Mikel Arteta: New Arsenal Head Coach

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Dec 20, 2019.

1. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

What are you playing at with all respect? We are playing much better then we did all season and even in a away match.

Flying Okapis, say yes and Manberg like this.
  2. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Have a cup of tea, and do some yoga. All the suffering you need.

3. Idiotologue

Idiotologue Well-Known Member

See, this is what I mean when I say AFTV isn't really all that unrepresentative of the fanbase as we'd like to think.

Stian likes this.
  4. RandomHero84

RandomHero84 Well-Known Member

What an embarrassment.

Kysus, Flying Okapis, Stian and 4 others like this.
  5. GoodEbening

GoodEbening To Everyone Except Arteta

We're playing ****ing Bournemouth ffs. The board would be delighted with fans like you. How far have we fallen to have fans delighted with this **** ffs

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  6. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

Ah cmone ridiculous

celestis likes this.
  7. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

I can guarantee that this poster will never accept Arteta, no matter what happens.

8. Europebound04

Europebound04 Member

Very noble in giving everyone a clean sheet but it totally ignores the deficiencies of the players which staff like Freddie who has been here for awhile already know. Ignoring their evaluations so that Mikel can 'start again' is just taking us backwards. Mikel will end up making the same evaluations for himself once he sees how **** they are but by that time how many more points will we have dropped? Feel like we are perpetually in a cycle of **** until someone has the balls to take us out of it.

9. Miyata

Miyata Active Member

We must consider this was our Arsenal in AWAY form. He did pretty well for his first game, finally having some ideas and chances from open play.(and no 25 shots on leno)

I can see Arteta fixing Arsenal, love him already.

Stian likes this.
  10. RandomHero84

RandomHero84 Well-Known Member

Thought you could see clear improvement. Disappointing not to win but that was down to poor use of the ball when the chance came. Lacazette looked awful, and Auba not at his best.

Think we'd have seen more goals if Pepe had played, just causes chaos. But I'm sure there's a good reason he didn't.

pigge likes this.
  11. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Its very concerning thatArteta is still starting our worst CB since Squallaci in Luiz.

12. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

Not the right result, but I think that was an incredibly promising first performance.

Tactically spot on with a really interesting set-up, and managed to coax top performances from struggling players like Özil and Xhaka.

13. dka91

dka91 Well-Known Member

But look at how many times we got in behind from his passes, I can see why he started him

14. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Only had a few training sessions and already some clever tactical tweaks were visible. Promising signs.

15. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

Great start. But Bournemouth was sitting deep and didn't press us that much. Will hold on celebration till the next match.

Artisan likes this.
  16. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

Positives:
    - Created more chances than we usually do
    - Conceded fewer chances than we usually do
    - Could be a coincidence but won the ball back a few times high up the pitch
    - Could be a coincidence but midfield was much improved: Xhaka and Torreira had good games. Özil was excellent.
    - Could be a coincidence but I saw a lot more movement off the ball than we usually do with some great chances created to
    - With better finishing/crossing we win this game, not Arteta’s fault if we are missing the personnel right now.

Negatives:
    - Drew against Bournemouth
    - Shocking subs. Pepe came on too late, Willock was shocking and Özil should’ve finished the game. You can argue that he was looking forward to the next games in regards to Özil but we needed the 3 points today.

Hopefully a learning experience for the new man, still very much excited by what he brings.

Thoros_of_ Myr, Aevi, dka91 and 7 others like this.
  17. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Well-Known Member

These guys on this forum are like kids with new toys, they're gonna say it's the best thing ever and ignore all the flaws.

18. Lady_Gooner

Lady_Gooner That's Mrs. Ramsey to you buster!

Nice to feel like we created enough chances to win the game. His hands are tied with this group of players tbh.. can’t imagine how frustrated he felt watching some of those crosses

Also black trousers please Mikel....

19. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Think we could bum Chelsea.

Furious and celestis like this.
  20. JoaoFelix

JoaoFelix Well-Known Member

Arteta positionnal play has arrived. It was like watching city play. Of course everything wasn’t perfect but he been there for a week. There’s a massive improvement.

Kysus, Squillaci, Gooner416 and 4 others like this.