<

Mikel Arteta: Serial Non-Negotiator

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Dec 20, 2019.

?

What should the minimum target for this season?

1. Top 4 Finish

2. Europa League Win

3. A Realistic Top 4 Challenge

4. A Domestic Trophy

5. Getting the Team/Attack Clicking Irrespective of League Finish or Trophies

6. Give Him Until The End of The Season Regardless

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

You're optimistic if you think we're winning the EL.

Watch us lose to some semi unknown team made of part time plumbers in the 16th round.

2. DUFFMAN

DUFFMAN Active Member

We'll be united Sp**s and Chelsea in no time if some fans have their way.

New season, new manager.

3. gamechannel

gamechannel Well-Known Member

Or we will be Newcastle United with repeated ****ty seasons under incompetent managers who overstay their welcome which will give the owner the perfect excuse to stop spending money until the club's results improved.

kash2 likes this.
  4. DUFFMAN

DUFFMAN Active Member

Big Sam to save us in February;)

5. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

People actually wanting another manager sacked already. Tired of modern football fandom. Hopefully the owners of this forum pull the plug soon.

6. DUFFMAN

DUFFMAN Active Member

Agree.

Some arsenal Fans are like young Instagram morons.

Need instant gratification.

Spoiled little kids. No patience.

Gooner1988TK likes this.
  7. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

At the same time after 10 months of being in charge. Emery has clearly superior point/goal/chance and shot per game. We seen the stats already. Eventually it went bad for emery and yes there were signs. But Arteta team is showing bigger signs things will go bad as his team is struggling more. So what is this optimism based on? His defenders say give him time he willl get it right. But can’t show us why he will do better

8. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

10-12 months is usually how long managers last though. Most big club after a year sack their manager after a year if no progress. Look at Chelsea who has been more successful than us last 15 years. How many managers had they had?

Emery was sacked after 17 months. Many people wanted him gone after 12 months with how he ended that season. That decision of not sacking him in the summer meant next season became a write off. Give Arteta this season. If there is no clear sign of progress and more importantly cohesive attacking play. Get rid in may

9. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Emery had two pre-seasons to shape this team, and giving up 25 shots to Watford was the best he could come up with. Going to Leicester and only mustering 20% possession. Plenty of other examples you could find.

The optimism is based on the results he's managed against the other top sides in his 7 months in charge. No one was calling for his head a few weeks ago. We gave Emery a chance while his new signings settled in, why won't you do that with Arteta?

10. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

With lockdown, he’s been coaching the team only a few months. Asking for a new manager is abit ridiculous :lol:.

11. DUFFMAN

DUFFMAN Active Member

Best point I've read here in ages.

Since he took over at the end of December what a roller coaster for him.

12. DUFFMAN

DUFFMAN Active Member

Yeah and Emery had to deal with covid once he took over.

Fair playing field.

13. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

All I am saying is I dont think Arteta is good manager. Now time will tell. But I also dont believe in every manager deserves 2-3 years at a club. Like I said we will see end of the season. If he ends up 7-8 with the football not improving will you say give him another year? WE are entering November.....if the football dont improve soon. In 2 months time this thread will look different. Im not even saying sack him now....but why is no one questioning him on his style of play? The media is so bad at actually asking tactical questions

14. squallman

squallman Still Pining for Wenger

I hate the comparisons to other managers, whether they be Emery, Klopp, whoever. I similarly hate comparisons with other clubs.

There will never be a 1:1, Liverpool did this so if we do the same then we will achieve the same results. How did that work out for them when they copied us in the 90s by bringing in a French manager and French players?

For every analogy you can use, a counterexample exists E.g. Guardiola didn't show much in his first season. Klopp was given time and look what he's done. Emery didn't show much in his first or second season. Rodgers was at Liverpool for years and didn't win the league or a trophy. Ironically if Liverpool had persisted with Rodgers they never would have got Klopp

Real Madrid sacked Mourinho and then Ancelotti, men who delivered a league title and a European Cup respectively. They then went on and won three more European Cups and a league title

Conversely United didn't sack Ferguson before he won his first FA Cup and he won 13 league titles for them

Stop comparing us to others and judge Arteta on what he's done so far. From where I'm sitting he's done alright.

James Bond and DUFFMAN like this.
  15. Arsenal1508

Arsenal1508 Mods are unethical! Ozil, come assist me please!

We need to hope Arteta learns to evaluate himself and stop being subborn on player selection and tactics.

We dont want him to play like Simeone if he cant get results.

Gooner1988TK likes this.
  16. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

Did Emery have half of his training time knocked out due to a pandemic? What a ridiculous statement.

17. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Are you sure? Not during that 15 match winning streak? I know I've read it several times, but perhaps it was all Arteta.

As for the rest, I suppose that depends on how one measures managerial success. If it were the FA cup for me, then I should never have called for Wenger's sacking. Not to mention that improving us defensively to the shambles that was the Emery Show back to Wenger levels is to me the minimum required of any manager.

18. gamechannel

gamechannel Well-Known Member

Well on the flip side you could say he's already had 2 pre -seasons thanks to the lockdown.

19. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

You can’t turn auba/walcott into Ronaldinho by coaching. It’s not Arteta fault that we have shxt players.

20. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

This is a key point. A test of his humility will be how well he can acknowledge and learn from his mistakes.

It’s not always an incremental building process, sometimes it’s a lateral shift, followed by a big result.

Talk of replacing him is ridiculous.