• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

...Of all the surprising things Guardiola has done... ....is that he always plays super strong teams in FA and league cup games even against teams several divisions below them...

secret-stuff-space-jam.jpg

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is it about keeping the players sharp and maintaining the level of their match fitness.
With Arteta picking such a strong side, I thought he was trying to get them to jell together and learning how to play his system together.
Not sure why Guardiola does it but its interesting.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Is it about keeping the players sharp and maintaining the level of their match fitness.
With Arteta picking such a strong side, I thought he was trying to get them to jell together and learning how to play his system together.
Not sure why Guardiola does it but its interesting.

On this occasion it could have been to get the players get used to how he wants to play as they are still trying to adapt to his tactics. That is why it will be interesting to see what teams he will select in the next rounds.

As for why Guardiola does it, surely by now most of his players are used to his system so that can't be it. I think he might be over cautious of an upset. Which maybe makes him not trust players outside his regulars. It is just a guess, I don't really know why.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah I think it's mostly sharpness and wanting to actually win the tournament. And it being so early into Mikel's tenure he'll want mostly first team players to continue playing in these games so they can constantly be improving and adapting to his demands.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

On this occasion it could have been to get the players get used to how he wants to play as they are still trying to adapt to his tactics. That is why it will be interesting to see what teams he will select in the next rounds.

As for why Guardiola does it, surely by now most of his players are used to his system so that can't be it. I think he might be over cautious of an upset. Which maybe makes him not trust players outside his regulars. It is just a guess, I don't really know why.

I think it's sharpness with Pep but I think in general he doesn't want to take any chances too. Maybe it's a mentality thing, if he plays a weakened team with too many fringe players and youth players it sends out the wrong message. Also if players are unfamiliar with playing with each other in too many key positions they won't be able to fully play the game he wants them to play hence why it's usually on a couple of changes in big areas usually for these games. Also it might be nice to the opposition that he's taking them seriously. When a lower league side faces a big side surely they want to be coming against guys like Aguero, De Bruyne, Bernardo, etc for the experience.

9jagooner

So far I'm impressed with what I have seen from Arteta. It is really encouraging even if it is early days. We desperately need to get back competing near the top of the table again. He might just be the man to do that, fingers crossed.

Of all the surprising things Guardiola has done at City (playing with no strikers, crazy formations, DM's as CB's, Fullbacks as wingers etc) ......
Slightly outside your main point but just thought to mention that Wenger did all of the above in parentheses too

scytheavatar

Established Member
Glad Emery leaving finally ended all the infighting.

Hope you realize all the infighting will likely return once Arteta's honeymoon period is over and the bad results start coming. The infighting is caused by a management with their heads in sand and completely out of touch with reality, and I am not sure Arteta can save these guys no matter how good of a manager he is. The same guys who sank Emery with disastrous transfers are going to sink Arteta too if they remain in power.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Hope you realize all the infighting will likely return once Arteta's honeymoon period is over and the bad results start coming. The infighting is caused by a management with their heads in sand and completely out of touch with reality, and I am not sure Arteta can save these guys no matter how good of a manager he is. The same guys who sank Emery with disastrous transfers are going to sink Arteta too if they remain in power.
Lol!! Imagine wishing Arteta does bad so you can be this guy “wHEn aRtETa hOnEy mOoN iS oVEr”

Pepes blue pill

The Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta is up now and starts by praising his opposite number Roy Hodgson.

"Every time I played there, I suffered," Arteta said. "It was always tough. It is a very complicated stadium.

"Roy Hodgson is a manager with incredible experience and what he is doing there, it is very impressive and it will be tough.

"It is incredible how he deals with situations. To be living with this level of pressure for such a long time, the way he handles it, the way he behaves himself, the way he puts himself across, how respected he is around all the players and clubs, is remarkable. So I have big admiration for him."

Pepes blue pill

More from Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta, who turned a question about whether he would like to sign Wilfried Zaha into a glowing appraisal of the Crystal Palace winger.

"I think he's a terrific player and I think the impact he's had in the Premier League in the last few years has been phenomenal," Arteta said.

"His ability to create chances on his own is unique.We know Wilf and the type of talent he is. When he gets isolated in one-on-one situations, we know what he can do. Of course it will be part of the gameplan."

Pepes blue pill

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta on Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's future at the club:

"My intention is to keep Auba because I know that if we keep Auba with us, we will be stronger and closer to winning football matches with him.

"I'm confident that he's very happy here because that's what he said in the media.

"I’m not expecting big things [in the transfer window], expecting big things from players I have at the moment. If we can find something to help us go through the season in a more balanced way in certain areas and is helpful, we'll look at the options."

Pepes blue pill

More from Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta, this time on youngsters Emile Smith Rowe, Tyreece John-Jules and Eddie Nketiah:

"We are assessing the situation with three of them [young players]. We are evaluating all the offers that they have from different clubs, where would suit them more and if it's the right time for them to make that step. In the next few days, we will tell you exactly what will happen.

"With Eddie it's the same situation. I sat down with him and was very impressed with him. I think it was a great challenge for him to work in that environment in Leeds. I think he's become a much better player, a much more competitive player.

"The decision to make now is whether it's better to send him out for another five months to realise his potential and have him ready for next season, or keep him here."

Pepes blue pill

Final snippet from Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta: "We're not thinking to sell.

"There's nothing concrete at the moment on the table, as I said, I'm focusing on the players we have now and this transfer window is a little bit tricky and things might come at the end. But I don't know which way."

Tomb Bombadil

Doubt anyone's mentioned this but the board members, or the individual behind it, deserves credit for the Arteta appointment, and even considering Arteta over Emery in 2018.

Maybe we can one day look back and see Gazidis as the poison that stunted this club.
Problem is their credit is so much in the minus that Arteta has to deliver the PL and CL double next year that I would consider applauding them.

Joke I would applaud them for the CL/PL double but nothing less.

Yeah but first let's see where this goes. But I wasn't so positiv in a long time but I mean the bar was not really high.

Latest posts

Top Bottom