• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Yeah it is quite worrying.

Mikel led them to convincing performances against two top six rivals yet they didn’t listen to him?

I’m hoping some meaning was lost in translation and that it was just complacency against a championship club. If they really stopped working for him this soon then we need to sell the whole squad.

I'm 99% sure its complacency. Coming off Man United where they worked their socks off they were a bit tired, so they probably did listen to Arteta, but said to themselves *It's a championship side, we can take it a bit easier than against United*.

Then Leeds came out, playing high intensity and everyone got caught off-guard. Leading to a bunch of headless chickens in the first half until Arteta slapped them at half-time.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Or where the **** was the fight or running till tired when we lose away from home every week. How is it not natural? You have to wonder whats going on in their heads. Just a patch up job until the squad can be gutted.
Hopefully (and unfortunately) it was something in the team mentality in the past and Arteta can grind it out of them now.
It is mental though isn’t it? The bare minimum is to turn up and work hard ffs

roz

Fake News Merchant

Mikel led them to convincing performances against two top six rivals yet they didn’t listen to him?

I’m hoping some meaning was lost in translation and that it was just complacency against a championship club. If they really stopped working for him this soon then we need to sell the whole squad.
I really hope you’re right, something tells me we’re not out of the woods yet

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

He definitely meant that the players just relaxed a bit. He emphasised that he’s learning about the players every game... how they reacted after losing to Chelsea and then now how they reacted to winning “JUST ONE” game against Man Utd :lol:... Arteta making it clear to them they aren’t good enough if they don’t work hard.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Say yes taking it harder than I thought that Emery is gone. :lol:

Ita not trolling. Its my honest opinion since the summer. I simple wasnt impressed by last transfers window and the evidence is is that we are doing very badly this season.

I respect if people dont agree and Im always ready to debate my stance but posts like these from you are doing nothing for this forum. If you dont like what I have to say then you can just ignore me.
But I'm sorry, your opinion is ridiculous. So how did you come to the conclusion that we've been set back a few years by our summer window. I genuinely want to know

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Some AMers wanted Ancelotti. Hell, some even wanted Maureen and Benitez. I'm certain some on here genuinely wanted Moyes but was too scared to post it :lol:

Just so happy that that the 'experts' here are not in charge of football decisions at this club.
I always wanted Arteta or Loco Bielsa, but I knew Bielsa was not a realistic one. When someone plays football o have some knowledge about it... you can identify that Arteta is super smart about football since he was a player.

Klopp has it as well... and the guy is super passionate about it... Arteta a well... Bielsa does it. Wenger and Ferguson did... you see all of them eating, breathing, and dreaming football. They love it.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I always wanted Arteta or Loco Bielsa, but I knew Bielsa was not a realistic one. When someone plays football o have some knowledge about it... you can identify that Arteta is super smart about football since he was a player.

Klopp has it as well... and the guy is super passionate about it... Arteta a well... Bielsa does it. Wenger and Ferguson did... you see all of them eating, breathing, and dreaming football. They love it.
Everyone wanted "a safe pair of hands".

The same mistake we made appointing Emery

roz

Fake News Merchant
Players under estimated Leeds and needed a rocket up the backside. Normal stuff, don’t see something to read too much into.
Its not normal considering our circumstances.
New manager to impress, fans to get back on side, point to prove to themselves from so many bad performances/results over the past year etc.
Im genuinely disturbed by the lack of focus. Sure we turned it around after half time but had we beem playing any other decent team and we would have been at least 2-0 at half time. That **** needs to end asap. Its not like it was burton albion or whoever, it was the team leading the championship so they should not have taken it lightly in the first place

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Do we have any Leeds fan here, how long did it take Biesla to get his players fitness level to a point where they can hassle and hurry opponents for 90 mins.
I think with Arteta we can see what he's trying to create (quite similar to Pep) but it will take time to get the players upto the required fitness level and also accept the system mentally.

RUS arsenal

Established Member

That mentality to try to coast on minimal effort against the weaker teams to "conserve energy" has been there for so long that it is ingrained in many of these players (especially the senior ones). That won't disappear overnight just because Arteta became the manager. The fact that they didn't just ignore him and woke up in the 2nd half as well as channeling that effort into purpose is actually quite an encouraging sign for me.

Of course, time will tell.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I think something that Arteta made clear in his presser, but people haven't seemed to understand... The team didn't improve their performance in the second half because of receiving a ribbing or being in fear of Arteta. He let them know they are not playing up to their potential. It sounded more like he said they need to get out there and work hard for themselves.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
But I'm sorry, your opinion is ridiculous. So how did you come to the conclusion that we've been set back a few years by our summer window. I genuinely want to know

Because his reasoning is that of a contrarian, who wants to see the worst in anything especially when there is a general good vibe feeling in the forum towards the club.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

He’s done this before :lol:
Knows I wanted Emery sacked and am one of the most positive about Arteta. But if I reply he’ll just say “I know you did but I wanted you to reply to me!”.

Would love to visit him in Iceland and tweeze the wings off his little tarantula hawks.
More of your unsubstantiated rubbish. If you insist on not having any credibility, at least have some sense of shame. :lol::lol:

Yeah Arteta wouldn’t be my top choice at all. I want the next Arsenal manager to be as big a culture shock as possible to this complacent sack of **** football club.

Giving the managerial job to a former Wenger player who has never managed anywhere before would be my absolute nightmare.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I get the feeling sometimes people look a bit isolated at the PL and what's happening there, an example being a lot of people looking at Klopp's first season with Liverpool
Found myself doing the same thing, as if the guy wasn't a proven top manager before England.:lol:

I think the main reason I bring up his early Liverpool seasons is because while the overall results weren't great, he showed flashes of what he could do in England with that team.

Think it's easy to say the transfers did the bulk of work but those big game performances and flashes of what the team could do definitely played a part in recruiting those players.

Top Bottom