• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Hope Arteta knows that for many like myself he is our last hope for the club. Has his work cut out though.

I was quite apprehensive of him at first, but once he dropped Torreira and Lacazette I knew he had potential to be a great manager.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's a brilliant manager with a bright future so long as the club support him. Perhaps the most frustrating thing about the lack of football has been missing the hope that he gave me that we could turn things around. If Emery were still the manager, I'm not sured I'd miss us at all.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
Despite not seeing the players, i think this time off will help him to know the squad well and see which are the strongest and the weakest links.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Who does he really rate do we think? The likes of Luiz, Xhaka and Özil have been first choice for him but it’s hard to judge if that’s due to the other options being **** or not.

Think Nketiah getting PL starts ahead of Lacazette means Lacazette isn’t in his plans going forward.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Who does he really rate do we think? The likes of Luiz, Xhaka and Özil have been first choice for him but it’s hard to judge if that’s due to the other options being **** or not.

Think Nketiah getting PL starts ahead of Lacazette means Lacazette isn’t in his plans going forward.

I’m not so sure about Lacazette. Playing Auba out wide likely means he wants a more allround striker up front who can keep the ball and bring others into play. Maybe he took Laca out of the side because the goals had dried up and his confidence was shot. Laca’s latest appearances were very promising and I could see him (rightfully) taking Nketiahs place back.

It’s quite simple with Luiz, Xhaka and Özil: they’re the type of players Arteta wants in those positions. And we don’t have any alternatives for them. I’m sure he sees their flaws but it all depends on whether they stay with us in the summer and who becomes available on the market. Upgrades will cost the club a lot of money.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Xhaka and Luiz are just the best we have in those positions.

Lacazette is just because of form I wouldn’t read much into it.

Özil, you just have to play otherwise the fans and players start feeling a way. Influential players like this, you’re better off playing them and having them expose themselves rather than tell everyone how bad they are.

All in my opinion of course, I’m obviously not part of backroom staff.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Think he rates Luiz. If we get Upamecano or someone of that caliber we'll see a partnership of Upa x Luiz at the start of the season. Saliba will be be integrated slowly.

Think we're in for a rubbish window.

scytheavatar

Established Member
He's a brilliant manager with a bright future so long as the club support him. Perhaps the most frustrating thing about the lack of football has been missing the hope that he gave me that we could turn things around. If Emery were still the manager, I'm not sured I'd miss us at all.

Club supported Emery and look at where that took us to...... if Arteta just lets the club support him then he can expect to face the same fate as Emery. He needs to fight the people above him, not just leave them to mess things up.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Club supported Emery and look at where that took us to...... if Arteta just lets the club support him then he can expect to face the same fate as Emery. He needs to fight the people above him, not just leave them to mess things up.
When I say support, I mean give him money to spend. Also worth noting that Emery is an idiot and there is a profound difference in results when you support an idiot versus when you support a competent person.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Emery was the opposite of supported. A measly 50m budget for his first season in a new league. He managed to get 5th and a European final. Rumours are he asked for Maguire, Partey and Zaha and got shot down. Emery also integrated Martinelli, Saka, Guendouzi, Willock and Nelson into the team.

He had to go, but let's not pretend as though he was backed or appreciated.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Emery was the opposite of supported. A measly 50m budget for his first season in a new league. He managed to get 5th and a European final. Rumours are he asked for Maguire, Partey and Zaha and got shot down. Emery also integrated Martinelli, Saka, Guendouzi, Willock and Nelson into the team.

He had to go, but let's not pretend as though he was backed or appreciated.
5th was because he still had the Wenger boys. You’re right though, this summer killed him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom