• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
This is correct. I'm fully backing him, this team is unsaveable as it stands unless you put Klopp or Simeone in charge.

However it is difficult not to be a bit pissed off at Mikel
for his persistence with some of the utter dross, and the super late substitutions when things aren't working.

At least he's started dropping Lacazette for Eddie.

That is perfectly reasonable. You can back the manager while still criticising some aspect of his managing.

I totally back Arteta as I believe any mamager deserves to get adequate time to show what he can do. Just like you there are some things that I didn't like. For example in our last game why did he switch to a 3 at the back late in the game? It just seemed to confuse our players. If you look at the last goal, when the cross comes in, only the 3 CB's are stationed in our box. There is no one stationed at the right side of our defence. That is where the RB should have been. Im guessing whoever was meant to play RWB forgot their position. It just created confusion. Why did we only have 3 players defending a cross in the last minute? Also the organisation at set pieces was abysmal. That surely is the responsibility of the manager.

I'm sure Arteta will learn from this and hopefully the organisation will be much better in the future.

Just because a manager turns to be a failure doesn't mean you were right to get on his back from the start.

Why not? I never felt like Emery and Arsenal were a good fit. It was very obvious almost in the first month of here that Emery was not coming here to grow and become a manager of a big club, it always felt that Emery wanted to bring Arsenal down to Sevilla level so it would be better marriage for him. But for us? No.

But I still talked about he needed 2 years even if I was suffering everyday. We sacked him too late and paid heavily for that. It will take Hercules grip to heal some of the damage he did.

With Arteta it feels a lot more natural for Arsenal. Even there is a lot of work to do I will have faith and hope we stick with him for at least 2-3 seasons! I think he has big potential as manager but it wont be obvious until our club is out of red zone and that will take some time!

Ashybashy86

Out of his depth. Decent coach, not ready for top level management. This will be a good experience for him, but not us.
Unpopular opinion, but I completely agree. His in-game management is lacking. We've seen that with his bizarre subs. Of course he will improve, but I don't think this was the right time for a trial by fire.

On one hand, he inherited a squad with a piece of **** midfield comprised of 2 kids in Willock and Gwen, not replacing Ramsey, who was always a goal threat and the only one taking risks, Özil, who's washed up and Xhaka, who...well, what is there to say that hasn't been said about him?

However, to not bring someone in January, when you've seen us struggle to create all season long and the same thing continued to happen after you took over is criminal, especially since the EL was our last shot of getting a CL spot.

The club is a shambles right now. An identity crisis that will continue to last for at least another year until we find our footing, but I'm not holding my breath that Mikel will fix this clusterfuck of a situation or be here in one year if we continue with these results.
I was hoping we would have rivaled united for Fernandez as a Rambo replacement and get back to em for Zaha. High time we get ruthless in the transfer market

In that behind the scenes documentary about Man City, one time after a bad result Pep told the players he would always defend them to the press but in the dressing room he would tell them the truth. Arteta probably follows that school of thought.
Absolutely my thoughts. He has shown his ruthlessness by benching the lazy and uncooperative without airing them out to dry in public

Reactions: A_G

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Unpopular opinion, but I completely agree. His in-game management is lacking. We've seen that with his bizarre subs. Of course he will improve, but I don't think this was the right time for a trial by fire.
I feel the same way. I don't think Mikel will last too long here under these dire circumstances.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
You can’t mask a team of inadequates with great management and coaching forever... It will slip from time to time as you hopefully stay in the upward trajectory.You can learn from losing too. Its important not to lose all hope when it happens. Who thought we were never going to lose again?

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Perhaps we can grow together?
source.gif

Wagwaan

I'm a big fan of Arteta and think he was the right appointment assuming he gets the time to fully implement his ideas. His mannerisms are on point. My only gripe would be his in game management. Olympiakos game was the prime example. He tried changing the shape rather than bring on Gabi for a uninspiring Laca. It looked an obvious decision. This is where he has to learn. But I back him all the way.

It is, of course, unfair to hold Arteta accountable for the mess he inherited. But that does not mean he was the right appointment - far from it. He signals more of the same - tippy-tappy, lightweight, "possession" football. He also represents a "safe" option, rather than someone like Simeone who would, completely change the philosophy of the team and also be equippted to stand up to the Kronkes and the other people in the hierarchy who dictate who we sign and the contract structure.

We need a revolution if we are ever to return to the top table. Arteta may be a competent (if inexperienced) technical coach, but he does not represent that revolution in any way, shape or form.

There is no money to do this. Ramsey is better than Fernandes, just can’t stay fit.
Rambo is good but he is no longer our player and we need to replace with similar if not higher quality player. That costs money and very likely big money.

We can't keep saying we have no money to get proper players in and we keep losing our best players for peanuts or nothing at all. Otherwise, we will become a mid-table team and take ages to get back, if ever like Pool.

Manberg

Predator
It is, of course, unfair to hold Arteta accountable for the mess he inherited. But that does not mean he was the right appointment - far from it. He signals more of the same - tippy-tappy, lightweight, "possession" football. He also represents a "safe" option, rather than someone like Simeone who would, completely change the philosophy of the team and also be equippted to stand up to the Kronkes and the other people in the hierarchy who dictate who we sign and the contract structure.

We need a revolution if we are ever to return to the top table. Arteta may be a competent (if inexperienced) technical coach, but he does not represent that revolution in any way, shape or form.

I don’t want Simeone and his boring brand of football anywhere near our club. Another Mourinho.

Manberg

Predator
Rambo is good but he is no longer our player and we need to replace with similar if not higher quality player. That costs money and very likely big money.

We can't keep saying we have no money to get proper players in and we keep losing our best players for peanuts or nothing at all. Otherwise, we will become a mid-table team and take ages to get back, if ever like Pool.

Where’s that money going to come from? If Auba is sold in the summer that’s £50m max due to having one year left. We don’t have much sellable assets.

Where’s that money going to come from? If Auba is sold in the summer that’s £50m max due to having one year left. We don’t have much sellable assets.
Midfield is the biggest area we need to address imo. You don't think that we cannot afford a single marquee signing in that area, do you?

GoodEbening

To Everyone Except Arteta
I can't believe the Chief Sheep Gdeep has the audacity to discredit Auba after the numerous times he saved our arses this season just to shill his messiah Arteta. This is ****ing ridiculous. Are you a Spud troll or something? Auba has been banging goals lately even though that scrub Arteta played him on the ****ing wing instead of playing him as a central striker. If not for Auba we would have been in the relegation zone already Get a grip on yourself and f-off with your Arteta fetish. Imagine ****ting on the player who has contributed so much to the team all season.This is ****ing revolting. You are a disgrace.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I can't believe the Chief Sheep Gdeep has the audacity to discredit Auba after the numerous times he saved our arses this season just to shill his messiah Arteta. This is ****ing ridiculous. Are you a Spud troll or something? Auba has been banging goals lately even though that scrub Arteta played him on the ****ing wing instead of playing him as a central striker. If not for Auba we would have been in the relegation zone already Get a grip on yourself and f-off with your Arteta fetish. Imagine ****ting on the player who has contributed so much to the team all season.This is ****ing revolting. You are a disgrace.
Howcome you only post when Arteta loses a game? Which is only twice now?

Support your team and get behind your manager.

Top Bottom