• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Not much you can do with a Torreira- Guendouzi pivot tbf and with Özil tiring we couldn’t keep hold of the ball.. I don’t think it was by choice we looked so defensive 2nd half.
Just like Lacazette, Aubameyang can’t keep the ball for more than 3 seconds, they are so easy to defend against. Lacking the skill set to protect the ball or to beat defenders with skills. Whenever they have the ball, they rush it and we lost possession. No place for them in a possession based team. And Lacazette without finishing is finished.

Nelson level of dribbling is alright but far from fearing the defenders. He has to start passing the ball and stop thinking he is Messi.

Saka was exhausted. Should have been subbed. For the second goal, if you see the replay, the moment we lost the ball, Saka was with Willian, we were not in too much of a numerical disadvantage at the back. But the moment Saka lost Willian, Luiz has to leave Abraham to cover Saka for Willian, that left Mustafi on his own with Abraham.

Torreira, Guendouzi and Willock. Just can they consider the overall team shape when attacking? Can they have a defensive transition in mind when they are positioning themselves in attacking? If one has pushed up can the other one stays a bit back?

Leno mistake was embarrassing, no Chelsea players around him giving him pressure and yet he still makes this kind of low level error.

Arteta has to be blamed too. Will write about that later.

Last edited:

Vanpayslip

For me it was simple. Arteta suffered the same fate the last two managers did and what any other manager would have. He set up the team correct and then two players made two mistakes.

It highlights the poor quality of players in the squad.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Players like Guendouzi Willock Nelson shouldn't be playing this much anyway. Saka I get it, unfortunate to have both LBs out at the same time. But a club of this stature should have better options than them for PL games. Complete recruitment failure. Fitness team have gone back to their previous standards with all these injuries

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Damn this is gonna be a mountain to climb for Big Mik.

I just hope results start picking up, otherwise it's gonna be hard to sell the idea to these players, like he's been saying. Whilst most of them are crap and easily replaceable, we can't sell a whole squad, unfortunately.

I guess, since this season is more or less about damage control, the kids getting chances instead of going on loan isn't that bad. Still, the Nelson over Pepe decision remains a mystery.

The early signs are good though. He's inexperienced himself, so he'll hopefully get better as he goes.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not helped by fixtures and f**king injures too we got manutd home crystal Palace and Chelsea away can't build any momentum

Pepes blue pill

Nelson did well in the first half. I think it’s simple. Nelson is more adaptable to Arteta's tactics.

Pepe needs to learn not to stand players just so he can try a trick to beat them before arteta will take to him in my opinion, needs to learn to use his pace better, even ronaldinho didnt try tricks every time

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Lets ****ing buy this guy at least a defender and a DM.

Fed up of this crap, we're always in an injury crisis so it looks like we need to buy more players than our rivals, buy ****ing 10 CBs and 11 LBs

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You look at the forum page with all the players threads in and I don't look at any and think, "you're fantastic at football".

Feel nothing positive to the majority and it's because they're mediocre. Totally and utterly

Arteta will struggle unless he's allowed to overhaul​

Justin1986

We had a great opening 35 minutes, lost control after Jorgino was subbed on but still kept a decent shape, looked comfortable throughout and limited their
Promising signs.
Totally agree, think the substitution surprised and through us a little bit , last season we stuck Ramsey
On him and didn’t give him a second , unfortunately we have knowone to do that role now and the bench is depressing

darkgunner

He's trying to change things and implement a superior style but the squad isn't there yet, just like Klopp in 2015/16 and Guardiola in 2016/17.

We need to get rid of the error prone and the deadwood, starting next month. Hopefully by the summer the likes of Mustafi, Xhaka, Özil, Luiz, Sokratis are all gone or properly replaced.

Justin1986

Shouldn't have sat back that early. The players don't have the tactical intelligence to keep in shape for 70 minutes so stick to what you know best and try to attack as before.
Worrying that he failed to react to Lampard's change but it's probably a lack of options on the bench. Needs a good high volume passer in that midfield.
To be fair the tactical intelligence was there until the Leno error as they didn’t have a clear cut chance before that , agree with midfielder and lack of options from bench , Willock is as clueless as guendouzi

Fallout

the season is a writeoff.

arteta should not be judged on results but rather on his ability to bring about a coherent, sensible tactical identity. so far his ideas look promising imo and i'm ready to get behind him for a while.

unlike freddie, who seemed to have a lack of ideas beyond continuation of trend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom