<

Mikel Arteta: Serial Non-Negotiator

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Dec 20, 2019.

?

What should the minimum target for this season?

1. Top 4 Finish

2. Europa League Win

3. A Realistic Top 4 Challenge

4. A Domestic Trophy

5. Getting the Team/Attack Clicking Irrespective of League Finish or Trophies

6. Give Him Until The End of The Season Regardless

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Lol

2. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

Doesn’t matter really, more than enough to work with the produce better football than we have atm. Can’t deny that.

Trilly and GDeep™ like this.
  3. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

Don’t believe that but even if true Aouar imo doesn’t make that game vs Leicester any better.

Macho and Moah like this.
  4. al-Ustaadh

Nah. Our forward options in general are awful with the exception of Saka and Auba, who the latter isn't performing right now either.

If we finished our chances in the first half, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. This brings me back to the point above: Lacazette is part of these awful options we have.

Just need to start playing Auba centrally and bringing Lacazette off the bench.

5. al-Ustaadh

This quote is taken out of context. If you watch the press conference, he's talking about the first half here - which would then make this true. It's the second half, which he also admits to, that was ****ing awful and lost us the game.

Jury, American_Gooner and Red London like this.
  6. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not a big fan of judging a manager based off how he answers media questions anyway. Some are more honest and some are less so, but its all PR bollocks tryna give a political answer.

I do the judging based off performances and results not his reaction to them, unless he has something really insightful to say.

greekgooner likes this.
  7. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Aouar wouldn’t have done anything for atleast 2 years anyway.

Trilly and Red London like this.
  8. Moah

Moah Well-Known Member

Thank God we didn't score those chances. It would have meant more of this **** football with ground to stand on.

Edit: Let it be known I didn't mean it in the Arteta Out way. :lol:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  9. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Partey definitely has the potential to give us an instant impact. I know we are sorely lacking in terms of creativity but I don't think Aouar is even that type of player to control games or consistently want the ball to create chances. He's a great player at retaining the ball and carrying it further up the pitch, and Saka has been doing it better than he probably would in his first year here.

We have more CMs but theyre not necessarily very good are they, Partey strenghtens our spine.

GDeep™ likes this.
  10. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

This is his first sticky period as manager, 3 early defeats and now going away to Utd with the football being dead if we’re to be honest.

11. LG10

LG10 Well-Known Member

Getting frustrated by him but find it hard to be harsh when he has the worst striker in the division and a lost looking Pepe in attack. Is way too cautious for my liking but you can see the reasoning; we don't have the attack to blow teams away and have to grind out wins.

12. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Don’t think he’s handled either player well though. Doesn’t show faith in either.

He’s even got Auba chasing fullbacks.

Hleb's Sirush likes this.
  13. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

Can Arteta instruct our players to stop crossing the ball. Since when did you see Henry making a long cross for Barcelona? Most of the time, before entering the final third, he was just staying wide to help stretching the play. He will just make short pass back to the central area.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  14. ArtetaOut

ArtetaOut Member

You disappoint me. You need to stop being politically correct and be sensible in understanding that the sooner this scrub leaves the club the shorter our suffering will be.

15. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

:lol: You’re throwing stones from a very safe place. ‘I’m still 100% behind him’, yet it’s just a stream of negativity about him. It’s ok to say you think he’s another Emery. I don’t know why you want it both ways.

Macho likes this.
  16. gamechannel

gamechannel Well-Known Member

Worst striker in the league? Lol! So Auba is all of a sudden the worst striker? What about the allegedly awesome Willian that we just committed high wages to for 3 years?

Here's a crazy idea for you Arteta apologists: Play players in the right positions, play with a bit more freedom and the attack will sort itself out.

Auba in the center, Saka on the left, Pepe on the right, Willian behind the front 3.

The excuses for Arteta have to stop.

17. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

He's either knowingly spouting dreck or he's lying to himself. I'll decide at the end of the season.

American_Gooner likes this.
  18. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Attention Seeker

Clouds of doubt on the horizon clyve!

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  19. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Didn't you say the same thing about Emery at some point? I could swear you did.
    Anyhoo... that Argument does not hold. Klopp had an identifiable style of play from the moment he joined Pool, he just didn't have the tools. he Add to that that his results improved with every new signing. i still have no idea what Arteta's style is, nor do i see signings improving us.

That's not to say I'm against Arteta. I'm giving him till the end of the season before I make up my mind.

Trilly and BigPoppaPump like this.
  20. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

What stones? The football is dead and he’s handled some players wrong.

Like I said before, supporting a manager isn’t having your head up their backside.

Nice to see you finally supporting him btw.