• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
It was still encouraging to see a fair few things change for the better in such a small time frame. When you're up against a **** side like that , though, you'd expect the players to be able to train on their own all week and beat Bournemouth without a manager on the touchline.

In something approaching a normal environment you would be right.

We went a hell of long time under Emery chopping and changing formations, tactics and playing staff with no clear end goal or strategy in site. He didn't have the language skills to build any kind of meaningful working relationship with the players either, to the point where he was getting openly mocked. Even Freddie, who seems a relatively relaxed guy was shocked by it by all accounts. It's not a situation that is going to turn around overnight or even within a handful of games

Gunner-Union

It was still encouraging to see a fair few things change for the better in such a small time frame. When you're up against a **** side like that , though, you'd expect the players to be able to train on their own all week and beat Bournemouth without a manager on the touchline.

And this opinion is what many of our players have and hence why we struggle so much

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
so do we think the players are up for putting in more effort for their new boss? if they are, it would be a double whammy, as not only would it show they have accepted him, but that some at least of the ****ty performances this year were down to a lack of enthusiasm for Emery, and are likely to get better

It seemed like it. Might have been just wishful thinking but much maligned players like Xhaka and Özil did seem to step up a bit while we pressed with more energy. Still have alot of gears to go through so will be interesting to see how they react to this game and how despite the improvement we couldn't get a win. Am still optimistic though (for now)

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Arteta is here for 4 years. We need to get get behind him and trust the process.
I'm sure many do. It doesn't mean you can't be mad when we get awfuk results though. Top 4 was/is still on, and with a decent run we can be back amongst it. We can't win games against fodder though. You can't expect fans to just look to an exciting future and ignore the present.

Gunner-Union

I'm sure many do. It doesn't mean you can't be mad when we get awfuk results though. Top 4 was/is still on, and with a decent run we can be back amongst it. We can't win games against fodder though. You can't expect fans to just look to an exciting future and ignore the present.

Top 4 might be on but we have to start winning from the next game on and go on a great run, I just don’t think we have it in us to do that we are way too limited in midfield and to fragile

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It’s encouraging that we were at least trying to press in the right moments. We’re a long way from the finished product, though. Which was evidenced by Mikel’s frequent signalling/shouting to start the press.

At least we looked for a trigger to press, but he is still signalling our centre backs to push with the press as they are so reluctant.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Cannot believe how bad the situation has become that he's thrown into now.
Especially in regard to the timing of our matches as the cherry on top.

You cannot get a much bigger challenge than that. It could break almost any top manager.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Only thing I am going to say is Arteta will do great here. This season was over since we hired Emery. So this is the result of that bad decision, but today things are going to get better and better. Maybe a little slow, but use your freaking brain... none can convert this team in Barcelona in one week.

So stop saying non sense about Arteta after one draw. Keep the shiit in your head where it belongs.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Arteta is here for 4 years. We need to get get behind him and trust the process.

I am on board I saw enough today that I can say he will be a succes. I wanted him when Emery was fired straight away exciting times.

Note: I am ****ing happy that we signed him.

sykesy69

I love Arteta but I think the only blemish on today was the subs.
Look what was on the bench though, bit hamstrung with the squad depleted at the moment. Possibly Pepe could have been brought on sooner, but then maybe we don't get the equaliser. All ifs and buts imo.

At least there is a clear identity to what was happening out there and the more that becomes muscle memory, the slicker the play will become. Unfortunately it will take a bit of time and patience...

Kysus

Given the massive improvements with barely 1(one! ) week to work his godlike magic yet I can seriously see us still compete for 4th.
Once our attack(w Martinelli and Pepe) starts to click we are going to run havoc on a lot of teams.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
so do we think the players are up for putting in more effort for their new boss? if they are, it would be a double whammy, as not only would it show they have accepted him, but that some at least of the ****ty performances this year were down to a lack of enthusiasm for Emery, and are likely to get better

From what I've heard Arteta has made it clear that effort is expected at all times, its actually crazy how a manager has to make that clear but it appears they are willing to do that or they are out.

this man agrees with you

Glad to hear Özil say that, I imagine he has a good understanding and intelligence of football and its good to hear that Arteta is inspiring them.

Top Bottom