• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
Need to improve the athletic ability of this team. hopefully the players we target reflects that.. Arteta is doing good so far, some encouraging signs.

He's getting the best out of what he has. For me, he's immune from criticism until he gets a few signings and gets to really stamp his authority on the team.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
League season is well and truly over after today, Auba missing 3 games too so the goals drying up too.

Tough times for Arteta.

Hopefully a blessing in disguise and an opportunity for the others to pick up goal scoring form. That's too positive though, I think. :(

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Not being clinical in front of goal has cost Arteta 9 points. Laca chance against Bournemouth, Willock chance against Chelsea and Pepe against Palace. If you don't put away gilt edged chances like that nothing can save you apart from sheer luck (which we'll never have)

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Not being clinical in front of goal has cost Arteta 9 points. Laca chance against Bournemouth, Willock chance against Chelsea and Pepe against Palace. If you don't put away gilt edged chances like that nothing can save you apart from sheer luck (which we'll never have)

Now that we have a proper manager the lack of quality in the playing squad is starting to become obvious again. Not enough players who can score goals and no midfield if Torreira isn't available.

Ideally we sign a midfielder in the mould of Soumare or Partey in addition to a goalscoring midfielder/winger but I just can't see it happening in January.

Have to hope Martinelli keeps progressing the way he has, Torreira stays fit and maybe Ceballos can still have a positive impact as well.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
League season is well and truly over after today, Auba missing 3 games too so the goals drying up too.

Tough times for Arteta.

Shouldn't you be getting ready to head down to the stadium, and watch your boys play Liverpool today?

Leave comments on Arteta to proper Arsenal fans, please and thank you!

say yes

forum master baiter
Today wasn’t a must-win game, top 4 was out of reach a while ago.

In fact, the only must-win game remaining in the league all season is Liverpool at home if their unbeaten run is still going.

Focus should be on the cups / getting the players acquainted with what Arteta expects from them ahead of next season.

Today wasn’t a must-win game, top 4 was out of reach a while ago.

Got to say I'm full of surprise and even admiration for the people who still had hopes for top4... Even when we were 'thirdz' I felt it wasn't meant to be that we would finish top4.

I'm clinging all hopes on two things. We can keep improve and fluke our way into CL through EL is the first thing. The second thing is that the players who we know will be here after 2 years are improving day by day positionally and tactically in terms of pressing and attacking combinations!

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Now that we have a proper manager the lack of quality in the playing squad is starting to become obvious again. Not enough players who can score goals and no midfield if Torreira isn't available.

Ideally we sign a midfielder in the mould of Soumare or Partey in addition to a goalscoring midfielder/winger but I just can't see it happening in January.

Have to hope Martinelli keeps progressing the way he has, Torreira stays fit and maybe Ceballos can still have a positive impact as well.
Problem is we tried to replace Ramsey, Mkhitaryan and Iwobi's goals and assists with Pepe and it hasn't worked out at all. Stupendous failure of squad planning

I'm just sick of ref allow other team to foul us until 80 minute before getting yellow card while we almost always get yellow card on first foul.

I noticed it first in Arsenal - Everton games when Fellaini was allowed to play dirty for 80 minutes before getting card. Southampton and Sp**s player Waynama was also allowed to tackle our players for 80 minutes.

Its just not fair and very hard to compete against.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I'm just sick of ref allow other team to foul us until 80 minute before getting yellow card while we almost always get yellow card on first foul.

I noticed it first in Arsenal - Everton games when Fellaini was allowed to play dirty for 80 minutes before getting card. Southampton and Sp**s player Waynama was also allowed to tackle our players for 80 minutes.

Its just not fair and very hard to compete against.
Other teams say the same about Xhaka tbf

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Need good signings ASAP.

Pressure is on the board. Back Arteta, back the club.

This is the thing. This group of players has a ceiling and we are not far off it. Arteta has them more organised offensively and defensively, but they will very rarely play well for 90 without the adrenaline of a big game as there are too many deficiencies. The main one being a lack of athleticism, ball carrying ability and drive on important areas of the pitch.

As much as I think Upamecano isn't worth the money and is far from the finished article. If we are going to play a high line it would help to have one fast centre back. Someone who can just run back and easily win a foot race. Look at how easy it is to contain a fast forward when the pace of your defender nullifies their threat. Zaha is fast but AMN is faster and able to match him physically stride for stride. So the ball in behind is so difficult to play.

We need dynamism, pace and agility in the centre of the pitch. So many times Xhaka is chasing a player who isn't even that fast like Meyer and cant get close enough to tackle him. So many times he has the ball and can just drive forward to draw a man in before popping it off but he cant, so we go backwards.

We need players in the centre of the pitch who can drive and hold their own in physical duels.

Therefore it is up to board to back the manager.

Spend the summer budget on players we are going to buy then anyway. We will make the cost back on sales anyway.

Pay the money for the physical midfielder.
Pay the money for a fast cb.

Top Bottom