<

Mikel Arteta: Serial Non-Negotiator

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Dec 20, 2019.

?

Do you believe Arteta will turn it around?

1. Yes, I still have 100% faith in him

13.6%
  2. Yes, but my confidence in him has decreased this season

21.4%
  3. No, he should go imminently

15.5%
  4. No, but he should stay on until his position becomes untenable

31.1%
  5. Give him the rest of the season no matter what

18.4%
  1. Breezy

Breezy Well-Known Member

FFS. :facepalm:

krackpot and Kav like this.
  2. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Probably because Atalanta have full backs who score and provide for fun and a system in place that suits those players...

Our players wouldn't suit that system, we don't have a good hold up striker and we don't have a multitude of fantastic full back options.

3. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

The other thing is you have Lacazette and Auba doing more running, ball winning and defending in deeper areas where you could have Pepe, Willian, Saka etc combining the game for them to occupy opposition defenders to you know....attack!

We now have the players to play a simpler and more effective game to get results but we seem to hellbent on reinventing the wheel where there is no need for it and don't have the resources for.

Majority of the players are expending energy in unnecessary stuff taking the sting out of their effectiveness. This is causing them grow more and more nervous.

Kav likes this.
  4. Kysus

Kysus Well-Known Member

Lol
    Tierney and Bellerin, even AMN and Saka are (obviously) much better than Atalanta's fullbacks.
    And despite his struggles Laca is (obviously) much better than Zapata and frigging Muriel.

Atalanta are set-up to attack
    We are set-up to defend

That's the difference.

truth_hurts likes this.
  5. Kysus

Kysus Well-Known Member

Arteta turned us into Wolves.

6. HairSprayGooners

Atalanta play a 343, we played that formation and were told we're too negative playing it... :lol:

Tierney and Bellerin aren't better than Atalanta's wing backs at the job they do in a 343. Like I said before, Gosens, Atalanta's main LWB scored 9 and assisted 8 in the league alone last season. Castagna is far better than Bellerin as an attacking right wing back in a 343 as well, he's quality on the ball.

Laca isn't better at Zapata in the job that Zapata does for their team. Just like Lacazette would never be better than Firmino in Liverpools team, because he does a specific job for the side to function.

You're chatting absolute nonsense to be honest.

7. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Lets give our new manager a chance eh? See how it pans out over the season? Let the past be the past? What do you think brother? Are you with me?

8. Kysus

Kysus Well-Known Member

You are extremely defensive because your ego seems to be identified too much with your opinion. Kills all open-mindedness.
    Discussions are not a battle where you have to defend and attack, it's a chance to learn.
    Would recommend some reflection.

9. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

I think people are going to be disappointed if you’re always saying “we need x player”. Yes an elite creative midfielder would be nice but it’s hard to get all these players at once unless you’re Man City or Real Madrid.

You don’t need creativity to press higher in midfield or force turnovers close to goal. He’s not an elite final ball player but someone like Willian should be enough creativity for most teams.

He was Chelsea’s most creative midfielder last year in terms of shot creating actions and even if he’s not like peak Özil if you have him plus a strong, active midfield like we do now you should expect more.

You should game plan to compensate for your weaknesses, not wave the white flag and try and sh*thouse results.

I don’t expect Wengerball out of this team but there’s other ways to play attacking football.

NieThePiet, Breezy, L3T5 PL4Y and 2 others like this.
  10. HairSprayGooners

Saying Tierney and Bellerin are far better than any of Atalanta's full backs without any facts to back it up isnt an open minded discussion. Its outright lunacy.

I'm happy with having open convos with people who know what they're talking about.

If you're wanting that then at least back up what you're saying.

11. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

Oh god FFS
    Did u watch the example I posted?

12. Kysus

Kysus Well-Known Member

Still a defensive ego talking.
    Go beyond that my friend, try it.

kash2 likes this.
  13. HairSprayGooners

I just said to you expand on your points yet you're saying I'm being defensive? Despite you not expanding on any of the points you made... Very weird

14. Kysus

Kysus Well-Known Member

Inquire into your resistance, it's the door to freedom.

15. HairSprayGooners

I'll take a tin hat, pot of flat earth and 5 aliens with that please.

truth_hurts likes this.
  16. TriniGunner

TriniGunner Well-Known Member

I understand Arteta's strategy in making us a more defensively solid team, which we have become but the sacrifices we're making are playing right into the opposition manager's hands. We're way too risk averse and I don't know whether it's an actual tactic or his inability to trust his players to not make mistakes. I've never seen an Arsenal team so afraid of attacking the opposition...NEVER!

Kav likes this.
  17. DUFFMAN

DUFFMAN Active Member

Look we can't sack him yet.

Have to give him time.

Let's see where we are next summer.

****ty fixture list we got handed

al-Ustaadh likes this.
  18. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

They are absolutely not much better. This is overrating players because they play for Arsenal. Gosens is easily better footballer than dumbass AMN and Tierney

19. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

These "sacrifices" are more to do with us not having good attacking options. Saka and Aubameyang, who the latter hasn't been playing well at all this season, are really the only true options we have. In my opinion, Pepe, Willian, and Lacazette are overrated or just not good enough for what we need our attack to be.

20. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Trust the process

Kysus and al-Ustaadh like this.