• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Manberg

Predator
Our defence has always been our biggest worry. I hope defensive issues are fixed but it’s too soon to tell. Attacking wise I’ve felt that it’s better than under Emery as we seem to control more possession and create more chances, but our forwards have not been clinical enough.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I agree Arteta has had a positive impact since taking over. We are looking better in defence, even Mustafi has looked good. Saka has bloomed into a very promising LB and Xhaka and Torreira have improved in midfield. Its now down to the attack, I hope he's been focusing on this in the sunshine of Dubai. If he continues selecting Laca then he had better get it right! I think it should be Martinelli Auba Pepe but I'm just a fan, Arteta is a highly paid manager who needs to make it work with Laca or make changes, which many feel are over due.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Explain to me, what exactly does Guendouzi have in his game? What does he do better than most midfielders of his age range? He doesn't defend well, isn't physically imposing, is not a playmaker, is guilty of dwelling on the ball for too long...... he's just the second coming of Denilson. He looks good because he is surrounded by players who are not better than him.

Torreira to me is a worse version of Coquelin, but at the very least he has some value.
He is an all-rounder and shows good ability, albeit inconsistently, in most facets of the game. I’m not his best friend and I’m not related to him either, I’ve just seen hundreds of footballers come and go Arsenal and I believe this is one of the good ones. That he was being given too much trust or being overused when he possibly didn’t deserve it is not his fault. Had Fabregas been chucked in when he was 14 wouldn’t have been his fault either, but I’m sure he’d still have been slated on here.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The players stopped working for Emery. He also was not backed by the board. 5th and a Europa final after 50m as a summer budget was a good return.

He seemed to lose his way in the 2and season and stopped doing a lot of the things that got him off to a great start such as tactical flexibility and early subs.

He had to go, but it has been too easy to scapegoat him.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The players stopped working for Emery. He also was not backed by the board. 5th and a Europa final after 50m as a summer budget was a good return.

He seemed to lose his way in the 2and season and stopped doing a lot of the things that got him off to a great start such as tactical flexibility and early subs.

He had to go, but it has been too easy to scapegoat him.

"£50m summer budget"

images

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Parice Evra and Romesh Ranganathan on Arsenal, Arteta and Wenger.

Very funny and quite insightful.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

As others have touched on it’s time for some sort of tangible improvement, when I say tangible I’m talking getting some wins on the board not just ‘looking more solid defensively’.

I would even take us drawing but creating a proper amount of chances. Ancelotti is doing better with less and came in at the same time.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
As others have touched on it’s time for some sort of tangible improvement, when I say tangible I’m talking getting some wins on the board not just ‘looking more solid defensively’.

I would even take us drawing but creating a proper amount of chances. Ancelotti is doing better with less and came in at the same time.

My thoughts exactly. Arteta is a work experience manager and learning on the job. I have no doubt that he is a good coach, but it's high time we start seeing how good he is as a manager.

I have no expectation in terms of league position this year, but we need to start stringing a few wins together.

Bergkamp1988

Aubameyang may be able to score from the wing But .. considering how much we are struggling to get goals, and having a killer like him in the squad and not playing him in his preferred position, Knowing that he'd pretty much score every game is downright sacrilegious.

Edit: just as I post this, he scores.. but the comment stands.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Aubameyang may be able to score from the wing But .. considering how much we are struggling to get goals, and having a killer like him in the squad and not playing him in his preferred position, Knowing that he'd pretty much score every game is downright sacrilegious.

Edit: just as I post this, he scores.. but the comment stands.

He was playing as a second striker when he scored.

The picture of positioning they give before the game does not tell the whole story of how the player is being use.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Interesting lineup paid off. Ceballos and Pepe repaid Artetas faith. Nketiah was the big call and that got mixed results but he didnt let anyone down.

Arteta played this one perfectly IMO.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Team mentality changed since he appointed they look more happy even with frustrating run of draws but he didn't lose a game since unlucky lose against these Chelsea c**ts.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
A slightly odd lineup that paid off. I'm really happy for him and us fans. The players are slow to trust the system because for them, it's about not losing but after 30 minutes today, they warmed to the task he set them. I trust him even though I wobble sometimes and want him to succeed with is.

Top Bottom