<

Mikel Arteta: Serial Non-Negotiator

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Dec 20, 2019.

?

Do you believe Arteta will turn it around?

1. Yes, I still have 100% faith in him

12.1%
  2. Yes, but my confidence in him has decreased this season

10.6%
  3. No, he should go imminently

18.2%
  4. No, but he should stay on until his position becomes untenable

37.9%
  5. Give him the rest of the season no matter what

21.2%
  1. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Honestly I keep saying, these things are all swings and rounabouts. Coaches who are ahead of the game will start looking at creative players again. With so many generic pressing teams ,if you have a team that can around or through presses you basically dominate the league.

2. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Also I used to hate when in his later years Wenger would chuck all our strikers on the pitch at once when we were chasing a goal.

We did exactly the same thing today, a front three of Auba - Nketiah - Laca offers you no creativity at all.

3. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

At least it was positive, that it was much closer to a 4-3-3 with the ball today. On the other side i think he is still scared, the our defensive stability will suffer with 4 at the back, so he still tried to get Xhaka as third CB. Tierney was much more dangerous as real fullback.

Things i still would like to see:

1. Auba as striker (the obvious one)
    2. Saliba ahead of Mustafi at least, Holding and Luiz did great in the last weeks
    3. Consequences of poor performances. Willian, Pepe and Laca had poor performances, but for example Nelson will get a start ahead of them. He was good in his last matches and was frozen out since then, completely not understandable for me. If Willian and Pepe would have been great in the same time, no problem. But Arteta isn't risking much (the same with Saliba).

4. RandomHero84

RandomHero84 Well-Known Member

Rigid, boring, with an alarming lack of intensity as we got later in to the game. I desperately want Arteta to do well, but we are gonna score so few goals like this our defence has to be perfect.

5. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Sideways and backwards passing, 3 midfielders basically sitting. Auba out on the right.

Took Dani 12 months to play a good game last season, he’s been crap this season, but no non negotiating for him.

Other than Saka we have no creative player, the one that we do have is frozen out.

mazinarsenal1988 and kash2 like this.
  6. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Utd, Leeds, Villa coming up. Luiz is injured.

Couple of defeats there for sure.

Could be holding 5/6 defeats before Christmas.

Aubamagoal and Wrighty4eva like this.
  7. Manberg

Manberg Predator

You keep predicting us to lose and we lose, because you’re so masterful. Please predict some wins for Arsenal and it may come true. Arsenal needs you @GDeep™ . Be a friend not a foe.

8. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

I predicted us to get 4th. Can’t predict a bigger win then that. Looks like I was wrong as usual.

9. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Should get battered by Leeds. Utd will run Mustafi ragged too.

We obviously aren’t creating anything.

10. Godwin1

Godwin1 Very well-known

No I remember you were uncertain of him, goes without saying we back him now long term. It's funny to see others on this thread who were aggressively pro-Arteta now being a bit more uncertain when it was obvious it's going to be a long process with a brand new manager.

Rex Banter likes this.
  11. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Fine. I can take solace in the fact that most of your predictions are wrong.

We will beat Man Utd and we will beat Leeds Utd.

12. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

City’s team is full of top creative players. And they press well.

celestis likes this.
  13. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

I don’t get why we are rushing crosses into the box.

Surely we can pass it around the box, and work our way in patiently. Just use a bit of movement/dribbling skills and pass the ball around until we find a gap in the opponent defence.

00:40-00:48
    Why is tierney crossing the ball?
    Should have just make a short cut back to auba.

00:52-1:00
    Auba should have use a bit of skills to dribble past his marker, and then making a low cross or short pass.

————————————————————————
    We should pass around until we finds a gap.

Our players would have crossed the ball at 00:20. But they shouldn’t.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  14. GoonerBoy19

GoonerBoy19 Well-Known Member

Very one dimensional, everyone knows now that wing backs are key for us and we don't have any creativity in the centre. Take our left wing back and Auba out of the game, 90% we wont be able to score. Once Luiz went off the long balls also stopped, so we went flat and ran out of ideas.

15. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

Perhaps we should not have hired someone who we have not seen any evidence of his work. People will go on about Guardiola and Barcelona but that was an anomaly and very different circumstances.

It was just craziness hiring a rookie manager who has never managed before to take on what is literally the 3rd biggest club in the country and one of the biggest in the continent.

Now that he is here the board will have to back him. Give him what he needs but I will be honest. I’m not expecting much from Arteta because he is still learning on the job. I’m just annoyed with the quality of football on display.

People are so quick to say we’ve got our Arsenal back and not actually look at what is happening on the pitch. It’s been rigid. He plays safe football and that’s fine when we are low in the table and need to not lose. Not so good when you are trying to qualify for Europe.

Let us hope he decides to not be so cautious going forward.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  16. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

arteta is not prioritising the league. His focus is europa.

17. Kakao

Kakao Member

Hot take Arteta wont be our manager next year

Aubamagoal likes this.
  18. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Trying to over complicate things too quickly with limited players.

Football Manager likes this.
  19. nas7232

nas7232 Active Member

Why did we buy saliba and not include him a squad/put him behind mustafi that lost us games/millions. Seems like players were blackmailed into accepting pay cut. They should have been informed; take a pay cut or no game time. Sokratis is far superior than mustafi

20. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

I'm very tired with these lopsided formations now. They can work in one off games, but are just to complex to gain any sort of fluidity week in week out.

4231, get our best players on the pitch.

Leno
    ANN-Luiz-Gabriel-Tierney
    Partey-Xhaka
    Pepe-Willian-Saka
    Auba

Being to start easing Saliba in.

Won't happen though, fear Arteta has the Pep gene where he overcomplicates things for no reason.

Moah likes this.