing Mainz as a solid 1. Bundesligist, beating Bayern to the German Championship and a Cup twice, as well as getting BVB to a CL final - these are far better indicators as to what one could expect from Jürgen at 'pool.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It was not elite window. It was not great window. I was very positive after the window and gave it 4/10 understanding we wanted to compete in top4. If we were looking at us like we were Everton level I would say 6/10. Now we see how far the transfees taken us its close too 2/10. I honestly dont know what a guy who think it was a great window wants Arsenal to become? Mid table level?

Am very scared if Raul is the man to take us forward. He came here with bad rep and so far he has done nothing to improve on it.
Pathetic attempt at trolling.

I'll give you an 'E' for the effort though

TakeChillPill

Established Member
No point comparing Arteta to Klopp. Klopp was a seasoned manager with major titles under his belt and a CL final.

If you're going to compare Arteta, compare him to Klopp when he started at Mainz.

Arteta is exceeding all expectations, He's only going to get better as a manager, as he gains experience and we start signing the players that we want.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Some AMers wanted Ancelotti. Hell, some even wanted Maureen and Benitez. I'm certain some on here genuinely wanted Moyes but was too scared to post it :lol:

Just so happy that that the 'experts' here are not in charge of football decisions at this club.

Last edited:

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Some AMers wanted Ancelotti. Hell, some even wanted Maureen and Benitez. I'm certain some on here genuinely wanted Moyes but was too scared to post it :lol:

Just so happy that that the 'experts' here are not in charge of football decisions at this club.

Would run the club in to the ground and get us relegated in to the non league football.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I’ll calm down when you stop posting unsubstantiated rubbish.

It’s honestly insane how many pages of this forum are wasted debunking all the various “facts” you’ve “remembered”.

If you insist on not having any credibility, at least have some sense of shame.
:lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

I’ll calm down when you stop posting unsubstantiated rubbish.

It’s honestly insane how many pages of this forum are wasted debunking all the various “facts” you’ve “remembered”.

If you insist on not having any credibility, at least have some sense of shame.
**** off! I'm not biting. :lol:

I've seen enough unsubstantiated rubbish you've posted about Wenger and Giroud over the years, but I'm not telling you to walk the plank of shame ffs.:lol:

Last edited:

Say yes taking it harder than I thought that Emery is gone. :lol:

Pathetic attempt at trolling.

I'll give you an 'E' for the effort though

Ita not trolling. Its my honest opinion since the summer. I simple wasnt impressed by last transfers window and the evidence is is that we are doing very badly this season.

I respect if people dont agree and Im always ready to debate my stance but posts like these from you are doing nothing for this forum. If you dont like what I have to say then you can just ignore me.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Say yes taking it harder than I thought that Emery is gone. :lol:

Ita not trolling. Its my honest opinion since the summer. I simple wasnt impressed by last transfers window and the evidence is is that we are doing very badly this season.

I respect if people dont agree and Im always ready to debate my stance but posts like these from you are doing nothing for this forum. If you dont like what I have to say then you can just ignore me.
@say yes

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Maybe they did? It could just be the players themselves not wanting to change? It’s encouraging to see Mik get angry and shout at them at half time and it worked as we were a completely different team second half. But really it shouldnt have come to that so early in his reign.

we need to go all out in January to sign a player that Arteta trust completely to bollock these players because clearly they are too comfortable, doesn’t matter what position just so long as they can act as Artetas general to the boys on the pitch coz maaan do they need it.
Yeah it is quite worrying.

Mikel led them to convincing performances against two top six rivals yet they didn’t listen to him?

I’m hoping some meaning was lost in translation and that it was just complacency against a championship club. If they really stopped working for him this soon then we need to sell the whole squad.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

Or where the **** was the fight or running till tired when we lose away from home every week. How is it not natural? You have to wonder whats going on in their heads. Just a patch up job until the squad can be gutted.

Reactions: roz
Top Bottom