• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

GoodEbening

To Everyone Except Arteta
Howcome you only post when Arteta loses a game? Which is only twice now?

Support your team and get behind your manager.

How about you get behind performing players who do not deserve to be **** at? You can take that back and stop ****ting on performing players just to shill Arteta. His tactics and use of subs has been abysmal. You aint no fan, you are a Kroenke sheep and Arteta fanboy. Seeing your posts makes me puke.

Reactions: A_G

GoodEbening

Howcome you only post when Arteta loses a game? Which is only twice now?

Support your team and get behind your manager.

How many draws have we got? How many times have Auba bailed us out this season when we were struggling upfront with Arteta's pointless sideways and backwards passing tactic? And you still have the cheek to **** on Auba? You are disgusting. Yeah Arteta is so great, even ****ing emery got us to the final and under Arteta we struggle against ****ing Olympiakos at home playing keep-ball in our own half? You like that don't you?

GDeep™

League is very weak
How many draws have we got? How many times have Auba bailed us out this season when we were struggling upfront with Arteta's pointless sideways and backwards passing tactic? And you still have the cheek to **** on Auba? You are disgusting. Yeah Arteta is so great, even ****ing emery got us to the final and under Arteta we struggle against ****ing Olympiakos at home playing keep-ball in our own half? You like that don't you?

Arteta can only be fully judged after he’s allowed to sign some players in the summer. So far, he’s done a brilliant job.

GoodEbening

Arteta can only be fully judged after he’s allowed to sign some players in the summer. So far, he’s done a brilliant job.

"Brilliant" lmao. Are you that dense/deluded or just baiting mate? Then Emery who got us the final with the same team is a footballing genius I reckon?

GDeep™

League is very weak
"Brilliant" lmao. Are you that dense/deluded or just baiting mate? Then Emery who got us the final with the same team is a footballing genius I reckon?
We stagnated with Emery from midway last season.

You not giving Arteta any leeway having to come in mid season into a struggling club?

GoodEbening

We stagnated with Emery from midway last season.

You not giving Arteta any leeway having to come in mid season into a struggling club?

Why should I shield him mindlessly like you? I am a supporter of the club and not a fanboy of Arteta like you mate. His awful tactics and recent results does not disallow me to critique his performances. Even Emery got more points(gasp!)/game before Arteta took over. Don't lecture me on team support when you are the one who have the cheek to discredit Auba who is arguably our top performer just to shield your boy Arteta. Your hypocrisy is revolting.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I can't believe the Chief Sheep Gdeep has the audacity to discredit Auba after the numerous times he saved our arses this season just to shill his messiah Arteta. This is ****ing ridiculous. Are you a Spud troll or something? Auba has been banging goals lately even though that scrub Arteta played him on the ****ing wing instead of playing him as a central striker. If not for Auba we would have been in the relegation zone already Get a grip on yourself and f-off with your Arteta fetish. Imagine ****ting on the player who has contributed so much to the team all season.This is ****ing revolting. You are a disgrace.
My vote would go on deluded troll...

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Why not? I never felt like Emery and Arsenal were a good fit. It was very obvious almost in the first month of here that Emery was not coming here to grow and become a manager of a big club, it always felt that Emery wanted to bring Arsenal down to Sevilla level so it would be better marriage for him. But for us? No.

But I still talked about he needed 2 years even if I was suffering everyday. We sacked him too late and paid heavily for that. It will take Hercules grip to heal some of the damage he did.

With Arteta it feels a lot more natural for Arsenal. Even there is a lot of work to do I will have faith and hope we stick with him for at least 2-3 seasons! I think he has big potential as manager but it wont be obvious until our club is out of red zone and that will take some time!

I agree fully with this.

Funnily I didn't even have that feeling about Emery tbh. Maybe it's because it's the first time we've had a new manager in such a long time, but I thought he could do well with us eventually, albeit the fact that we still looked bad after the first month or so was worrying.

Towards the end of even the first season it was obvious to many that he just wasn't the right guy. Again I was happy for him to get the 2nd season, but in hindsight that was probably incorrect thinking on my part. It would've been a bold move but we should've just moved him on when he lost the EL final.

With Arteta, for me, things are a lot different. Look it's just not possible for us to totally remove all previous weaknesses/fragility and every single manager will have their flaws. But it's very obvious that Arteta has a clear style of play that he prefers, it's obvious on the pitch too. Ok we don't always perform to that level but we know what he wants to do.

It's clear his style of play fits us as a club, it's clear he has the right mentality about how things should be; expectations, the attitude players should have. Like honestly we struck out that Arteta is actually good in regards to this and it's obvious the players buy in.

Yes ok, Thursday was poor, but again, let's compare him to someone with a similar strong style of play and I don't think Potch ever progressed past the round of 16 of the EL. He first season was rocky too, why? Because it's impossible to be perfect.

Yes, Arteta most definitely needs to improve his substitutions, both the timing, and picking the right players. Yes we've looked bad set piece wise in the last two games, but it's a work in progress and I don't buy that "he's learning on the job", "he's not ready", well he sure as sh!t has things better together than Emery did if we're being honest.

Arteta is 100% the right guy given the circumstances for me, we just need shrewd investment (which well, do I even trust Raul for that?) and he'll prove to be very good for us.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Emery didn’t lose the final, his record in that competition is solid, he’s actually done things in UEFA cup unlike these lot he inherited.

The players on the pitch lost that final. The toxic environment drove Emery to make mistakes and lose his way, but he’s not a bad coach.

Arteta is doing a great job. A fantastic job even. However, the same will eventually happen to him. The media, the players, the fans - will be too much for him.
He’s a thousand times better with the media though so who knows. I just feel his reliance on some of the senior players who don’t deserve his trust will let him down and he is going to look like a mug pretty soon.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I don’t see a heel turn, I see more people saying Arteta is the right guy.

That guy sh*tting on Arteta never posts, only after a loss.

My stance has been consistent, Emery wasn’t right for us but I don’t think everything was entirely his fault. The two managers who come after have pretty much copied his homework and have come to the same conclusions he did. In my eyes the only real substantial difference is alienate Özil or embrace Özil. Oh, and how the media was handled.
Emery was a supply teacher, Arteta is way stronger in that regard.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Honestly excited to see what Arteta can do with a full pre-season + transfers. Obviously there's a lot of work to do in terms of individual quality in the squad, especially defensively, but you have a decent crop of young players for the first time in ages and Saliba coming in.

I'd cash in on any player who still has a lot of transfer value over the age of 26 and spend that money in key areas. You won't turn into a surefire top 4 side in a summer but you can definitely start building the foundation to do so.

Someone like Auba really doesn't fit in. Quality player but he's at his peak while every other exciting player in the squad is years away from theirs. Considering you can probably get a decent chunk for him in the summer, I think selling him to give Arteta an actual transfer budget would be the right thing to do.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Some of the guys on here are overreacting a lot. We have been hit pretty badly with injuries. Arteta will have Holding, Tierney, Saliba, Mari and some more next season.

Even Crystal fcuking Palace managed to keep guys like Zaha, Benteke and whatnot for more than three seasons.

Arsenal will never not be a big club, guys.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He needs to be ruthless now. Özil and Lacazette simply aren't contributing enough.

We need to get Auba, Pepe, Martinelli and Saka all on the pitch at the same time. They are primary goal scorers and assisters. We need them close to goal and we need to back them up with a unit that can win the ball back and pass them the ball. Play the players who are physically fit.

Saka--------------------Auba--------------------Pepe
------------------------Martinelli
---------------Ceballos-------Torreira
-Tierney----Mari----------Luiz-------AMN
--------------------------Leno

Bellerin needs to be in and out, Xhaka is redundant if Mari, Tierney, Luiz and Ceballos start. Do we actually need a 10, or cant we just give it to our wingers and let them beat their man. That seems more likely than Özil doing something meaningful. Why not give Martinelli license to wreak havoc with his movement. He can pop up all across the front line and arrive late in the box. I also think his potential to see a pass is underrated.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Some of the guys on here are overreacting a lot. We have been hit pretty badly with injuries. Arteta will have Holding, Tierney, Saliba, Mari and some more next season.

Even Crystal fcuking Palace managed to keep guys like Zaha, Benteke and whatnot for more than three seasons.

Arsenal will never not be a big club, guys.
Please don't include Holding.

bandaid

I agree fully with this.

Funnily I didn't even have that feeling about Emery tbh. Maybe it's because it's the first time we've had a new manager in such a long time, but I thought he could do well with us eventually, albeit the fact that we still looked bad after the first month or so was worrying.

Towards the end of even the first season it was obvious to many that he just wasn't the right guy. Again I was happy for him to get the 2nd season, but in hindsight that was probably incorrect thinking on my part. It would've been a bold move but we should've just moved him on when he lost the EL final.

With Arteta, for me, things are a lot different. Look it's just not possible for us to totally remove all previous weaknesses/fragility and every single manager will have their flaws. But it's very obvious that Arteta has a clear style of play that he prefers, it's obvious on the pitch too. Ok we don't always perform to that level but we know what he wants to do.

It's clear his style of play fits us as a club, it's clear he has the right mentality about how things should be; expectations, the attitude players should have. Like honestly we struck out that Arteta is actually good in regards to this and it's obvious the players buy in.

Yes ok, Thursday was poor, but again, let's compare him to someone with a similar strong style of play and I don't think Potch ever progressed past the round of 16 of the EL. He first season was rocky too, why? Because it's impossible to be perfect.

Yes, Arteta most definitely needs to improve his substitutions, both the timing, and picking the right players. Yes we've looked bad set piece wise in the last two games, but it's a work in progress and I don't buy that "he's learning on the job", "he's not ready", well he sure as sh!t has things better together than Emery did if we're being honest.

Arteta is 100% the right guy given the circumstances for me, we just need shrewd investment (which well, do I even trust Raul for that?) and he'll prove to be very good for us.

Arteta is the right man, but he needs to build his team and staff. He has to find his own voice and trust his judgement, and back his vision.
A team like he picked against Olympiakos was not innovative or cutting edge. There needs to be good balance of flair, pace, youth, trickery and cutting edge. Ceballos, Özil, Pepe, Laca, Auba was overkill.

Top Bottom