• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Keep dreaming, he cannot.even play Saliba who is one of the better prospects in actual football. Nelson is not being played either. And ESR and Willock won't be played in PL.
Tomorrow you will see Xhaka and Ceballos in midfield. Maybe Willock in bench because Partey and Elneny are out.

Yeah I know, which is why Arteta needs to go. He is too stubborn of a manager to adapt to a different way of thinking.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Willian had a stellar record just a season ago at Chelsea too and yet that didn't stop you from crying about him........ why the double standards?
you buy things when it is in prime condition. Not while it is going down. FYI, I used to wish-list Willian a few seasons ago while he wasn't having such great times and you could see his potential. I do recognize that he WAS a good player. But not anymore.

Mkhi has 3 goals and 4 assists playing for an average Roma team. And he is younger than Willian.

Manberg

Predator
Willian was a free transfer. We needed attacking players but were short on cash. Willian was the best we could get for free.

If we had money to spend on forward players we wouldn’t have signed Willian.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Willian was a free transfer. We needed attacking players but were short on cash. Willian was the best we could get for free.

If we had money to spend on forward players we wouldn’t have signed Willian.
Dude, he started 7 games and only performed in one of those.

I'm not against Willian, but he epitomizes our selection issues.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
In terms of William on the pitch, he was one of Chelsea's better performers last year and for many years before that. His creative output was better than anyone we had over the past 2-3 years and we got him on a free, albeit on a longer contract than most of us would have preferred.

I really don't see any signs of physical decline or anything like that. Dubai issues aside, maybe he could do with a game or two out of the starting eleven based on form. I've got no issue with that.

We can't be saying he's a terrible signing after 10 games though, it's silly.
It's clear some fans want William to be a failure because of who we signed him from, his age, or to attack Arteta for playing him. It's pretty unfair.

Last edited:

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Well, second really poor result out of 8 this season, with only 1 result being especially good/surprising (United). The warning signs were there, and they showed up first in the Leicester match and now even stronger in this one.

Still maintain that not signing a creative attacking player was a negligence and criminal squad planning, and missed a huge opportunity...yes, I know we are trying to resolve this issue in the market and maybe will in January, but even still, it was a real opportunity missed. James, being more proactive with Ziyech earlier on (not this regime's fault), selling Maitland-Niles to be able to afford Aouar/choosing Aouar over Partey, Brahim on loan from Madrid...these were all options in the market that we should've and could've made good on, and I am probably forgetting one or two.

That said, while our attacking options are really uninspiring, I still maintain we can do better with what we have here.

What has to stop is this nonsense of Auba out wide and Lacazette/Nketiah centrally. Neither is currently good enough and we need to get another capable attacking player in there to help us create more chances.

I don't trust Willock too much on the ball against high level opposition but his off the ball running and ability to help unbalance a defence could be valuable to us right now. Since ESR still hasn't even got into the mix in Europa League he'd be the option I'd be looking at to take the place of Laca in the XI.

Bellerín-Luiz-Gabi-Tierney
Thomas-Ceballos-Willock
Willian-Auba-Saka

or

Bellerín-Luiz-Gabi-Tierney
Thomas-Ceballos-Saka
Nelson/Pepe-Auba-Willian (3-4-3/4-3-3 hybrid)

These need to be the two lineups we are picking from right now. ^

I will be very angry with Arteta if we come back from the break and Auba is not the 9. Enough is enough Mikel.

He listened to me! :)

@DavidHillier

C'mon Mikel, c'mon Basque God! Cleared up my Sunday to watch this one, massive match, need those 3 pts!

Manberg

Predator
Won’t be here for the torture this place will be if we lose. “Willian is the hill Arteta chose to die on!” Etc.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
In terms of William on the pitch, he was one of Chelsea's better performers last year and for many years before that. His creative output was better than anyone we had over the past 2-3 years and we got him on a free, albeit on a longer contract than most of us would have preferred.

I really don't see any signs of physical decline or anything like that. Dubai issues aside, maybe he could do with a game or two out of the starting eleven based on form. I've got no issue with that.

We can't be saying he's a terrible signing after 10 games though, it's silly.
It's clear some fans want William to be a failure because of who we signed him from, his age, or to attack Arteta for playing him. It's pretty unfair.

If we cant say Willian is a bad signing after 10 games then we cant say Gabriel was a good signing after the same amount. Or can we for one player and not the other?

Willian is an ok squad player. But you dont pay a squad player the sums of money we are paying him for 3 years. The deal was always strange.

Manberg

Predator
If we cant say Willian is a bad signing after 10 games then we cant say Gabriel was a good signing after the same amount. Or can we for one player and not the other?

Willian is an ok squad player. But you dont pay a squad player the sums of money we are paying him for 3 years. The deal was always strange.

0_BeFunky-collage-79.jpg

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Won’t be here for the torture this place will be if we lose. “Willian is the hill Arteta chose to die on!” Etc.

So you believe that given Willians form and his holiday to Dubai during a pandemic is ok? It doesnt deserve some kind of action given Mikels.....non negotiable and accountability speech. The fans didn't come up with that. The manager did. So if he isnt implementing it it shows weak leadership.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

We can say that Gabriel has had a bright start to his career and William a somewhat underwhelming one, but I don't think we can read too much more than that into it.

Chamakh had a great start, but a poor career here overall. Henry had a pretty terrible first 10 games or so and look how he turned out.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Now people can agree Arteta is going double standards and protecting some players like Willian?

He devaluated Douzy for a match issue and Willian breaks lockdown for a travel to Dubai and watching jogging in the match

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Willian > Pepe

Weird that there's so much hate for the first one but after a season and a half people still want to make excuses for the latter.

Bergkamp1988

After Arteta I want a real wrinkly coach. **** these young sexy coaches with their tight asses. Get me some lose skin and some wins ffs

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Some of us can clearly see he is not good enough and need to go. I don’t believe in giving bad managers longer time cause of some weird every one deserve 2 years rule. Sack

Manberg

Predator
This game has justified and vindicated a lot of choices he’s been making that the fans have been getting on his back for.

Not trusting Pepe for one. Changing tactics and switching Auba around doesn’t magically improve things like fans thought it would either. Willock disappointing on his breakthrough chance...

Needs better players. Leeds should not be spending more than us on transfers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom