• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Emery didn't win a trophy, did he?
Also I think you forgot how bad we were in December 2019. There was a point where we were 3 points from relegation.

But you said everyone is equal. The last thing Emery finally did (job started and finsihed) was 5th place and Europa league final. Arteta took over and won and FA cup and we will see where he finishes this year. Will he finish 5th? Il bet you £100 quid he doesnt.

Manberg

Predator
But you said everyone is equal. The last thing Emery finally did (job started and finsihed) was 5th place and Europa league final. Arteta took over and won and FA cup and we will see where he finishes this year. Will he finish 5th? Il bet you £100 quid he doesnt.

Oh... you're talking about that communism vs capitalism debate :lol:

If you're patient with Arteta then why are you so negative?

If we lose tomorrow you'll get your pitchfork back out.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳

As I said there is no equality.

(1) you need to be able to speak english/or use translator, otherwise, you can't express your ideas well, and hence, people see you as stupid. Also the media will be against you from the beginning as its difficult to write stories about your useless media session.

(2) Need to have some existing goodwill based on being a player here

(3) Need to be hyped up by someone like Pep

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Oh... you're talking about that communism vs capitalism debate :lol:

If you're patient with Arteta then why are you so negative?

If we lose tomorrow you'll get your pitchfork back out.

No. I'm saying that your ideology is that everyone is equal. But at the minute you don't think Emery who finished 5th is equal to Arteta who finished 8th and sits 11th?

MartiSaka

I actually think the Europa league legs against Valencia/Napoli were actually the best results we have achieved as a club post Wenger. We did it convincingly against very good opposition who are very difficult to beat at home in particular.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
As I said there is no equality.

(1) you need to be able to speak english/or use translator, otherwise, you can't express your ideas well, and hence, people see you as stupid. Also the media will be against you from the beginning as its difficult to write stories about your useless media session.

(2) Need to have some existing goodwill based on being a player here

(3) Need to be hyped up by someone like Pep

You missed the other debate in the chit chat. We hired Emery who couldnt speak English. That's on the board not emery

MartiSaka

You missed the other debate in the chit chat. We hired Emery who couldnt speak English. That's on the board not emery

I'm not having a go at Emery, in fact the opposite, I am having a go at the fans for treating him differently based on his poor english skills.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I'm not having a go at Emery, in fact the opposite, I am having a go at the fans for treating him differently based on his poor english skills.

That I agree with. I'm sort of defending Emery. Mainly because as a Brit I moved to spain and seen the difficulties communicating. I think he was an honest hardworking manager but just couldnt inspire the players.

What I'm against is people saying he had this wonderful squad and failed and Arteta has this terrible squad and is failing.

ArtetaOut

Guardiola is a seriously overrated manager. He was just very lucky to have managed a Barca squad that was arguably the best club team in history. Even Wenger would've great success managing that squad. With all the money that he had spent City shouldn't be struggling so badly. And now we have a lesser version of the Bald Fraud in charge. Yeah fml

Guardiola is a seriously overrated manager. He was just very lucky to have managed a Barca squad that was arguably the best club team in history. Even Wenger would've great success managing that squad. With all the money that he had spent City shouldn't be struggling so badly. And now we have a lesser version of the Bald Fraud in charge. Yeah fml

Why you making it sound like Wenger is a bad manager? Wenger constantly got us top4 with bum squads and spending no money.

He would win CL every year if he had that Barca squad.

Stef-Wil

Morning Gooners, a very rare post from me.

We find ourselves in a challenging period at the moment which is causing some fans to doubt Arteta's abilities.

Personally, I am encouraged by what he's done so far. He's sured up a rocky defence and got the players and the majority of fans on side. He's produced some memorable big game wins and, of course, he delivered us the FA cup.

I agree with those who wonder if he is being too defensive but I believe he is simply trying to play to our strengths and atm our strength is not our attack.

I hear a lot of talk fans talk about the "right" system, one which gets the best out of Pepe, Laca and co but I'm not aware of any systems that would make Laca quicker, more intense, more clinical, or any that would make Pepe capable of not misplacing simple passes or hitting the first man on corners. To be blunt, our attacking players are not good enough atm, irrespective of what system we play.

I believe our attack won't significantly improve until we sign quality attacking players that suit Arteta's ideas.

And this is where I am a bit disappointed in him. I think he got it wrong signing Partey when we missed out on Aouar. We should have pursued another attacking talent. Don't get me wrong, Partey is top quality but at present he doesn't solve our biggest issue - a lack of creativity. We look likely to finish in the same position this season as we did last year without him.

We signed William on a free and spent 60m on a CM and defender. Why could we not have spent 60m on a winger and AM and then get a low cost defender just for this season? The way Arteta improved our defence last season gave me confidence in his coaching so I felt we desperately needed attacking, flair, players.

I know some of our fans like to look at how Liverpool developed under Klopp so I will remind them that Klopp prioritised improving the attack, secured top four, and then made big defensive signings that helped them win major honours.

And if we look at how Ole and Frank, both relatively inexperienced managers, made top four last year, it's because they had a rich array of attacking talent at their disposal compared to our limited options. Neither of their teams were great defensively.

Of course, Arteta isn't free from criticism but I think those questioning his abilities need to be a bit patient and mindful of the task. I don't think an experienced manager would be doing significantly better with our limited squad.

Anyway, it's matchday. COYG!!!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
And all you ever do is defend the indefensible. Its everyone else's fault apart from Artetas.

Multiple people are culpable for a loss. But you don't have to go overboard every time we bloody lose ffs.

During a new managers reign theres going to be ups and downs.

Look at how much Pep is struggling atm WITH a plethora of attacking talent. Its a funny old season, but I'm not gonna constantly get on a managers back because that isnt what you should do.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Morning Gooners, a very rare post from me.

We find ourselves in a challenging period at the moment which is causing some fans to doubt Arteta's abilities.

Personally, I am encouraged by what he's done so far. He's sured up a rocky defence and got the players and the majority of fans on side. He's produced some memorable big game wins and, of course, he delivered us the FA cup.

I agree with those who wonder if he is being too defensive but I believe he is simply trying to play to our strengths and atm our strength is not our attack.

I hear a lot of talk fans talk about the "right" system, one which gets the best out of Pepe, Laca and co but I'm not aware of any systems that would make Laca quicker, more intense, more clinical, or any that would make Pepe capable of not misplacing simple passes or hitting the first man on corners. To be blunt, our attacking players are not good enough atm, irrespective of what system we play.

I believe our attack won't significantly improve until we sign quality attacking players that suit Arteta's ideas.

And this is where I am a bit disappointed in him. I think he got it wrong signing Partey when we missed out on Aouar. We should have pursued another attacking talent. Don't get me wrong, Partey is top quality but at present he doesn't solve our biggest issue - a lack of creativity. We look likely to finish in the same position this season as we did last year without him.

We signed William on a free and spent 60m on a CM and defender. Why could we not have spent 60m on a winger and AM and then get a low cost defender just for this season? The way Arteta improved our defence last season gave me confidence in his coaching so I felt we desperately needed attacking, flair, players.

I know some of our fans like to look at how Liverpool developed under Klopp so I will remind them that Klopp prioritised improving the attack, secured top four, and then made big defensive signings that helped them win major honours.

And if we look at how Ole and Frank, both relatively inexperienced managers, made top four last year, it's because they had a rich array of attacking talent at their disposal compared to our limited options. Neither of their teams were great defensively.

Of course, Arteta isn't free from criticism but I think those questioning his abilities need to be a bit patient and mindful of the task. I don't think an experienced manager would be doing significantly better with our limited squad.

Anyway, it's matchday. COYG!!!
Good post. Arteta always fills me in doubt nowadays. Will he select the best available team?

Arteta encourages me, but I will always go back to Wenger when I compare the team and the tactics.

NEVER EVER in a million seasons would Wenger:
Buy Willian with Pepe/Nelson around
Play Willian with Pepe/Nelson around

He sold Vieira because of Cesc. Wenger would have died before he does something like what we are doing now.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Someone like Willian was needed. The thing is none of our attackers are working right now. So they all look cack, even Auba. Willian is the new boy, so when he looks bad he will get pelters. Which isn't fair. We needed Willians depth.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Multiple people are culpable for a loss. But you don't have to go overboard every time we bloody lose ffs.

During a new managers reign theres going to be ups and downs.

Look at how much Pep is struggling atm WITH a plethora of attacking talent. Its a funny old season, but I'm not gonna constantly get on a managers back because that isnt what you should do.

Going overboard is saying Arteta Out.

What's not going overboard is judging his team selections, subs and overall performance to date and saying I dont think it's good enough.

And if we get beat by Leeds today and have a first 9 games with 5 loses and 4 wins what kind of progress would that be showing?

scytheavatar

Established Member
Good post. Arteta always fills me in doubt nowadays. Will he select the best available team?

Arteta encourages me, but I will always go back to Wenger when I compare the team and the tactics.

NEVER EVER in a million seasons would Wenger:
Buy Willian with Pepe/Nelson around
Play Willian with Pepe/Nelson around

He sold Vieira because of Cesc. Wenger would have died before he does something like what we are doing now.

Wenger brought Sagna when everyone thought Eboue was going to be the best right back in the world........... he brought Auba after buying Laca and didn't want to play both of them together. You are vastly underestimating Wenger if you think he's a fanboy who doesn't make difficult squad decisions. He is slow to make them but he would have when necessary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom