• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In the middle of a pandemic given the risks? Unprofessional if you ask me but no doubt you disagree.

By that logic you disagree with European games being played and internationals being played? Auba goes away with Gabon on international duty, Willian goes to Dubai as he isnt involved with Brazil. Tell me the difference? I'd understand if it was a random one off thing during the season but its not. And Dubai is of course one of the safer places atm.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
By that logic you disagree with European games being played and internationals being played? Auba goes away with Gabon on international duty, Willian goes to Dubai as he isnt involved with Brazil. Tell me the difference? I'd understand if it was a random one off thing during the season but its not. And Dubai is of course one of the safer places atm.

One is going away on necessary travel. One is going away to enjoy themselves. Completely different.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
But in the grand scheme of things whats the problem if Dubai has no restrictions when you come back to the UK?

Because it is not necessary. By going to airports and restaurants full of people you increase the risk. Can he not relax in his own house with a steak?

Basically he though **** CV I'm rich I'm going to go on holiday. I'm not gonna sit at home bored. Poor attitude

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If William felt there we extenuating circumstances for going to Dubai for whatever reason that's fine, but he should have pleaded his case with Arteta / the club to get authorisation for the trip first.

He should be punished in some form in my opinion. On the surface level it seems a very selfish thing to do.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If William felt there we extenuating circumstances for going to Dubai for whatever reason that's fine, but he should have pleaded his case with Arteta / the club to get authorisation for the trip first.

He should be punished in some form in my opinion. On the surface level it seems a very selfish thing to do.
Disrespectful too, to the manager, Edu, other players etc. Other players have been punished because they supposedly haven’t brought into the Arteta culture - Özil for not accepting the pay cut, Guendouzi for not apologising etc, this is as bad.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Disrespectful too, to the manager, Edu, other players etc. Other players have been punished because they supposedly haven’t brought into the Arteta culture - Özil for not accepting the pay cut, Guendouzi for not apologising etc, this is as bad.

I agree, unless it was a last minute dash to see a dying relative or something there's no excuse for it.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

For what it's worth, Willian posted a promo on IG about the game and players usually only do that when they're starting.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’m sure Saliba would love to skip off back to France as well since he’s only playing U23s and would like to see friends and family but whatever.

My understanding is that Willian went on business anyways - but that doesn’t make it right. I’m waiting to see what Arteta does before I start criticising but I agree it’s poor.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I’m sure Saliba would love to skip off back to France as well since he’s only playing U23s and would like to see friends and family but whatever.

My understanding is that Willian went on business anyways - but that doesn’t make it right. I’m waiting to see what Arteta does before I start criticising but I agree it’s poor.
Business :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
If Willian starts then the non negotiable thing is just bollocks. Like @Macho though, I’ll wait before I criticise the manager. Maybe the player will be banished from the squad today.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

For what it's worth, Willian posted a promo on IG about the game and players usually only do that when they're starting.

I think William should have been dropped at least for today based on the little information we have. Saying that, it's possible the clubs investigations haven't concluded yet and they don't want to punish him till the matter is concluded, which is reasonable in my eyes.

Personally I feel if things went down with the trip to Dubai the way we assume they did and William doesn't at least get fined, he's been a very lucky boy and it will leave Mikel open to accusations of hypocrisy.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If the front 3 are Auba Laca Willian it's clear that Artetas non negotiables and accountability are all a load of ****e. And that no matter how bad some player play they will continue to play. And no matter he well the "non senior" players play they wont get a sniff for example Willock. Not even on bench.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think William should have been dropped at least for today based on the little information we have. Saying that, it's possible the clubs investigations haven't concluded yet and they don't want to punish him till the matter is concluded, which is reasonable in my eyes.

Personally I feel if things went down with the trip to Dubai the way we assume they did and William doesn't at least get fined, he's been a very lucky boy and it will leave Mikel open to accusations of hypocrisy.

I dont think theres much for the club to investigate. All they had to do was ask him why he went and why he believed it was wise to be eating out in restaurants during a pandemic when he has a responsibility to not only himself but his teammates.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

I dont think theres much for the club to investigate. All they had to do was ask him why he went and why he believed it was wise to be eating out in restaurants during a pandemic when he has a responsibility to not only himself but his teammates.

I'm just playing devils advocate here. But it's possible it's not as simple as that, he could have gone to Dubai for a legitimate reason and turned it into a holiday while he was there.

I don't think it's likely, but it is a possibility.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I'm just playing devils advocate here. But it's possible it's not as simple as that, he could have gone to Dubai for a legitimate reason and turned it into a holiday while he was there.

I don't think it's likely, but it is a possibility.

Which Arteta would surely have said as Willian would have told him before.

Lets say he has family there. Boss,my cousin is getting married in Dubai. We are extremely close. Is it ok if I go for 4-5 days? If Arteta Grant's it then surely Arteta says.....Willian told me. I approved it. Nothing more to say.

He went on holiday because he wanted sun, nice restaurants and bars and to maybe go shopping etc. Like most of us would love to do. That said most of us dont have the responsibilities that he does.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Which Arteta would surely have said as Willian would have told him before.

Lets say he has family there. Boss,my cousin is getting married in Dubai. We are extremely close. Is it ok if I go for 4-5 days? If Arteta Grant's it then surely Arteta says.....Willian told me. I approved it. Nothing more to say.

He went on holiday because he wanted sun, nice restaurants and bars and to maybe go shopping etc. Like most of us would love to do. That said most of us dont have the responsibilities that he does.

I agree with you personally. From what I understand William is claiming he travelled to Dubai on business, which you are allowed to do according to the UK Governments regulations.

My view is that he probably scammed the system. I bet he decided he fancied a nice little holiday in Dubai and arranged a 5 minute business meeting there to cover himself on a technicality.

Honestly you could probably scam the system the same way if you want to get to your cousins wedding :lol:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I agree with you personally. From what I understand William is claiming he travelled to Dubai on business, which you are allowed to do according to the UK Governments regulations.

My view is that he probably scammed the system. I bet he decided he fancied a nice little holiday in Dubai and arranged a 5 minute business meeting there to cover himself on a technicality.

Probably.if he hasnt spoken to the boss before and later made claims I think it shows a huge lack of respect. Almost like making a **** out of Arteta.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Probably.if he hasnt spoken to the boss before and later made claims I think it shows a huge lack of respect. Almost like making a **** out of Arteta.

Even if what he's done is technically legal it's out of line and against the spirit of the regulations and disrespectful to Arteta and the club in my eyes.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom