• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Our attack is a far bigger issue than our midfield. There’s a lack of movement in our forwards and our football is breaking down whenever it reaches them. We don’t have this great attack that many seem to think we have.

Completely disagree. Did you see the amount of runs Pepe made when he came on against Leicester from the right? Every single time he was ignored because it was Mustafi on the ball, there was no link play between midfield and attack. Auba makes incredible runs consistently and the only one who's able to regularly find him is Tierney.

Manberg

Predator
Completely disagree. Did you see the amount of runs Pepe made when he came on against Leicester from the right? Every single time he was ignored because it was Mustafi on the ball, there was no link play between midfield and attack. Auba makes incredible runs consistently and the only one who's able to regularly find him is Tierney.

You’re assuming it’s on the midfield to be creative. Arteta sets the team up so that creativity needs to be up to the forwards and the wingbacks to find each other. Liverpool are similar in style but their midfield press higher up the pitch. Against Leicester our midfielders were deep. Xhaka and Ceballos’s roles were to win the ball and support the wingbacks.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You’re assuming it’s on the midfield to be creative. Arteta sets the team up so that creativity needs to be up to the forwards and the wingbacks to find each other. Liverpool are similar in style but their midfield press higher up the pitch. Against Leicester our midfielders were deep. Xhaka and Ceballos’s roles were to win the ball and support the wingbacks.

Liverpool have Trent, Robertson, Salah and Mane creating from the wings along with a striker who is actually fantastic at link up play.

Arsenal have Bellerin, Tierney, no regular starter at RW and Auba. Huge difference right there. Hence why we need more in the middle.

Reactions: Kav

Manberg

Predator
Liverpool have Trent, Robertson, Salah and Mane creating from the wings along with a striker who is actually fantastic at link up play.

Arsenal have Bellerin, Tierney, no regular starter at RW and Auba. Huge difference right there. Hence why we need more in the middle.

Well it’s how Arteta has been setting us up for a while now, it should be obvious to you. Auba and Pepe need to play more like Mane and Salah. Tierney and Bellerin have been decent enough, particularly Bellerin. I like Tierney but I think he needs to dribble further rather than cross early at every opportunity.

Edit: As for the Firmino false nine role, it’s why I’m not against the idea of Willian as a false 9 it has its uses.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Well it’s how Arteta has been setting us up for a while now, it should be obvious to you. Auba and Pepe need to play more like Mane and Salah. Tierney and Bellerin have been decent enough, particularly Bellerin. I like Tierney but I think he needs to dribble further rather than cross early at every opportunity.

Edit: As for the Firmino false nine role, it’s why I’m not against the idea of Willian as a false 9 it has its uses.

Its how Arteta has been setting up for a while because we don't have any creative player in the middle... Hence why Arteta wanted Aouar. Think thats clear to see.

Pepe is nothing like Salah. Salah scores goals and is a playmaker from the right, he is more on the side of a Messi type player whereas Pepe, if he eventually gains consistent form is more on the CR7 pace and skill side. The players mentioned are of course levels above Salah and Pepe, but the player type is valid.

And again from the left Auba and Mane couldn't be any different. Mane is very technically gifted and fantastic at dribbling. Auba not so much, but he's an elite goalscorer. Therefore he needs to really be played centrally unless you have an excellent link up striker which we don't.

Bellerin is nowhere near Trent in quality despite having a good start to the season. Trent is actually Liverpools chief creator. Bellerin is nowhere near that level and never will be, he doesn't have the technical ability.

Tierney however can quite comfortably emulate Robertson from the left, I have no issues or worries with KT. He'll be excellent.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hope it's Thierry Henry.

Imagine him with some of the players we currently have...he would literally be beating the **** out of some of them, they would deserve it too!

I’m not sure that would work well. Few elite players become elite coaches for a good reason... they struggle to empathise with players who lack their talent.

They also remember the player they became more than the player they started as, and assume if they can do it, others can.

Acceptance doesn’t come easy for them, and some of our players are just basically fish out of water being asked to run faster.

If anyone here has attempted homeschooling their children this year, you’ll know exactly what I mean.

Manberg

Predator
Its how Arteta has been setting up for a while because we don't have any creative player in the middle... Hence why Arteta wanted Aouar. Think thats clear to see.

Pepe is nothing like Salah. Salah scores goals and is a playmaker from the right, he is more on the side of a Messi type player whereas Pepe, if he eventually gains consistent form is more on the CR7 pace and skill side. The players mentioned are of course levels above Salah and Pepe, but the player type is valid.

And again from the left Auba and Mane couldn't be any different. Mane is very technically gifted and fantastic at dribbling. Auba not so much, but he's an elite goalscorer. Therefore he needs to really be played centrally unless you have an excellent link up striker which we don't.

Bellerin is nowhere near Trent in quality despite having a good start to the season. Trent is actually Liverpools chief creator. Bellerin is nowhere near that level and never will be, he doesn't have the technical ability.

Tierney however can quite comfortably emulate Robertson from the left, I have no issues or worries with KT. He'll be excellent.

We can expect better from our forwards playing in the current system. Your Pepe and CR7 comparison doesn’t make sense to me, I don’t see it.
Bellerin has been key for the team in Arteta’s system, that switch from left to right when the left is crowded often involves Bellerin getting into an advanced area. Bellerin’s also been important in passing moves to be the one to take the ball forwards past the press.
We need our forwards to play together and assist each other. You say Auba can’t take players on but against a low block he won’t get any space at all. He will have to beat players else he’ll become useless.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
What planet is living on? They didn't respect us. They setup a trap by nullifying our left flank and made us play into their hands.

Doesn't sound like a manager who is about to change his approach.
Trying to stay positive, I guess.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Trying to stay positive, I guess.
We finish our chances in the first half, we win. The goal is allowed with the missed chances, we tie. The first half is more of what Arteta is setting up for. The second half was a **** show and it illuminates his learning curves as a first-time manager.

This is a long-term project. Patience.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

ngl he sounds like Ole here :lol:
And he’s gonna have a very Ole like career here tbh.

Fans will stay sceptical then he will get a couple big wins to buy him some time and rinse repeat. I just hope he gets to January unscathed and gets a creative player in hopefully.

I’ve never seen a manager successfully drag along a fanbase kicking and screaming for a whole season, so this will be interesting.

blaze_of_glory

What planet is he living on? They didn't respect us. They setup a trap by nullifying our left flank and made us play into their hands. We were at full strength while they had 5 key players out yet we couldn't break them down.

Honestly though they didn't even nullify that left flank until Saka and Luiz came off. We were getting at them for fun on that side in the first half.

Manberg

Predator
What planet is he living on? They didn't respect us. They setup a trap by nullifying our left flank and made us play into their hands. We were at full strength while they had 5 key players out yet we couldn't break them down.

When a team like Leicester sets up in a low block against you, it means they respect you. There’s no two ways about it. It’s like what we do to Liverpool.

They played a 3-4-2-1 with Harvey Barnes up top :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
We finish our chances in the first half, we win. The goal is allowed with the missed chances, we tie. The first half is more of what Arteta is setting up for. The second half was a **** show and it illuminates his learning curves as a first-time manager.

This is a long-term project. Patience.
I'm fully backing Arteta btw, just found the quote funny.

I don't agree with how the opinion seems to have shifted against Arteta in the last few weeks. There's obvious room for improvement but this team is arguably two Lacazette sitters away from being joint top of the league. Perspective is needed, Arteta is doing better than Klopp did at this point in his Liverpool career.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Would having a crowd change the way Arteta is setting the team up? Or would perhaps the players be more expressive when they hear the crowd getting frustrated + not being able to hear Arteta barking at them all the time?

These are profressional experienced players that ideally need to use their instincts a bit more. Unfortunately they don't have an excuse of "sorry couldnt hear you boss". Not saying they should ignore Arteta but being on the pitch is different to being on the sidelines and stiffling instinct is not a good move imo.

Top Bottom