• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The football was better under Freddie imo. That West Ham game when he unleashed Martinelli-Auba-Pepe with Özil behind. :drool:
This is the most balanced attack we had even without Özil you'd expect Pepe/Willian Auba Saka to preform better

Need to stick with him. Have faith, he is a correct manager for us and learning.

We are finally signing good players but we need better attackers and good partner for Gabriel. Better GK. A lot of work needed to be done.

But we have to start getting better at attacking ASAP. Develop now. Next season we will hopefully see back of Özil, Mustafi, Lacazette, Leno, etc... Improve. Trust the process.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Peak Welbeck would have been perfect for the Arteta system, would have us as a significantly better team imo.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Need to stick with him. Have faith, he is a correct manager for us and learning.

We are finally signing good players but we need better attackers and good partner for Gabriel. Better GK. A lot of work needed to be done.

But we have to start getting better at attacking ASAP. Develop now. Next season we will hopefully see back of Özil, Mustafi, Lacazette, Leno, etc... Improve. Trust the process.
Why is he correct manager? Is his tactics right for us or is this we keep him and have faith and he will become opposite of what he is? It’s the wrong manager with the wrong tactics. Honestly if this continues I would sack him within 3 games. Luck is not tactics you can rely on

Why is he correct manager? Is his tactics right for us or is this we keep him and have faith and he will become opposite of what he is? It’s the wrong manager with the wrong tactics. Honestly if this continues I would sack him within 3 games. Luck is not tactics you can rely on

The tactics will improve. I have faith that Arteta can turn this around. The only mistake so far was not binning Leno and keeping Martinez.

We are still lacking in certain areas but when Özil is gone we will hopefully have money to find partner for Gabriel, a midfielder with Partey and new striker.

Manberg

Predator
The tactics will improve. I have faith that Arteta can turn this around. The only mistake so far was not binning Leno and keeping Martinez.

We are still lacking in certain areas but when Özil is gone we will hopefully have money to find partner for Gabriel, a midfielder with Partey and new striker.

A striker, a right winger and a midfielder are of the utmost importance in my opinion. Arteta needs his own attack. Not the flops of his predecessors.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
“My philosophy will be clear,” he said. “I want the football to be expressive, entertaining. I cannot have a concept of football where everything is based on the opposition.

“We have to dictate the game, we have to be the ones taking the initiative, and we have to entertain the people coming to watch us.

What the hell happened?
I was thinking about all the talk that he wants the team to play a certain way, do this and that, but all I see is a Tony Pulis copycat.
Sure, he worked out the defense to a degree, but going forward we're at an all time low.

Reactions: Kav

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Clive speaking sense once again. We need to stop our reliance on Xhaka for our build-up. Arteta has to stop shifting Auba around, I think he's starting to not give an arse about it.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Bottom line is we’re just not very good. Arteta comes across as smart, and communicates well, but I have failed to see a material impact since he has joined. He has lifted the club with his words but our football is still relatively poor. Let’s see what happens in the next few months.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Artetas 2 signings from our 1st 11.

Partey
Gabriel

Are we happy with them?

Have a bit of patience.

Laca
Pépé

Dross.

1 transfer window and 2 excellent 1st team signings.

The forward players will come.

Give him at least 3 transfer windows like most managers get.

Manberg

Predator
Imagine Arteta got his funding and his pick of attacking players to bring in like Lampard has? If Arteta had that kind of backing we’d be challenging for the league. Instead he’s trying to make the most of the dross he has. Can anyone blame him because things aren’t going so smooth so soon in his managerial career?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
2019/20
RW/LW - 15 goals with an xG of 9.02
FW - 7 goals with an xG of 6.94

2018/19
RW/LW - 3 goals with an xG of 2.03
FW - 14 goals with an xG of 16.11

2017/18
RW/LW - 3 goals with an xG of 2.64
FW - 20 goals with an xG of 23.11

2016/17
FW - 30 goals with an xG of 30.88

2015/16
FW - 23 goals with an xG of 26.09

Last seasons goal scoring record was an anomaly. The stats show he has never outperformed his xG anywhere close to that. He was scoring a lot of goals that he had no right scoring. His whole career has been about being in the right position and putting away chances and he’s now being asked to feed off scraps or create something out of nothing. It worked for the first 15 games under Arteta but it’s simply not sustainable, especially for a player as limited as Auba.

Great post

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
First big question I have with Arteta is the Saliba situation.

Gabriel: 3000 minutes of Ligue 1 experience = Instant starter.

Saliba: 2300 minutes of Ligue 1 experience = needs a loan.

Now, this wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't for the fact that you still have Mustafi getting minutes, a player who is by all accounts not good enough. I get that Saliba is young, but no one is asking for him to be a guaranteed starter, but you have a lot of football to play this season and there would be a lot of minutes for him across competitions.

I don't get it.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby

Now, this wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't for the fact that you still have Mu

Now, this wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't for the fact that you still have Mustafi getting minutes, a player who is by all accounts not good enough. I get that Saliba is young, but no one is asking for him to be a guaranteed starter, but you have a lot of football to play this season and there would be a lot of minutes for him across competitions.

I don't get it.

stafi getting minutes, a player who is by all accounts not good enough. I get that Saliba is young, but no one is asking for him to be a guaranteed starter, but you have a lot of football to play this season and there would be a lot of minutes for him across competitions.

I don't get it.
Lot more personal issues with Saliba.
Google it

Manberg

Predator

I don't get it.

A valid question. But Arteta’s in the perfect place to judge Saliba’s mentality and readiness by observing him in training. There’s also personal issues that have been an obstacle.

Why don’t West Ham sign him on loan?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom