• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Sure, but a lot of it was down to the players still having some Arsène Wenger drilled on them, coupled with a more "pragmatic" manager.

As soon as the last Arsène philosophy drops ran dry we nose dived a lot because the players just could not understand what Unai wanted from them.

The fact that we look to be recovering mentally is huge in context.

Not only that, but even in the big wins under Emery, such as United at home we got absolutely battered but guys like OnlyOne were too blind to see this.

Against United at home with Arteta I think they had one semi decent chance, but the result was the same and yesterday against Wolves they had one decent chance.

We do look much better I think and theres a good base to build from.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Sure, but a lot of it was down to the players still having some Arsène Wenger drilled on them, coupled with a more "pragmatic" manager.

As soon as the last Arsène philosophy drops ran dry we nose dived a lot because the players just could not understand what Unai wanted from them.

The fact that we look to be recovering mentally is huge in context.

True, it was very obvious he was turning us into an English Sevilla with his horrendous tactics, I was in complete disbelief by new year.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think maybe we should be a little cautious but with Emery you always felt as tho it was more individual quality rather than anything he was doing in terms of structure or tactics. He seemed pretty happy for us to be a reactive team that relied on Auba, Laca and then for a period Ramsey to bail us out pretty much.

Arteta has improved the structure and the foundations first and foremost and comparing the clean sheet records of the two coaches. Also the players seem to be a lot more aware of their specific roles which wasn't always the case under Emery. At times we didn't know if we were pressing, dropping back, or what. Players didn't know where to position themselves when we played out from the back hence why it rarely worked. Yet now you can see from where the players are positioning themselves that there's a much better understanding.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Torreira cost us 5 points in the Chelsea and Sheffield games. Thankfully Arteta dropped him after.

You cannot attribute our league position to one single player ffs.

tenor.gif

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
With Emery it was clearly a communication issue more than anything and the anxiety kept building on leading to a complete breakdown. Emery was just not right for Arsenal but you can also accept his first season was a success to previous seasons while most of the players were **** to begin with and still are. We aren't all that great or worse bar some emergence of young who ironically were pushed ahead by Emery while Arteta's familiarity and communication has helped him put through his plan with the players.

People pretending it's a night and day difference are a bit off.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Not only that, but even in the big wins under Emery, such as United at home we got absolutely battered but guys like OnlyOne were too blind to see this.

Against United at home with Arteta I think they had one semi decent chance, but the result was the same and yesterday against Wolves they had one decent chance.

We do look much better I think and theres a good base to build from.

Perhaps but I don't think we looked that bad in a lot of the big wins, infact Sp**s both home and away and Chelsea at home were particularly impressive under Emery, even the Liverpool draw at home.

United 2-0 under Emery, did was get battered that badly? I remember the Lukaku chance but I thought we did well in that game.

Not trying to defend Emery but in some specific big games we did look pretty good.

Still even in the 21 game unbeaten run we never got a style nailed down. Constant chopping and changing, overall Emery's style concedes far too many chances considering how "cowardly" and pragmatic he is.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Been a while I was last on the forum, too busy doing researches but what a tactical masterclass it was from Arteta yesterday. Now it’s down to the board to back him

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
bottom line is the board were right to appoint him, and we can begin, very cautiously, to hope that our great club will become great again

already I can't imagine any of the other suggested candidates being in Arteta's place - especially that serial loser Mourinho

I totally accept I am being an old romantic, but I feel in my water that Mikel was destined to be our manager and he knows it

Manberg

Predator
What if Kroenke doesn't give Arteta money to spend?

In which case, it's going to be a long process of selling players to get money to reinvest in the team. Liverpool did this but they were lucky because they had star players in Coutinho and Suarez and a club willing to pay big money for them. Our assets don't fetch nearly as high a price.

The reports that Arsenal must sell a player to fund the Partey deal doesn't fill me with encouragement. Kroenke will be of no use at all. Club must try to build without the owner's backing.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Why is this thread filled with posts about that mid table manager? Btw still remember some new accounts here that were opened just to defend him & vanished after he got the sack

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What if Kroenke doesn't give Arteta money to spend?

In which case, it's going to be a long process of selling players to get money to reinvest in the team. Liverpool did this but they were lucky because they had star players in Coutinho and Suarez and a club willing to pay big money for them. Our assets don't fetch nearly as high a price.

The reports that Arsenal must sell a player to fund the Partey deal doesn't fill me with encouragement. Kroenke will be of no use at all. Club must try to build without the owner's backing.

The overall vibe I get is we will spend. The sell to buy is probably to temper other clubs expectations.. Kroenke out money in last summer for Pepe.

We do have 7 senior CB + Mavropanos so we should be selling some. Guendouzi seems to be out the door and Arteta was non-commital when asked about Lacazette so we should be able to raise funds

Aevi

Hale End FC
With Emery it always felt as if he read a book called "How to Manage a Team" and just followed the instructions without having feeling for them. Like with the team cheer before matches, it was so cookie-cutter on improving moral and ignored that players felt it was cringy and uncomfortable. Or in match-prepping for a team, he'd teach the opposition's style but reportedly made the other team appear more threatening by focusing on them. Meanwhile we failed to develop our own identity.

Arteta on the other hand appears to "get it". It's vague to say but I don't get the sense he's over complicating things even if he might get things wrong sometimes. He has an idea, he's learning, going with his gut, and making sensible decisions. I believe in him.

Top Bottom