• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Willian said I hadn’t worked with a coach with that mindset, The positional game doesn’t mean that you have no freedom on the pitch, you have the freedom to move, but many times you have to respect the position, what the coach asks, the instructions, understanding that it’ll be better for the team.

Kav

Established Member

What a load of lame excuses. He is speaking like he took the decision to exclude Saliba last year when it was just fews weeks ago. He clearly knew Mustafi, Mari and Chambers were all injured but he picked them all over Saliba who's fit and ready to play.

And now apparently he has to learn the langage and our "physicality", as if he never played pro football before. Gabriel played directly without speaking any english. He can speak portugese with Luiz but Saliba could also speak french with Luiz and even Arteta, juste like Pépé.

Some sorry *ss excuses and now he says he feel bad for him.
Top Posting.

I just feel I connect well with Arteta. I think he is one of those types you give time, at least the next 2-3 season to build something special here.

Think it will be a mistake not sticking through with him this season no matter what happens.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He talks way too much....first how great mustafi is and now before game 2 for omitting saliba for 3 injured CBs. Getting tired of him now

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I just feel I connect well with Arteta. I think he is one of those types you give time, at least the next 2-3 season to build something special here.

Think it will be a mistake not sticking through with him this season no matter what happens.
Top avi. Enjoying the series, just a shame it's fictional

Moah

No need to act like the majority want him gone, its just few people with their own agenda calling for that.

But, he deserves criticism for what he has shown lately. Many praised him when he won the FA cup and thought he was a messiah coming to rescue us from what has been a terrible form under Emery.

These past few games feels like Emery and him are just two sides of the same coin. Their difference is one can communicate well and the other couldn't.

How Arteta played when he was fresh here is drastically different from what we see now. We started playing against top teams and he rightly changed how we play to a very defensive style, but he is yet to turn it back to what we saw initially.

Hope is still there though, if we can see what what saw at the beginning it will be great again.

Blaziken

You can't be serious, 3 of those games involved much richer squads.

Why does nobody understand football on here. Honestly, everybody who comes on AM ought to go straight to the lobby and be forced to watch Moneyball and read 'The Numbers Game'.
I havent seen one convincing win by arteta and the football is poor, altough i want him gone after the impending united disaster i know our board dont have the balls to sack him. you probably wanted emery to stay after the baku debacle.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Pretty sure I coined both 'struggle ball' and 'bleep test Mik' on A-M. I hope for all of our sakes both of those trends die but I can't help but feel a bit of pride.:lol:
Nah bleep test ballers we say that in ends lol I see GDeep say it as well. I’m tall and fast with no tech so I get mocked as a beep test baller. Or I get called Kolo Toure/Sol Campbell.

I’ll give you struggle ball, we call it brexit ball - like Burnley and stuff, but I don’t wanna upset any leave voters on the forum so struggle ball is cool.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Fans getting on Arteta's back is beyond absurd. He saw how bat sh!t angry the fans got with an attacking flare manager.

He has the same problem Wenger had, a squad investment of no more than 5th in the league, so he's playing it super cautious and why wouldn't he.

I think this is true and I think he has a narrow margin to play with because of squad limitations. I think he's slightly too cautious. But let's be honest, the precision with which he'll need to adjust is very high as can be seen in Vardy's goal.

It's a really tough job.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nah bleep test ballers we say that in ends lol I see GDeep say it as well. I’m tall and fast with no tech so I get mocked as a beep test baller. Or I get called Kolo Toure/Sol Campbell.
I’m crying. :lol::lol:

Bleep test is more about fitness though nah? In my ends we’d just call you a kick and run or PnP (pace and power) merchant. :lol:

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I havent seen one convincing win by arteta and the football is poor, altough i want him gone after the impending united disaster i know our board dont have the balls to sack him. you probably wanted emery to stay after the baku debacle.

Great, Kash2 has a new sidekick.

It’s not that they wouldn’t have the balls to sack them, it’s that they aren’t complete idiots. The instability it brings.

Manberg

Predator
Mourinho after his side lost using fringe players:
"my future choices are going to be very easy"
"I would like to have made 11 changes at half-time,"​

Arteta after his side won using fringe players:
"We gave a chance to a lot of players who haven't played many minutes this season and it is something really positive because they showed they are well-prepared, they are at it, and they are ready when we need them,"
"They are always in the frame to play. It is not if we lose or win, it is what they bring to the team."

Thank **** we don't have Mourinho.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Mourinho after his side lost using fringe players:
"my future choices are going to be very easy"
"I would like to have made 11 changes at half-time,"​

Arteta after his side won using fringe players:
"We gave a chance to a lot of players who haven't played many minutes this season and it is something really positive because they showed they are well-prepared, they are at it, and they are ready when we need them,"
"They are always in the frame to play. It is not if we lose or win, it is what they bring to the team."

Thank **** we don't have Mourinho.
Mourinho played a full strength team bar Son and Kane. Son came on at HT, Kane at 60 mins still couldn't muster a shot on target since the 19th minute.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So Arteta's reason for not selecting Willock, AMN, Nketiah, Elneny or Nelson is because of what he wants to do tactically. They have all been training well.

Xhaka, Ceballos, Lacazette and Willian selected for tactical horseshoe no chance creating football. Great.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So Arteta's reason for not selecting Willock, AMN, Nketiah, Elneny or Nelson is because of what he wants to do tactically. They have all been training well.

Xhaka, Ceballos, Lacazette and Willian selected for tactical horseshoe no chance creating football. Great.

From his perspective it’s maturity. They are better at carrying out his instructions.

I don’t agree with it. I think he needs balance, and a bit of chaos is not a bad thing - especially against teams that defend with 10 players.

He definitely needs to use them more.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Nelson, Willock, Saka, Nketiah, AMN, Bellerin. nice core which at the very least are watchable and skilful. Cue the bumsquad ripping into them and wanting them sold.

Top Bottom