• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It’s hard to compare. I look back at the period from around 2009 to circa 2015 and I remember that nearly every team we played sat back in deep banks and never pressed. It wasn’t until Swansea came along that we started seeing change from the smaller clubs. When you have so much space and time on the ball the midfield looks much better than it is.

Teams were kinda still terrified of us at that point though, even if we had dropped from a 1st/2nd place to a 3rd/4th place team, we still had some really talented players during that period...still had periods were we could get physically beaten away every now and then, but at home we could easily stick a few past even the best teams...the midfield especially is killing us now imo, nothing to really fear about us now.

Manberg

Predator
Teams were kinda still terrified of us at that point though, even if we had dropped from a 1st/2nd place to a 3rd/4th place team, we still had some really talented players during that period...still had periods were we could get physically beaten away every now and then, but at home we could easily stick a few past even the best teams...the midfield especially is killing us now imo, nothing to really fear about us now.

We did have ballers, but our record against top teams was perhaps even worse than it is now. We always got thrashed. Utd beat us every time.

Polar Bear

Everyone told me that Arteta will be like Pep and has learned everything from Pep.. but I swear in his first 5 prem games with us so far he is exactly like Wenger, nothing like Pep at all.. it actually is basically Wenger. Subs are exactly the same time, its almost right down to the actual second!!!!!!. Also tactics are Wenger too. I feel like its Wenger

Is Wenger back in disguise??

The long coat with flimsy zip hasn't appeared yet, just waiting for it any day now

Manberg

Predator
Don't think that squad was capable to do much more.Top 4 was about right for us in that moment.

Top 4 was underachieving. Have you seen some of the squads Utd won the league with? They were absolute rubbish, put together in an organised 4-5-1 and they won games. People at the time were saying dross like Anderson and Nani were world class. The quality of the league was no where near as high as it is now.

The shameful thing is how far Liverpool have come. They are setting unprecedented records. Our invincibles had 12 draws.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Top 4 was underachieving. Have you seen some of the squads Utd won the league with? They were absolute rubbish, put together in an organised 4-5-1 and they won games. People at the time were saying dross like Anderson and Nani were world class. The quality of the league was no where near as high as it is now.

Didn't Utd still have a lot of players from their prime years ? Rio,Evra,Vidic,Scholes,Giggs,Rooney etc.I mean,they probably weren't in their peak in those times,but still quality squad.We didn't have better squad and better manager.

Well,City was champion for first time in 2012.Had better squad than us.

Riou

United probably haven't had an all round top team since 2009, and people are right, the standard of league winners in the early 2010s isn't what it was in the later 2010s...bar 07-08, zero of our Emirates Era teams were good enough to win the league, we had some very good teams though...but United's mentality was a step up, we became to lax really...Rio and Vidic were an amazing pair, helped them tremendously in winning the league in 2011 and 2013, when the rest of the team, bar one or two players were kinda meh really.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
United probably haven't had an all round top team since 2009, and people are right, the standard of league winners in the early 2010s isn't what it was in the later 2010s...bar 07-08, zero of our Emirates Era teams were good enough to win the league, we had some very good teams though...but United's mentality was a step up, we became to lax really...Rio and Vidic were an amazing pair, helped them tremendously in winning the league in 2011 and 2013, when the rest of the team, bar one or two players were kinda meh really.

They were very competitive in all seasons and were close to title,not won all the time ofc.Reckon that losing Ronaldo in 2009 was blow for them and Chelsea was too good in that season.Mentality and good manager gave them a lot.

Manberg

Predator
Didn't Utd still have a lot of players from their prime years ? Rio,Evra,Vidic,Scholes,Giggs,Rooney etc.I mean,they probably weren't in their peak in those times,but still quality squad.We didn't have better squad and better manager.

Well,City was champion for first time in 2012.Had better squad than us.

Wow, I dread to see that team against us now. Oh and you’re forgetting Darren Fletcher and Michael Carrick too.
Shambles how they kept winning titles with teams like that. We should have battered them not the other way round. Wenger failed.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wow, I dread to see that team against us now. Oh and you’re forgetting Darren Fletcher and Michael Carrick too.
Shambles how they kept winning titles with teams like that. We should have battered them not the other way round. Wenger failed.
Carrick was one of the best midfielders in Europe.

Riou

Carrick was one of the best midfielders in Europe.

Still amazes me that no England manager built their team around Carrick, in a more 4-3-3 formation, amazing player...no wonder England struggled so badly post 2006 World Cup.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Still amazes me that no England manager built their team around Carrick, in a more 4-3-3 formation, amazing player...no wonder England struggled so badly post 2006 World Cup.
Weird to say it, but it feels like until recently English football was in the dark ages. Guys like Carrick are torch bearers for the next generation.

Top Bottom