• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
People on here are happy to believe what they read as long as it makes them angry. Not even sure why the summer is even being thought about. We don't know even when it will begin at this point

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

When I say support, I mean give him money to spend. Also worth noting that Emery is an idiot and there is a profound difference in results when you support an idiot versus when you support a competent person.
He wasn’t an idiot. Probably wasn’t right for us, but he’s still a decent coach - I don’t get why he’s thought of as complete sh*t.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He wasn’t an idiot. Probably wasn’t right for us, but he’s still a decent coach - I don’t get why he’s thought of as complete sh*t.
Hmm, let's see:
Bottled that massive first leg lead against Barcelona.

Bottled pole position in the race for top 4 because he couldn't get results against relegation fodder.

Got destroyed by a Chelsea team with 1 good player in what was supposed to be his competition, after he bottled the race for top 4 against relegation fodder thus insuring we missed out on CL Football.

Followed that up by alienating players, handing the captaincy to a divisive player, bungling the response to that player's meltdown and then turning us into a glorified Stoke City, playing for draws and literally conceeding more shots than ANYONE in the PL.

All these things achieved mind you while being so unintelligible that neither fans nor players ever had a f*cking clue what he was on about.

That, my friend is why he is thought of as complete sh*t. And why he remains unemployed and probably won't ever get a big job again.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
I'd take these advices in a heartbreat if i was Arteta.

https://talksport.com/football/6893...sut-Özil-mikel-arteta-ruthless-arsenal-title/

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Hmm, let's see:
Bottled that massive first leg lead against Barcelona.

Bottled pole position in the race for top 4 because he couldn't get results against relegation fodder.

Got destroyed by a Chelsea team with 1 good player in what was supposed to be his competition, after he bottled the race for top 4 against relegation fodder thus insuring we missed out on CL Football.

Followed that up by alienating players, handing the captaincy to a divisive player, bungling the response to that player's meltdown and then turning us into a glorified Stoke City, playing for draws and literally conceeding more shots than ANYONE in the PL.

All these things achieved mind you while being so unintelligible that neither fans nor players ever had a f*cking clue what he was on about.

That, my friend is why he is thought of as complete sh*t. And why he remains unemployed and probably won't ever get a big job again.
He had his failings but it wasn’t like he inherited a good situation.

Plus I think people over look that both Ljunberg and Arteta initially came in with their own ideas only to end up with similar personnel and formation as him anyways. The main difference is with Özil or without.

You shouldn’t let these players pull the wool over your eyes, they had enough and that was that. They managed 10 games unbeaten last season with the same manager and tbh all that “we are enjoying our football now” nonsense just rings alarm bells to me.

Plus if we properly assessed Emery’s failures you mentioned:
- we were regular Barca whipping boys under Wenger.
- All 4 managers have stuck by Xhaka regardless of the weather
- Captaincy has been a joke under Wenger for donkeys anyways

I could go on and on tbh

These guys made the legendary Wenger look dumb, let’s not pretend Emery had much of a chance with these toxic players.

Last edited:

TornadoTed

Established Member
Who does he really rate do we think? The likes of Luiz, Xhaka and Özil have been first choice for him but it’s hard to judge if that’s due to the other options being **** or not.

Think Nketiah getting PL starts ahead of Lacazette means Lacazette isn’t in his plans going forward.

I don't see a future for AMN and Holding under Mikel, they barely even make the bench.

It doesn't look like he fancies Guendouzi or Lacazette either although maybe it is down to form with Laca and attitude with Guendouzi.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He has stuck with Lacazette and let’s not forget the clubs top scorer is playing LW at the moment. I wouldn’t read much into Eddie starting as lone striker for a couple games. Think it’s just form.

Guendouzi has genuinely regressed, so yeah maybe. It’s hard to tell with Arteta since he praises everyone.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I'm all for supporting Arteta. I wanted him to take over back when Wengs left but people are going a bit overboard about their hopes and expectations for him while bashing Emery to the extreme.

Its total bullshit Emery was backed to the max by the higher ups and there's every possibility of Arteta failing even harder let alone make a European final as well get so close to returning to the CL with the state of the club under Wenger anc Co's final 3 seasons.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If we plan to be decent fans think about it, we've got to send our support to Mikel & get behind him, I hope he's not expected to turn things around within a few months. You've got to look at it realistically, I supported Emery at first but after a while I figured he wasn't the right manager for us & the sooner we got rid of him the better. I can see positive signs in Mikel though certainly, showing faith in our youngsters to rebuild our team around a few young players, Martinelli, Saka, Pepe, Nelson & Willock in particular.

Last edited:

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Unfortunately I can't see a bright future here for a few younger players, Holding for example I think is too injury prone now & hasn't had much of a chance yet, AMN seems to have lost his way under Mikel, Guendouzi is one I'm very unsure about though.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Unfortunately I can't see a bright future here for a few younger players, Holding for example I think is too injury prone now & hasn't had much of a chance yet, AMN seems to have lost his way under Mikel, Guendouzi is one I'm very unsure about though.

All could be sold for decent fees. This wouldn't be terrible in all honesty. We have 2 quality defenders in Salibah and Saka (impossible not to see him as an option) and Willock and ESR look at least Prem quality in midfield. We could easily sell the 3 players you mentioned and it not impact on us.

I'd only back Guendouzi out of the 3 to progress anyway. An academy talent sold for decent money in AMN, we will see at least a 5 times return for what we paid for Holding (at least!) and a huge profit on Guendouzi.

The likes of Saka (provided he signs), Martinelli, ESR, Nketiah and Nelson also have high value.

Wenger boys: Ramsey, Özil, Sanchez, Auba, Koscielny, Bellerin

statDNA signings : Mustafi, Xhaka, Kolasinac,

Gazidis, Sven and Raul boys : Lacazette, Pepe, Leno, Tierney, Guendouzi, Torreira, Luiz, Sokratis, Mari, Soares, Mkhitaryan.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Wenger boys: Ramsey, Özil, Sanchez, Auba, Koscielny, Bellerin

statDNA signings : Mustafi, Xhaka, Kolasinac,

Gazidis, Sven and Raul boys : Lacazette, Pepe, Leno, Tierney, Guendouzi, Torreira, Luiz, Sokratis, Mari, Soares, Mkhitaryan.

Good ebening though.

Top Bottom