<

Mikel Arteta: Serial Non-Negotiator

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Dec 20, 2019.

?

What should the minimum target for this season?

1. Top 4 Finish

2. Europa League Win

3. A Realistic Top 4 Challenge

4. A Domestic Trophy

5. Getting the Team/Attack Clicking Irrespective of League Finish or Trophies

6. Give Him Until The End of The Season Regardless

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

I just said to you expand on your points yet you're saying I'm being defensive? Despite you not expanding on any of the points you made... Very weird

2. Kysus

Kysus Well-Known Member

Inquire into your resistance, it's the door to freedom.

3. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

I'll take a tin hat, pot of flat earth and 5 aliens with that please.

truth_hurts likes this.
  4. TriniGunner

TriniGunner Well-Known Member

I understand Arteta's strategy in making us a more defensively solid team, which we have become but the sacrifices we're making are playing right into the opposition manager's hands. We're way too risk averse and I don't know whether it's an actual tactic or his inability to trust his players to not make mistakes. I've never seen an Arsenal team so afraid of attacking the opposition...NEVER!

Kav likes this.
  5. DUFFMAN

DUFFMAN Active Member

Look we can't sack him yet.

Have to give him time.

Let's see where we are next summer.

****ty fixture list we got handed

al-Ustaadh likes this.
  6. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

They are absolutely not much better. This is overrating players because they play for Arsenal. Gosens is easily better footballer than dumbass AMN and Tierney

7. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

These "sacrifices" are more to do with us not having good attacking options. Saka and Aubameyang, who the latter hasn't been playing well at all this season, are really the only true options we have. In my opinion, Pepe, Willian, and Lacazette are overrated or just not good enough for what we need our attack to be.

8. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Trust the process

Kysus and al-Ustaadh like this.
  9. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

We lack creativity. We could do with Özil. Btw are we even allowed to mention his name or do we have to pretend he doesnt exist?

kash2 likes this.
  10. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

We need a prime Özil, but he died 3 years ago. A 2020 Özil isn't the answer.

11. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

Özil lacks creativity. He creates the final pass. But everything before that, he needs supplies from others. He need others to create for him.

12. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Yeah and I really don't think we need the wheel being reinvented here. Its just that a formation needs to be settled on and our best players playing in their preferred position. Watching the game those are the two missing elements and tactical tweaks will fall into place.

Rex Banter likes this.
  13. Breezy

Breezy Well-Known Member

I think Arteta deserves to be executed for the abominations he’s serving us tbh.

14. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

I watched us yesterday losing 0-1 and unable to even create a half chance. Not saying he should start every game. But he could contribute. I feel as the season goes on this will become more clear and people will have to dismiss Özil even more to back the manager. You have him, you paying his wages and dont want to use him even for situations like this is just weird

truth_hurts, kash2 and Kav like this.
  15. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

I wouldnt go that far, but if he continue like this he will pay for it in the afterlife for crimes against football together with Pulis

Gegen Pressing and Breezy like this.
  16. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Yeah at the height of Wengerball, Wenger had a rule where they could only make something like 2-3 sideaways/backward passes before having to pass forward.

17. Football Manager

Do you remember how we played 07-12?
    We were the English Barcelona and like to pass the ball around having possession. That's wengerball.

18. Football Manager

I remember 07-12. The media/pundit were saying we pass the ball too much, not direct enough, and not shooting enough.

19. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

It's true that there's generally too much impatience among fans, that's probably always been the case. But it's also true that this current state can't go on forever.

It's not just about momentum and buy-in from fans, but from within the squad too. The FA Cup helped a lot with that, but scoring goals would help even more. A free-scoring team generates its own positivity and achieves buy-in from fans, cos they want to see more goals, and from the players cos they want to get in on the action.

Maybe if you're Burnley the players would accept sufferball cos they know it's their only option, and they're happy with it. But Arsenal players aren't going to be.

Results since Arteta's arrival have been good, he has a good win %, and players like winning obviously. But I don't know how long they're gonna stay committed to a coach if the team is scoring so few goals.

I feel like we're obsessing about results and solidity, and we've totally lost sight of the positivity that good attacking football brings. That positivity is something you can build around, and without it I think eventually everything falls apart.

krengon likes this.
  20. Camus

Camus Well-Known Member

Solidity is important because the main thing we should strive for is to be competitive. Under Wenger we played nice attack football but would get blown away with 4, 5, 6, and 8s at the other end. Now with Arteta we're limiting chances at the back but barely mustering anything upfront. It's not one extreme or the other. Even if we don't win games I just want to come away from a match feeling like we gave a good account of ourselves across all areas of the pitch.