Mikel Arteta: New Arsenal Head Coach

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

:lol:

Isn’t that the assistant of David Moyes?

Lovely stuff.

Garrincha and al-Ustaadh like this.
  2. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Pep said it on Sky. Said it doesn’t mean a 57 year old will be better than a 37 year old just because of age.

3. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

I would be fascinated to see that line-up deployed in the PL, could see them produce some great football.

4. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Nice to see you on the train mate.

5. ChefMan21

ChefMan21 Well-Known Member

Pretty excited. Not my first choice but a lot of very good managers have backed him (Poch, Pep, Wenger, Emery), as have some really good players like Sane.

6. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

I know mate, posted 30 pages ago on the other thread. :lol:

al-Ustaadh likes this.
  7. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

The problem look at defense and midfield you can't play Xhaka there he slow and he'll get out passed easily Ceballos Özil and front 3 are exciting on paper

8. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

You could play that team at the Emirates imo, might need to change it up away from home. Xhaka will probably leave anyway.

yousif_arsenal likes this.
  9. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Trusted

Can use some people who live and worked with real people and not just pampered stars that do not understand graft and hard work..
    I don’t understand this logic, do you realise how hard these guys would have had to work to reach the level they have? I’d bet anything that the ‘pampered stars’ have worked harder and been more dedicated about football than players in lower leagues.

@krengon Arsène himself has said one of the big differences between European top flight football and south American is how players are trained. At top flight academies it's unspoiled pitches where all the gear is provided for them. Everything they need is handed to them. Go lower down the leagues where players train on council pitches, have to provide their own gear dont have state of the art facilities it's a world of a difference.

So the idea of someone coming from Brentwood or wherever where players are in a world of a difference may be a reality check for some players so far removed from broken down buses changing rooms with cold water etc.

Yes some players at the top are immensely talented. And theyve worked hard. But they know no other life. And I think it's good Arteta is bringing in a coach with a different life experience or coaching environment from what the playing staff are use to.

Go see some of the early Rob Holding interviews or when Theo or the Ox joined and how they speak about the jump from Southampton/Bolton to Arsenal.

10. Idiotologue

Idiotologue Well-Known Member

City were left stunned that Mikel Arteta won the league with Arsenal without informing them first

11. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

The thing is, prior to Pep coming to City the idea of playing both Silva and KDB in a midfield 3 would have been viewed as insane. In the 15/16 season it was usually one at number 10 and the other out wide. But Pep decided to play them both in the "free 8's" role.

Not sure if it'll be Xhaka at 6 tho, especially with these rumours of him leaving. Probably would go with Torreira as the safe option even if he lacks in terms of passing ability, unless Arteta can work some magic on Guendouzi in terms of his positioning and awareness.

Makingtrax and Garrincha like this.
  12. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

very interesting stuff - thanks for posting

my kneejerk thoughts are that Auba is going to hate him, but I have hopes for Özil if Arteta wants him

and the youngsters may not like his style after Freddie, but hopefully will appreciate a stricter regime if they are serious about their football careers

13. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

Plastic City and their fans be like:

[​IMG]

14. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Are those coaches Arteta's picks or did Vinai/Raul sign them?

15. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

You just get the feeling there’s a managerial genius in Arteta. When we were first linked with him I had a few doubts. Then I took a few things into consideration:

-He’s a well spoken, intelligent student of the game. Evidenced by his seamless transition from CAM/RW to DLP.

-He has proven leadership qualities. He was a well respected captain here, often captained Everton and was the skipper who lifted the FA Cup which ended our excruciating trophy drought.

-Pep didn’t hesitate to name him as his no.2. The minute Arteta hung up his boots Pep moved swiftly to get him on board. Regardless of what you think of Pep he knows a thing or two about coaching- he clearly rates Arteta for good reason. Just look at how unhappy Pep is with Arteta’s departure, he’s a key component.

-Mikel is ex Barca and Arsenal. He’s Spanish and played the majority of his career in the PL. There’s no doubt in my mind one of the stipulations of his appointment is to play an attractive brand of football and Arteta himself will want to play football in the right way.

Of course, he’ll need time. But I’ve got faith he can be a massive success here. Our season starts now.

16. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

This guy could be the stuff of legends. He has all the qualities we need.

But I fear for him. The squad has injuries and is full of weaknesses. He's taking a massive risk with his career, from a very safe position.

Fans need to give him a chance ffs

Elwood and El Granit-Coq like this.
  17. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Delighted we have a new permanent manager. Experienced or none doesnt matter. You have to get experience somewhere. Gets my backing.

18. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

It'll be Arteta.

19. Marjorie

Marjorie Well-Known Member

Round will be someone Arteta knows very well from their years at Everton. Not sure about the goalkeeping coach and their connection other than both being Spaniards.

20. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

Both KDB and silva work hard defensively even though it’s not their natural game and have a powerful dm with them. Not sure our midfielders have that work rate or energy to get back they just seem to give up. Maybe Mikel can get the focused better who knows

YeahBee likes this.