• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Santi in his prime was as good as Xavi and iniesta - just never played in an equally strong side.

But showed it quite easy in the national team, that he was running the show when he finally got his chance.

Would be the first midfielder I'd have back from the last decade - just a less injury prone one, please

When Arsène made him our deep playmaker in 2015, probably the last time we played Wengerball when Caz was setting our tempo.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Ramsey, the guy that could barely bring the ball under control after 10 touches?

His touches often looked a bit weird, but if you actually look at it he had a great first touch most of the time.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
His touches often looked a bit weird, but if you actually look at it he had a great first touch most of the time.

Leave it out. His first touch is awful. I remember reading Özil used to take the piss out of him in training by putting a bit of spin on the ball when passing to him and laugh at him trying to control it.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Leave it out. His first touch is awful. I remember reading Özil used to take the piss out of him in training by putting a bit of spin on the ball when passing to him and laugh at him trying to control it.
I've seen him have some very good touches. Like the goal he scored in our 4-3 win over Leicester in 2017.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

One thing I have especially liked about Arteta what he has especially made an effort on improving is the players attitudes in training & in general, how he's stated that the players have to want to play for the club, putting in complete 100% efforts all the time, he'll let them go if they don't put the effort in. How Steve Round has also stated he's made a change in the players attitudes towards one another, for example if a player makes a mistake he (Arteta) won't have others getting angry with them at all, support each other instead. When they make mistakes he'll talk to them & help them improve on what they could have done better in that situation etc.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

I hope se ser more of this, and for those always crying about Mesut, 90% of the Best plays under Mikel were dictated by Özil. Actually ata lot of those plays were wasted by the strykers

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

I hope se ser more of this, and for those always crying about Mesut, 90% of the Best plays under Mikel were dictated by Özil. Actually ata lot of those plays were wasted by the strykers

Hes our attacking midfielder that does very little defensive work and has the most licence to roam, if hes not involved in passing plays then like hed have to be not on the pitch... Hes not doing much there tbh thats special over the course of a season. A lot of chances are wasted by the strikers... but thats the same as every team, you think city get 4 chances and score 4 chances? The difference is their midfielders provide a lot of chances per game, not just one good pass per game. De Bruyne provides chance after chance and thats why hes considered so good, Özil can go entire games without creating one. Maybe its a team thing, maybe its an Özil thing, I know what I think it is.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Hes our attacking midfielder that does very little defensive work and has the most licence to roam, if hes not involved in passing plays then like hed have to be not on the pitch... Hes not doing much there tbh thats special over the course of a season. A lot of chances are wasted by the strikers... but thats the same as every team, you think city get 4 chances and score 4 chances? The difference is their midfielders provide a lot of chances per game, not just one good pass per game. De Bruyne provides chance after chance and thats why hes considered so good, Özil can go entire games without creating one. Maybe its a team thing, maybe its an Özil thing, I know what I think it is.
Are you crying while you write this?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Im assuming he means how much we pay in wages for players because Ive seen very little else to suggest a champions league structure. Player quality isnt champions league level, our contract situations for promotional stuff and with players are badly managed, Artetas coaching staff are mainly people he could get in quickly (they might work out tbf), Darren Burgess was left go after he apparently made a massive improvement to the team over the summer... we gave emery way way way too long when it was clearly not going to work for him and arteta got no time to work with the team before being thrown in to the deep end.

So fkin aggravating. Not that I think Arteta is wrong in what hes saying, we are in a sh#t financial position but its amazing how little hes been given to try and help improve it. A loan move for Soares when weve Bellerin hobbling around the field trying to do as much as he can isnt backing the manager to get champions league.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Darren Burgess was left go after he apparently made a massive improvement to the team over the summer...

Under Darren Burgess we had 3 season ending if not career ending injuries to our players....... when was the last time you have heard of a club that had 2 players out with an ACL injury at the same time? He deserves to be fired just from that, also from how we collapsed at the end of last season.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Under Darren Burgess we had 3 season ending if not career ending injuries to our players....... when was the last time you have heard of a club that had 2 players out with an ACL injury at the same time? He deserves to be fired just from that, also from how we collapsed at the end of last season.
It was kind of our thing to have several career ending injuries at any time before, during and after burgess. Our fitness level completely collapsed after he left and I think arteta mentioned a few times how bad the fitness levels of the players were. Cant even remember who had the ACLs, I think maybe Holding was one, wasnt that caused by that late "tackle" by rashford?

Top Bottom